Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Adam Mint
Gypsy
6 posters

This is how Ryanair operate

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

This is how Ryanair operate Empty This is how Ryanair operate

Post by Gypsy Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 14:06

Video  

€300 for a pilot to get an interview.  Plus €29500 to be trained, buy their own uniform, drinks etc. and only paid while in the air. and then only €20 per hour.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

This is how Ryanair operate Empty Re: This is how Ryanair operate

Post by Adam Mint Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 15:12

Bit of an eye opener that...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 15:32

i'd take that salary figure with a pinch of salt. A pilot with them does an average of 19 hours per week due EAA regulations. That means the would earn 380 euros gross per week. Not viable imo.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 16:09

Would it be tax free because it is earned in no mans land This is how Ryanair operate 878948377
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 21:38

Nope, they pay tax in whichever country their base is in.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 12:33

they can only fly 1000 hours per year, they jut would not for 20k a year, oh they are not.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 12:40

http://www.pprune.org/
    Makes interesting reading. Its a pilots/air crew forum. Like doctors they shorten everything to initials but you'll get the hang of it. Like on Sunday one guy was wondering why the planes Monarch had lent to Qatar Airways were all heading back to the UK. This is how Ryanair operate 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 15:39

Perfectspecimen wrote:http://www.pprune.org/
    Makes interesting reading. Its a pilots/air crew forum. Like doctors they shorten everything to initials but you'll get the hang of it. Like on Sunday one guy was wondering why the planes Monarch had lent to Qatar Airways were all heading back to the UK. This is how Ryanair operate 3025408739

Exactly,,, company I worked with department managers are told to get everything up to date, any invoicing to be done get done, any invoices in dispute get them sorted out, any deals being done on equipment etc get them singed off,,, the reason given, the head accountant wants everything up to date and kept that way so he's got a better understanding of company finances,,, mmmm...

After about a month of this we're told on a Friday there's going to be a sales and distribution meeting eight o'clock Monday morning,,, we never have meetings at 08:00, and especially not Monday's, this is Scotland, we're all hungover...

On the Saturday in between I decide to go in to work, you can get through a fair bit of paperwork when the phone ain't ringing and the office door ain't getting knocked every five minutes cos nobody knows your there,,, about lunchtime I decide to call it a day, I go round to car park, the company chairmans cars in the car park, I think strange, you hardly ever see it there through the week never mind the weekend,,, as I get in my car I can see the light is on in his office, I can see him going around the office, he's taking down personal pictures off the walls,,,,,, I somehow think that is not cos the decorators are coming 08:00 Monday.......

So 08:00 Monday we're all in boardroom for sales and distribution meeting, who walks in, the company chairman,,, now I'd worked with the company twelve years and we had these meetings every month and I'd never seen him at one before,,, he pipes up, "Tradings been difficult the past twelve months resulting in the sale of the company, hopefully your jobs will be safe",,, the company taking us over head office was a mile down the road from ours, everyone in the boardrooms job was duplicated a mile away...

So why all the cloak and dagger stuff getting us there for a supposed sales and distribution meeting at eight o'clock on a Monday morning, the company taking us over was listed on the stock market and the takeover would be announced at 08:00 there so everyone, staff, suppliers, customers, investors, etc had to be told at the same time...

Thank feck I didn't work for Monarch, they announced it at 04:00...

This is how Ryanair operate 588840738

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 14:15