Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago Empty Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago

Post by 3rdforum Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:12

Has anyone any recommendations for restaurants in P. Santiago or within a 15/20 min drive. We have our favourites and would like to add a few more. I think s'one mentioned a place in Playa San Juan but I can't think of the name of it. Also, are there any nice ones in Masca?
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago Empty Re: Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago

Post by Gypsy Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:31

We will be at the Paloma Bar in Playa San Juan on Sunday evening, they do nice meals. My favourite there the Atlantic (used to be the Potato Place) has closed down.

Thursday nights are good in Franziskaner in Playa Arena we call it Frankenstein's and go every couple of weeks they are lovely Here.

My favourite in the whole area, Flor del Drago, I also like the Wine Bar at the Harbour Club. The Mariposa has I believe closed, not British enough for the area. But Oasis is OK. If you have a car and want to try a little Guachinche there is a tiny place by the church in Vere de Erques [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] called Juan Luis

Sorry gotta go now meeting Helen 10 mins ago. Any questions post and I will get back to you tomorrow.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago Empty Re: Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago

Post by 3rdforum Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 20:39

I know that Franziskaner place Gypsy. Never gave it much thought as I also thought it was German. Will definitely try it this summer. Where is the harbour club and the Oasis? I've probably been in them but am terrible with names. Thanks a mil for all the tips ( again).
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 0:17

Oasis is the pool at Los Gigantes so you also have the pool, bowls and tennis courts, kids play area and trampolines.

The Harbour Club again is Los Gigantes, as you come down the one way system it is the dark red building facing. The Wine Bar (part of the club) is off to the right and if you turn left you are at Tipsy Terrace (nowhere near as good as it used to be IMO). I have only ever had the Sunday Roast at the Winebar, 2 courses €12, 3 courses €15 but everything is home-made and I always try not to have their yummy puds, but never succeed so end up having them. The entertainment is good on a Sunday too. Jamie Rourke - sometimes Nik Paige and during the week they have SuzyQ. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 7 Jan 2012 - 11:30

Have been in the Oasis before with the kids. Seem to remember we prefered the typsy terrace though I can't remember why. We will be staying quite close to the Harbour Club so will give that a try. Will definitely try the "drago" place and the Paloma Bar in San Jaun. I had to google what a "gauchinche"is. Sounds right up my street. Many thanks for the help Gypsy!
    Mijsons123

UK Male Posts : 7

Post by Mijsons123 Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 7:15

Oasis is the great place to visit,I personally visit that place two months ago...
    Jude
    Jude

Scotland Female Posts : 10

Post by Jude Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 13:00

We like "Am Eck" austrian with slovenian wife (cook). Very friendly, very reasonable, good presentation and it tastes good. Try the schnitzel, tasted lovely and for the men it was big enough. It is in Puerto Santiago going towards Playa Area on the left a few doors before the entrance to the Hotel with the waterfall.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 13:24

By the hotel is that the Be Live Playa Arena and is this where the restaurant is?

Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago Captur29
    Jude
    Jude

Post by Jude Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 14:25

Your map is ok but it´s a bit further on towards Playa Arena. On the corner of the road up to Playa Arena Hotlel entrance, next door is a camera/foto shop and then that lovely dutch resstaurant, then the medical centre.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 14:39

It's here Gypsy, just before you go down the hill to Flor Del Drago.

[img]Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago Am_eck10[/img]
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 14:40

Gypsy wrote:By the hotel is that the Be Live Playa Arena and is this where the restaurant is?

Recommendations near or in Puerto Santiago Captur29

They are the apartments that I'm going to buy a place in when I win the lottery.
    Jude
    Jude

Post by Jude Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 14:58

That´s it "am Eck" german for on the corner, ha ha. Sorry I don´t know how to googlemap on the forum but you found it in the end. The dutch place 2 doors down is also very good.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Tue 23 Oct 2012 - 15:05

Thats just reminded me, there is a place called Casa Pepe's in the commercial centre in Playa Arena. It was here that we got the best meal of the holidays. I can't "Google Map" it cos it's on the bottom floor ( below street level). I got sirloin steak for @ 11 euro and it was excellent.
    Jude
    Jude

Post by Jude Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 9:57

It moved from opposite the Plaza where he had been for a few years. Always good but nothing special if you know what I mean!! Chef Pepe is always there when his Campervan is parked outside.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 22:30