Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Jimandsi
betty swollocks
innit
7 posters

Taking your spending money

innit
    innit

Taking your spending money Empty Taking your spending money

Post by innit Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 18:49

How do you guys take you spending money cards,cheques or cash like Steve try and leave it in the back of the nearest cab. Having just looked at the Caxton FX card and it looks pretty good with a fair rate has anybody had or use one??
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

England Male Posts : 562

Taking your spending money Empty Re: Taking your spending money

Post by betty swollocks Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 18:58

Enough Euros for the first couple of days then credit card and hole in the wall for cash .Safer unless you loss your cards though they can replace them these days in 24hrs.
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 19:40

I just take a big wad of €uro's and a Halifax prepaid card as back up.

I can't be arsed with shopping around and being shafted.
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 19:46

Ive not used one of these cards but a few of my members have check out the discussion here , I did lose alot of money once when my safety deposit box got broken into so i take extreme precautions now check them out here . The travellers cheques for us were a nightmare and I never done it again but I do think credit /bank cards are a good idea.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 20:14

Wad of notes. Used to load up my credit card with excess money ( no charge that way when you withdraw at atm) but feckin atm swallowed my card the first night. That meant no money for holiday. Had to ring visa headquarters in the good ol US of A on my feckin mobile. They wired the excess money via Western Union except they left out the middle initial from my name and Western Union wouldn't give me the money. Had to go thro whole process all over again. Went back to apartment and me and missus got locked out on balcony leaving 15 month old baby in cot inside. Holiday from hell!!
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

Post by betty swollocks Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 20:16

3rdforum wrote:Wad of notes. Used to load up my credit card with excess money ( no charge that way when you withdraw at atm) but feckin atm swallowed my card the first night. That meant no money for holiday. Had to ring visa headquarters in the good ol US of A on my feckin mobile. They wired the excess money via Western Union except they left out the middle initial from my name and Western Union wouldn't give me the money. Had to go thro whole process all over again. Went back to apartment and me and missus got locked out on balcony leaving 15 month old baby in cot inside. Holiday from hell!!

Is your middle name "Lucky " ?
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 20:25

That wasn't all!! We originally turned up at airport to find flight had been changed and left 4 hours earlier. We were never notified. Had to spend a week in the pissing rain in Ireland and travel out the following weekend. We hired a car and had to leave a 250 euro deposit ( no cr card cos the atm ate it). Hire company tried to say I damaged the car. The car had been moved from where I left it in prefect condition. I said his valet guys must have done it ( happened to have taken a photo of missus leaning against car where damage was done, car was fine at time of photo). He said I could have taken photo any time. I threatened to bury the blokes head in the windscreen. He threatened to call policia. I refused to move from counter of car hire office and wouldn't let him do business with anyone else. Eventually got money back. 3 days before we left I got food poisoning. And to top it all, we hated the resort (Salou).
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

Post by betty swollocks Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 20:33

3rdforum wrote:That wasn't all!! We originally turned up at airport to find flight had been changed and left 4 hours earlier. We were never notified. Had to spend a week in the pissing rain in Ireland and travel out the following weekend. We hired a car and had to leave a 250 euro deposit ( no cr card cos the atm ate it). Hire company tried to say I damaged the car. The car had been moved from where I left it in prefect condition. I said his valet guys must have done it ( happened to have taken a photo of missus leaning against car where damage was done, car was fine at time of photo). He said I could have taken photo any time. I threatened to bury the blokes head in the windscreen. He threatened to call policia. I refused to move from counter of car hire office and wouldn't let him do business with anyone else. Eventually got money back. 3 days before we left I got food poisoning. And to top it all, we hated the resort (Salou).

At least it was memorable if nothing else Taking your spending money 3077217049
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 21:23

betty swollocks wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:Wad of notes. Used to load up my credit card with excess money ( no charge that way when you withdraw at atm) but feckin atm swallowed my card the first night. That meant no money for holiday. Had to ring visa headquarters in the good ol US of A on my feckin mobile. They wired the excess money via Western Union except they left out the middle initial from my name and Western Union wouldn't give me the money. Had to go thro whole process all over again. Went back to apartment and me and missus got locked out on balcony leaving 15 month old baby in cot inside. Holiday from hell!!

Is your middle name "Lucky " ?

Nah - Daft Bugger more like !
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 26 Dec 2011 - 22:06

I take cash, and bring as much home as possible..........
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 27 Dec 2011 - 2:37

Fair FX very good mate. I mostly take cash but the last 2 times I have been stopped at Gatwick asking why I am carrying so much. This time just short of 5km and we had us and 2 foster boys 17 and 18m I said coz I don't drink coke and eat in McDonalds, who's fecking money is it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 6:45