Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
Adam Mint
3rdforum
searcher
Mermaid
Campbell Brodie
9 posters

Live reporting from PS in Tenerife.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. Empty Live reporting from PS in Tenerife.

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 12:11

Its fecking hot! 32c outside 27c in apartment. 2 fans on. 38 people on Ryanair flight out, 8 of which were from Indian sub-continent. Jeez. Luckily plenty of space to avoid them. Was in Canon Adeje with Kev last night and other Brits. Kev put a blond wig on and a ladies hat to do the Mary thing. He makes a fine looking woman.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739

Campbell Brodie and Mermaid like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. Empty Re: Live reporting from PS in Tenerife.

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 11:11

There are new rules to combat covid. Masks should be worn at all times when out and about. Most have them on their chins or hanging off one ear so rule seems a bit lax. No smoking allowed when sitting at table outside bar. Enforced in Sundowners bar. Todays mission is to get ITV (mot) for car and its Freds birthday so might have a beer.......

Campbell Brodie likes this post

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. Empty Re: Live reporting from PS in Tenerife.

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 13:24

Perfectspecimen wrote:There are new rules to combat covid. Masks should be worn at all times when out and about. Most have them on their chins or hanging off one ear so rule seems a bit lax. No smoking allowed when sitting at table outside bar. Enforced in Sundowners bar. Todays mission is to get ITV (mot) for car and its Freds birthday so might have a beer.......

Happy birthday Fred! Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 4124051095
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 13:34

happy birthday Fred Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 1460810463 Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 4124051095
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 18:22

Perfectspecimen wrote:There are new rules to combat covid. Masks should be worn at all times when out and about. Most have them on their chins or hanging off one ear so rule seems a bit lax. No smoking allowed when sitting at table outside bar. Enforced in Sundowners bar. Todays mission is to get ITV (mot) for car and its Freds birthday so might have a beer.......

Tha only time I have seen law enforcement ln G.D.S. was one Saturday night when hundreds of fans were mobbing Irish Frank in the wild Geese  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 2761542443 nosey

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 19:01

Think that should say on the hundreds of Saturday nights when one fan was mobbing Irish Frank Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739

Campbell Brodie and searcher like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 15:47

Was in Emerald Bar at the square last night. A few punters in there but rest of the bars were either quiet or closed. Like a ghost town but didnt spot any tumbleweed.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739 Car failed ITV test. Rear anti roll bar rubbers I think. Anyway Kevs mechanic is gonna sort it tomorrow.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 15:50

Kev tells me he charges €20 per hour. Spot on!  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 294053457

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 18:55

Perfectspecimen wrote:Was in Emerald Bar at the square last night. A few punters in there but rest of the bars were either quiet or closed. Like a ghost town but didnt spot any tumbleweed.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739 Car failed ITV test. Rear anti roll bar rubbers I think. Anyway Kevs mechanic is gonna sort it tomorrow.
    Got an awful pint in there a few years back.
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Tue 25 Aug 2020 - 21:04

Not keen on San Blas only used to go for an Indian meal , but there is a better one near  Agua Marina golf
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 26 Aug 2020 - 8:39

Is that feckin' "Taboo" disco still down there. Me and a dozen mates were on a golf holiday and we went in there about 11pm one night in 2001, the place was empty! Just the DJ with his music blaring and his laser lights bouncing all over the place! Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739 Dancing
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Wed 26 Aug 2020 - 17:12

Think it is just a supermarket now Cam, it was always a white elephant

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 30 Aug 2020 - 11:00

It closed many years ago. Supermarket for drug taking young Brit workers it was. Not sure what it is now, probably just empty. Car now passed ITV. Cost 91€ so it must have been more than rubber bushes. The oppressive super hot temperatures have thankfully passed. Yesterday was much cooler and looking out the window I can see big fluffy clouds. 
    I found out what the lovely trees are I see out here. Norfolk Island Pine. There is one on site at Green Park. The seeds are in pods that drop in Autumn. Easy to grow apparently so Fred has instructions to collect some later in the year. I can see about 10 pods on it. Green at the moment look like tennis balls.

