Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  Empty Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted

Post by 3rdforum Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 18:00

BBC NEWS

Not sure if any good will come by prosecuting him, but he's lied through his teeth going by what was told to the Saville enquiry. The fucing eejit will now go to trial to protect the ones who gave the order to fire. There isn't a hope in hell of Gen Mike Jackson being prosecuted ( he was a Captain there that day). The other side of the coin is that IRA killers were given "letters of comfort" by blair, officially telling them they would no longer be pursued. That ain't right either. Prosecute all of them or none of them.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  Empty Re: Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted

Post by Mcqueen Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 18:10

That blady place whats it all for Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  1498946960 also fecked Brexit up i think,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  Empty Re: Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted

Post by 3rdforum Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 18:27

Yep, they don't want customs checks down the Irish sea. BUT, if a No Deal Brexit goes ahead, then, Irish products will go into N Ireland without any tariffs, but not into rest of UK. Sooooo guess what will happen?? There will be customs checks down the Irish sea. Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  1498946960 Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  1498946960
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 18:30

I'm just after collecting Shona from the gym. There was a DUP councilor on the radio. He's also high up in the Free Presbyterian Church, the one Paisley started. Interviewer asked him, how can there be a loving god when people get horrible diseases like cancer. He said, and I'm feckin' quoting him verbatim, " those types of diseases only exist because of our sins". Now, this lad and his party, are holding not only the UK but the entire continent of europe to ransom. Angry3 Angry3 Angry3
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 18:47

3rdforum wrote:I'm just after collecting Shona from the gym. There was a DUP councilor on the radio. He's also high up in the Free Presbyterian Church, the one Paisley started. Interviewer asked him, how can there be a loving god when people get horrible diseases like cancer. He said, and I'm feckin' quoting him verbatim, " those types of diseases only exist because of our sins". Now, this lad and his party, are holding not only the UK but the entire continent of europe to ransom. Angry3 Angry3 Angry3
    well i must have been a sinner then Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  16779677
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 18:55

He probably believes it like his fecking religion Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  1498946960
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 19:42

Feckin madness!
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 19:49

Maybe Blair could give him a pardon Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 20:38

I have a book up in my loft somewhere entitled "The Widgery Tribunal". I bought it when I was in the army. I can see now with hindsight it was the biggest load of whitewash bollocks ever written. I agree with you Dermo that if one side are given pardons then so should the other, however I'm under no illusions that what 1 Para did that day was nothing short of murder. This L/Cpl "F" was responsible for a lot of the deaths alledgedly. The only officer that came out of it badly was the CO of 1 Para Lt.Col Derek Wilford, though at the end of 1972 the Queen presented Wilford with the OBE.
    Bernadette Devlin was temorarily suspended from Parliament afer slapping then Home Secretary Reginald Maudling for claiming the Paras had fired only in self-defence. It has now been established beyond much doubt that the Paras opened fire on unarmed protesters a lot of whom were shot in the back or while helping others who were shot. My first tour was 2 years later and the repercussions of that day soured the relationships between the Catholic population and the army for the rest of the time we were there. In 1976 I did my second tour in Derry, walking those same streets where it all happened in January 1972. Harold Wilson while in opposition at the time said one of the most sensible things then: "The only way to solve this problem is for a united Ireland".
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 21:11

Warren Point? I guess those poor bastards didn't have family to grieve for them then!!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 21:24

I don't condone any of it Bill, but the fact I was a squaddie doesn't mean I have to be loyal to people who shot down innocent people. This wasn't 1 Para's first atrocity, a few months before in Belfast they shot and killed people in the Ballymurphy massacre. Funnily enough, Arlene Foster declined to authorise the funding for an independent enquiry into the killings.
    From Wiki: "In 2016, Sir Declan Morgan, the Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland, recommended an inquest into the killings as one of a series of "legacy inquests" covering 56 cases related to the Troubles.[6][7]

These inquests were delayed, for funding had not been approved by the Northern Ireland Executive. The former Stormont first minister Arlene Foster of the DUP deferred a bid for extra funding for inquests into historic killings in Northern Ireland,[8] a decision condemned by the human rights group Amnesty International.[9] Foster confirmed she had used her influence in the devolved power-sharing executive to hold back finance for a backlog of inquests connected to the conflict.[8] The High Court said "her decision to refuse to put a funding paper on the Executive basis was unlawful and procedurally flawed."[10] In January 2018, the coroner's office announced that the inquest would begin in September 2018.[11] "
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 21:51

Sorry I can't bring myself to discuss this further [maybe I'm biased]
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 7:45

2 sides and both right they think, I am Joe Average living in England and i get sick to death of listening to smart people on tv etc going on and on and on about Ireland and who killed who and why
    I see horses being blown up and people sat in pubs having a quiet drink in the capital of britain etc,
    I have said it before give the Irish Ireland and if you want to be British move out of Ireland, will the last man out give them the fecking key, The army will give up the soldier to shut people up, fancy joining up to be trained then when you use that training you will be thrown to the wolves
    They are still doing it after other wars elsewhere, about time we kept our noses out of other peoples troubles,
    I feel sorry for folks that have given up their sons etc to fight and then be let down by shittty UK
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 13:29

Thanks Reg you have my respect
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 17:56

You are biased Bill, but in a good and understandable way. Whats going over here ( I should say in the north, the south just gives out about the government, taxes, health system, the normal things people everywhere give out about. ) is that each side is essentially claiming their own atrocities were worse than the other, and each side is trying to justify their own killers as being "freedom fighters". It will die down as the next generations come up. Its the politicians in the north that are spewing their vile rhetoric. I've said it before, no side, loyalist, republican or army have the monopoly on victimhood. Either prosecute all or none. Won't bring any solace to the families of any that dies but I don't see any other way to move forward.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:00

100% agree. All or none.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:19

See how quick the poison can rear up again and again, nobody can move on and forget about it
    Same with the krauts this generation must get fed up of hearing about the 1966 world cup Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  3025408739 
    Sorry to seem flippant about it but its how how deal with stuff, sorry to those that have been more affected than me with it all, Its a mess and always will be because of deep rooted memories Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  1498946960
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:24

Ah but there's hope. The young ones want no part of it by and large. Maybe I'm just glass half full type but I think I'll see a united Peaceful ( relatively after some aggro) Ireland. All we need to do is bin religion. I see women in Iran are beginning to agitate for rights. That could be the answer, let women lead the world. We'll just have to drive them around cos obviously, they haven't evolved enough to master that art yet,  Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  2839888827
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:27

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:33

Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  3025408739 Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:52

Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  3025408739 yeh you got to laugh, saying that if somebody killed one of mine stand back Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  506932706 Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  506932706 Bloody Sunday Soldier F to be prosecuted  506932706

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 9:13