Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Turkish Ferry Hijack.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Turkish Ferry Hijack. Empty Turkish Ferry Hijack.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 19:47

A nice clean conclusion to the ferry hijack in the Sea of Marmara off Turkey's Northwest coast. No innocent victims harmed.
    Reuters.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Turkish Ferry Hijack. Empty Re: Turkish Ferry Hijack.

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 20:31

Those Kurds are getting the rough end of the stick. Don't condone the attack on innocents but I can see where they are coming from. They have been attcked by the Turks using Napalm and by Saddem Hussein using nerve gas. They have lived in that area of easternTurkey and northern Iraq for 1000's of years. The Turks have carried out systematic ethnic cleansing in the last 25 years or so. Give them their homeland and be done with it. The same goes with the Palestinians.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 20:37

Thats how it should be, Shoot them, But that mendez fella we shot running into the tube, With the rucksack, and suntan, They got it wrong, but there was no need to make a big fuss of it, Inquiery Why make the feds look stupid, On all the tv and papers, Keep stum, Wrong place wrong time, But if they wasnt wrong and he had a bomb, and he killed loads because the feds didnt shoot him, Then what, Wrong place wrong time, shoot them, Let them know we mean business, Read about the EDL already for a rumpass yesterday at the two minutes silence, Feds spent more keeping them locked in a pub, Rather than watching the suntans, Who were going to disrupt things, but thought better of it when they heard about the EDL. Cowards. Ok sneaking about with bombs. Rather than fighting,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 20:55

3rdforum wrote:Those Kurds are getting the rough end of the stick. Don't condone the attack on innocents but I can see where they are coming from. They have been attcked by the Turks using Napalm and by Saddem Hussein using nerve gas. They have lived in that area of easternTurkey and northern Iraq for 1000's of years. The Turks have carried out systematic ethnic cleansing in the last 25 years or so. Give them their homeland and be done with it. The same goes with the Palestinians.

Mmmm. Difficult one this.
    Remember the Tenerife Los Rodeos aircrash in the 70s. 583 fatalities. That would never have happened if someone from an obscure Canaries Independence group hadn't placed a bomb in what was then known as Gando airport in Gran Canaria, now Las Palmas. The threat of a second bomb meant all planes had to be diverted to Tenerife North. This was on a Sunday when there were only 2 ATCs on duty. Ultimately, that terrorist act started a chain of unfortunate events which we now know caused the worst aircraft disaster in history.
    The point I am trying to make is that actions have consequences, and usually it is innocent people in the wrong place at the wrong time who suffer for it.
    This Kurd who had a bomb strapped to him could have walked into Turkish Military installations or Police stations or other authoritarian premises, but no, he chose to hijack a passenger ferry carrying innocent people.
    ETA, in the Basque region have also been campaigning for years for an autonomous homeland within Spain. Same with the Catalans. It's never going to happen.
    There are hundreds of countries all over the world with "separatist" groups who want independence. I'm like you and can understand why they do it, but when it comes to killing people out shopping or going on holiday or whatever I start to lose my sympathy.
    (I'm keeping out of Ireland here you'll notice! Turkish Ferry Hijack. 3707059870 Turkish Ferry Hijack. 3025408739) I'm going nowhere near that train wreck!
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 20:59

If anyone of any nation is in our country and they defecate our shrines (poppy included) in anyway at all, we should immediately deport them.
    We should be treated the same if we do that in another country, it should not be allowed anywhere.
    As far as Turks and Kurds go as a person who had a friend married to a Kurd and they lived with us for a while, I know a lot that goes on.
    Kurds have had the raw deal but they have also used terrorism in retaliation and are a very volatile Nation.
    It is a very difficult situation as they are bullied by the Turkish government but they have quite a bit of sympathy amongst the Turkish everyday man. The trouble here is many Kurds do not return this back to the everyday Turk.
    Oh and much to Reg's disgust I dare say, I speak a reasonable amount of Turkish, more than I do Spanish.

