Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Mermaid
Topdog
3rdforum
7 posters

Xmas Shopping

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Xmas Shopping Empty Xmas Shopping

Post by 3rdforum Thu 22 Dec 2011 - 23:16

Just in from Tesco after doing the Xmas shop. They could have done with traffic lights in there, feckin madness. We've now ended up with 14 litres of Coke, 6 litres of diet 7-up and 40 bottles of Heinekin and 5 litres of Bulmers ( I think you guys call it Magners). WE have 36 bags of crisps, 4 huge bags of Doritos, 4 tubes of Pringles. The feckin kids are going to be on a sugar rush til February!
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Xmas Shopping Empty Re: Xmas Shopping

Post by Topdog Thu 22 Dec 2011 - 23:24

I went yesterday to get some Marzipan, Like Knobheads Olympics.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 9:35

I am not looking forward to the queues.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 9:37

That's what I dislike about the UK Xmas Shopping 3707059870 how much fekkin food can you eat in one day FFS? Xmas Shopping 1498946960
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 9:40

We are out christmas day and boxing day but we still need some food like bread and milk etc.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 10:04

Cruella de Vil wrote:That's what I dislike about the UK Xmas Shopping 3707059870 how much fekkin food can you eat in one day FFS? Xmas Shopping 1498946960
    Totally agree Cru.

But for those who haven´t done all their present shopping yet - I read an article yesterday (that as my pressi to you I will share) that has some great ideas and CHEAP too.

1) For the book lover: Trot down to the local library, check out the newest bestseller and wrap it up. When the recipient opens your gift start on a long-winded diatribe about the assault on the environment and the importance of sharing resources. Be a Christmas angel and remind the recipient they’ll incur overdue fines after 2 weeks, so they should read fast!

2) For the wine lover: You have neither the budget nor the knowledge to please a true wine connoisseur. Don’t even try. Take a card and write, “Here’s a little something to toast the season”. Wrap up a box containing …2 pieces of dry toast. They’ll look like poor sports if they even hint that they would prefer a real gift to your clever gag.

3) For that special woman: Is there anything a woman loves more than expensive jewellery? Since THAT’s not going to happen, you can still score points by being romantic. Just write in a card, “You own the key to my heart.” Wrap up a small, jewellery-sized box in which you’ve placed… a key. Any old key will do –could be the key to your locker at the gym. Make sure it’s not your car key, though, as it might be awkward to have to ask for it back.

4) For your kid: Every parent has experienced this. You get your kid an expensive toy and they run right by it to play with the box. Encourage their creative spirit with an assortment of cardboard boxes, toilet paper tubes and other stuff that you have around the house. Pontificate about the importance of creative play, developing building and imagination skills. This will confuse the in-laws so they can’t be sure if you really believe all that stuff.

5) For your lush brother-in-law: always getting in trouble with the police. What a hoot when he opens your gift in front of the whole family to reveal a stack of “get out of jail free” cards, taken from a Monopoly game.

Merry Christmas, and good luck!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 16:23

Haha! I like those ideas Gypsy. Xmas Shopping 3318427985
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 19:32

Jan loves Banana's, sorted then.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 19:46

MICH wrote:All done now ready for the BIG day.Xmas Shopping 2133634253

What are you getting Stuart? I won't tell...promise. Xmas Shopping 294053457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 21:09