Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+10
Adam Mint
Campbell Brodie
Perfectspecimen
Cruella de Vil
Mcqueen
Blyth Spirit
Topdog
3rdforum
cunningham
Gypsy
14 posters

Do you have a regional accent?

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Do you have a regional accent? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you have a regional accent?

Post by Topdog Tue 31 Jan 2012 - 20:07

and your sistersDo you have a regional accent? - Page 4 Tilted-kilt
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Do you have a regional accent? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you have a regional accent?

Post by Adam Mint Thu 16 Feb 2012 - 4:26

On holiday some years back our kids befriend a couple of kids from Glasgow, through their friendship we in turn befriend their parents and would occasionally have a drink with them while the kids played in the pool or in the evening while watching the hotel entertainment.

One evening there was a football match showing on the bars TV, standing at the bar watching the game in the company of a bunch of guys the conversation turned to the Glasgow couple, in particular the female, it would seem it was common knowledge she was a prostitute, I was taken aback by this and explained that she had told me she had a market stall selling kids clothing.

One of the guys in the company explained he and his wife had been in the couples company one evening and the female had openly told him she was a “street hooker”.

I explained the woman had used the same terminology when explaining her profession to me, and what she had actually said was “street hawker”, poor woman’s reputation tarnished...

I chose not to inform the lady of her reputation, but often wondered what others were thinking while in her company...

Do you have a regional accent? - Page 4 4057306778

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 7:32