Mcqueen, Campbell Brodie, Mermaid and 3rdforum like this post

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 30 Aug 2020 - 23:30

A sirocco and a calima together!! Bloody ell!
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 7 Sep 2020 - 12:34

Returned to Stansted Saturday 3pm. First thing I did when I got home was put some socks on! Highest temperature seen in car was 42c! Think they are getting some more slow cooking temperatures later this week. Only about 50 peeps on Ryanair flight. I spent best part of an hour filling out Isolation Form and then printed it out. (3 Pages) The Spanish one takes about 10 minutes and you end up with just one page. This was collected at TFS and then you walk past 3 temperature monitors. What happened at Stansted? Absolutely nothing. No temperature checks and nobody collecting forms. Obviously they dont give a shit about Isolation of Imports so I shall take the same position.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3417148095 I have already been shopping.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739  Interestingly Jacks boss found out I had been to Tenerife and so Jack should be isolating too. However he is too valuable to stay at home so was told to not tell anybody else.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 2419626307

Mcqueen, Campbell Brodie and 3rdforum like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 11 Sep 2020 - 3:21

10 million tests a day says the Hancock. TWAT! How long do we have to put up with this Moron?

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 11:59

Cloudy in Tenerife this morning. Uneventful flight out on Saturday. 32 souls on board, plus two pilots and four trolley dollys. O'Leary must be pulling his hair out. Get some cash later and take a chance in Mercadona. We have a Community Meeting on Tuesday. A sensible 2pm start time and even better its on the terrace at Sundowners Bar.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3318427985

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 12:10

Does Freddie's parrot like you? Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739

searcher likes this post

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 29 Sep 2020 - 21:49

Wonder who taught them,,,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 30 Sep 2020 - 14:00

Eric now has a cage mate, Sophie. Eric is tame-ish but Sophie can draw blood! They seem to eat continuously, squark a lot but say nowt yet.

Campbell Brodie and Mermaid like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 30 Sep 2020 - 14:27

Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 20200911
    Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 20200910
    Patsy's photo artistry but you get the general idea...... Dos Parrots.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739

Campbell Brodie, Mermaid and 3rdforum like this post

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 0:50

Your photos triggers memory,,, when a kid my uncle had parrots, a cockatoo and cats, he's going on holiday so is palming off his pets on family members to look after, we end up with a parrot a bit bigger than those ones do in a big square cage that we position on the end of the kitchen worktop,,, as you say all parrot done all day was mainly squawk the words shut up, shut up, shut up, obviously the only thing my uncle said to it,,,, so as parrots squawking it's head off to add to mayhem our dogs up at the cage barking it's head off at parrot untill one day parrot takes a bite at dogs nose that was pushed up at cage...  So uncle comes back off of holiday, comes to collect parrot, asks my mum how was it, mum says fine (out of politeness), uncle says well if you got on well just keep it,,, I don't think my mother's reply is printable...

Campbell Brodie, Mermaid, Perfectspecimen and 3rdforum like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 6 Oct 2020 - 16:44

Came back to UK yesterday. Empty plane again. Nobody to check my temperature and QR code was not scanned again so basically they dont know if I am here or not.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 1498946960  Managed to bypass the 'maze' you have to pass through to show passport. Heavy breathing and walking slow worked a treat and young lady directed us through the VIP section.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 294053457 Kev told me he was phoned twice to check his whereabouts when he was over here so I await the phone call. Mind you his QR code was scanned at Gatwick. Broke the rules numerous times in last 24 hours. Went shopping on way back from airport, stopped for a piss in a layby, walked the dogs, my daughter has been round to see us and 2 people have knocked to buy products......... On the plus side I dutifully wore my mask on the plane unlike some others who had to be told by the pilot to have respect for your fellow passengers. Bloody youngsters.  Angry3

Campbell Brodie and 3rdforum like this post

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 16:19

22c in apartment and partially cloudy outside. 99 people on the plane. 2 empty seats next to me and 2 empty rows in front. You could have slipped on board Reg.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 3025408739 More to the point nobody checked my covid certificate when I got here. They just scanned the QR code on the other form. However it was checked by Jet2 staff before getting on plane but it would have been easy to swerve....... Wankers at security in Stansted relieved me of my sausages, bacon and meat pies. You cant have frozen stuff she said. Grrrr. Another new rule then.  Live reporting from PS in Tenerife. 1498946960
    angusjim
    angusjim

UK Male Posts : 877

Post by angusjim Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 16:37

PS so given I am losing the plot with what I exactly require to do for my proposed trip end of the month can you note in an easy to follow list  exactly what I require to do to get us there and back also does anyone one know given when we return we will no longer be in the EU if there is any additional things to be done, I am really hopeless when it comes to all this crap HELP !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 22:37