Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+11
CaribeCelt
3rdforum
Mischief Maker
Blyth Spirit
betty swollocks
Mermaid
Cruella de Vil
Perfectspecimen
Topdog
Campbell Brodie
Gypsy
15 posters

What book are you reading at the moment

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

What book are you reading at the moment Empty What book are you reading at the moment

Post by Gypsy Thu 29 Dec 2011 - 16:08

Not sure if we have any readers on the forum. I read every day, can´t go to sleep without dipping into a few pages of whatever the latest book happens to be.

Seeing the adverts for the new Daniel Craig / Rooney Mara film I found I had a copy of the book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the garage and thought I would give it a whirl. But presumed as it was a translation it could be a bit dry. I have been at it now for over 2 hours and it is brilliant. From page 1 it really grabs the reader and so far I would say that Daniel Craig looks right for the part of Micke Blomkvist.

I am now looking forward to seeing the film and wonder how it compares to the Swedish version that came out a couple of years ago.

Don´t think the forum will accept iMDb videos and the Youtube is not very good [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

What book are you reading at the moment Empty Re: What book are you reading at the moment

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 20:23

I'm using my Christmas Kindle to read the original Bram Stoker's "Dracula" just now. (It was on their "freebie" list and I wanted to see if it downloaded OK before I part with any cash!)
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

What book are you reading at the moment Empty Re: What book are you reading at the moment

Post by Topdog Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 20:30

Blood money then Cam
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 20:38

Topdog wrote:Blood money then Cam

Is that Chris Ryan Kev? I've read Bravo Two Zero.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 20:47

I meant buying Dracula books, silly. I read Slaughterhouse Five recently, Kurt Vonnegut. I was in a Hotel and sitting relaxing in the bar, which was empty and it was on the shelf. I started reading it and then stuck the dosh in the charity tin to take it away. Worth a read.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 20:58

OH has a kindle and he buys his books but we have had loads of people telling us to download for free using Bit torrent but being computer dummies we haven´t tried it. If you do and it works can you send me details of how to do it and which websites to use.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 21:02

Have a look here Gypsy
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 22:07

Thank you TD, I have saved the link and will look tomorrow. Going to carry on reading a proper book now, especially after watching New Tricks ..... all about books What book are you reading at the moment 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 22:26

I am watching Children of Men, Clive Owen, fabulous actor.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 30 Dec 2011 - 23:39

The Bible of course, nice stories..........
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 8:59

I'm reading "101 ways to avoid doing housework" What book are you reading at the moment 294053457
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 9:15

I am reading a free book at the moment on my kindle. I am going to look for some books and make a list of ones I want.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 9:38

Topdog wrote:I meant buying Dracula books, silly. I read Slaughterhouse Five recently, Kurt Vonnegut. I was in a Hotel and sitting relaxing in the bar, which was empty and it was on the shelf. I started reading it and then stuck the dosh in the charity tin to take it away. Worth a read.

Just read a summary of the book. World war II, time-travelling, alien kid-napping...might give it a go.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 11:21

The Lone Ranger wrote:

Just read a summary of the book. World war II, time-travelling, alien kid-napping...might give it a go.
    it ain't everyones cuppa and not what I would have bought but glad I did
    betty swollocks
    betty swollocks

England Male Posts : 562

Post by betty swollocks Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 11:23

Cruella de Vil wrote:I'm reading "101 ways to avoid doing housework" What book are you reading at the moment 294053457

Living the dream-Eh?
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 12:44

I read that Cru, got to Number One and took the advice, "go out"
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 15:20

What book are you reading at the moment 356640752
    In the past few years I've turned into a real book worm, every spare minute I read to the point I even take my lunch at work after everybody else so I've got the canteen to myself for 30 minutes of silent book reading.
    We often say we should get a rebate on our TV license as during the week its rarely on after 7.30pm as we are reading.

Mind despite having iBooks & Kindle app on my iPhone & iPad I'm a tradtionalist and have to have an acutal book in my hand, and being in the print trade I real should be against e-readers and supporting my trade.

Currently reading Graham Brown's 'Mayan Conspiracy', good novel.

Into crime thrillers, favourites are Simon Kernick, Andrew Gross, Peter James.
    Also read all the one man hero novels by Lee Childs, the Jack Reachers series, and also the Matt Hilton Joe Hunters series.

For stand alone thrillers would highly recommend Alex Scarrow all his books are superb reads if you like thrillers give them a try.

Have to say not into all these religious based novels, too many of them and too much hard work Da Vinici code did me in haven't read one since.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 15:44

Topdog wrote:I read that Cru, got to Number One and took the advice, "go out"

Ahh but number two said "move back to Africa" What book are you reading at the moment 871748619

What book are you reading at the moment Nelis-botha-12
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 15:50

Number 3 says Mr. Mughabe waiting for you.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 16:09

Number 4 says he can......

What book are you reading at the moment Gen074
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 16:12

Numero 5 says, no housework needed if youWhat book are you reading at the moment Get-yer-tits-out-for-the-lads_design
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 16:28

What book are you reading at the moment StCath
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 16:43

Cruella de Vil wrote:What book are you reading at the moment StCath

See the one on the left has the keys ready for the swinger's party!
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 31 Dec 2011 - 16:45

Blyth Spirit wrote:
    Currently reading Graham Brown's 'Mayan Conspiracy', good novel.

Into crime thrillers, favourites are Simon Kernick, Andrew Gross, Peter James.
    Also read all the one man hero novels by Lee Childs, the Jack Reachers series, and also the Matt Hilton Joe Hunters series.

For stand alone thrillers would highly recommend Alex Scarrow all his books are superb reads if you like thrillers give them a try.

Have to say not into all these religious based novels, too many of them and too much hard work Da Vinici code did me in haven't read one since.

Love Jack Reacher !! (admin will have guessed that already. Also Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben and anything by Robert Goddard or Nelson DeMille.
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 19:05

i have read and seen all three 'girl with the...' books and swedish films and have to say they are very gripping and particularly graphic in parts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 1:36