Last edited by Topdog on Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:13; edited 1 time in total
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:06

Yeh, Your right, They should have swerved the twin towers, And pressed on to the white house and pentagon, If they had to do anything, Why do they have to involve any innocent people,
    Tubes, buses, Pubs, lockerbie, etc, Worlds full of nutters, Rememberance for all those that died in the wars, to keep us from speaking german, Then we let an even bigger threat just walk in and try to take over, Which they will if we dont fight back, EDL said its time to take back our country, Like WTF
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:16

Underdog wrote:Yeh, Your right, They should have swerved the twin towers, And pressed on to the white house and pentagon, If they had to do anything, Why do they have to involve any innocent people,
    Tubes, buses, Pubs, lockerbie, etc, Worlds full of nutters, Rememberance for all those that died in the wars, to keep us from speaking german, Then we let an even bigger threat just walk in and try to take over, Which they will if we dont fight back, EDL said its time to take back our country, Like WTF
    Trouble is Reg we sold out years ago when we accepted Human Rights laws to rule our lives.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:16

Dosent bother me what you speak, I dont have a problem with most countrys, But certain types are inbred with a certain begging scheming downright dishonesty, Either in sport scaming, (just play the game) or the need to obtain money from any sorce, Without working, Their crooks, they cant help it, one in the paper today, Dancing at a wedding, Since he landed here, He has claimed he is paralised from the neck down, He turned up at court in a wheelchair for christ sake,
    Why didnt an official get a hat pin and stick it in his legs, No, Is he getting deported, No, Why. Because he has a right to a family life, Turkish Ferry Hijack. 951090068
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:20

H has a moral right to fecking work for it.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:24

TD, I agree with you completely regarding disrespecting other traditions in whatever country.
    Cam, I don't sympathise when these "seperatists" involve innocents, as you said they could have targetted military operations, but attacking strictly military personnel wont work for them as global opinion will remain generally apathetic. I can't remember who said it but "The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise" What they are trying to do is make their areas ungovernable and eventually the powers that be will not spend the considerable resources policing these places. Its the only kind of war they have any hope of success with. ( I'm talking about seperatists movements across the world here). If the ordinary person is appalled by these acts of terrorism, then it is also incumbent on our governments to intervene when genocide is being perpetrated on indigenous peoples. The US , after the Kuwait war, stood back and allowed Saddem Hussein to keep his attack helicopters which he then used to attack the Kurds. The secretary of state, James Baker, said it was not US policy to interfere with the internal dealings of a sovereign nation!! Pure hypocrisy!. They are forever sticking their noses in, especially if there is oil involved. I've said it before here, you reap what you sow.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:26

Wasn't that plane that crashed in Pennsylvania on its way to the White House? and heres one fot the conspiracy people, how come the plane's engines were found 2 miles from the crash site if the plane went into the ground in one piece?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:27

I dont know one that works, none of them short of money, 6 kids, All that crap, Can any of your family get a house, No. Can any afford 6 kids, No, Next time on a motorway, Look in all the people carriers, What are they up to ?, What are the moving about ?.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:32

And how many of the drivers have licenses, tax and insurance.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:39

I think i said it here before, stop allowing them to draw the dole here. Anyone is welcome provided they work, imo, but otherwise, bye bye.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:43

YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WORK, BUT THAT WORK SHOULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE TO THE NATIONALS FIRST, AGAIN IN ANY COUNTRY, OR THE PERSON BEST QUALIFIED, NOT THE BLOODY CHEAPEST.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:43

1 member of every family, To share among at least 4, My insurance agent said its because of that group, your insurance has gone up 40%, fraudulant claims, and if you get near to catching them. they go abroad for a year, They swop surnames with first names, brothers or cousins, You have no idea how far this go's, Child benefits, housing benefits, Letting council houses out privately, While 4 lots share a house, Same with taxi;s, 3 share one cab, Rife it is, What investigate them, No, thats discrimination,
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 21:48

Underdog wrote:1 member of every family, To share among at least 4, My insurance agent said its because of that group, your insurance has gone up 40%, fraudulant claims, and if you get near to catching them. they go abroad for a year, They swop surnames with first names, brothers or cousins, You have no idea how far this go's, Child benefits, housing benefits, Letting council houses out privately, While 4 lots share a house, Same with taxi;s, 3 share one cab, Rife it is, What investigate them, No, thats discrimination,
    They get a council house each, then let it out to another family member for extortionate rent, who the reclaims it in housing benefit, whilst having another council house themselves that they rent out, in a different suburb.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 22:24

Topdog wrote:YOU SHOULD HAVE TO WORK, BUT THAT WORK SHOULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE TO THE NATIONALS FIRST, AGAIN IN ANY COUNTRY, OR THE PERSON BEST QUALIFIED, NOT THE BLOODY CHEAPEST.

Trouble with that TD, is the rich fat cats will always employ the cheapest no matter what.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 22:36

Oh yeah and they are the ones making the rules, so we are in decline and defeat. What they do not realise is, one day very soon they will have no use for their money, they will be the targets for down trodden people that did try to make ends meet through graft.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 10:51