Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12655
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Gypsy Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 15:33

    This old and amazing festivity attracts thousands of tourists, of particular interest is bathing the horses when they arrival at the beach. This will be followed by good local food, music and folk bands. Sunday 20th January at Playa de La Enramada (La Caleta)

    A bit closer to home this one.

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Ssadeje_g1
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21262
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : England

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Topdog Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 16:45

    Gypsy wrote:This old and amazing festivity attracts thousands of tourists, of particular interest is bathing the horses when they arrival at the beach. This will be followed by good local food, music and folk bands. Sunday 20th January at Playa de La Enramada (La Caleta)

    A bit closer to home this one.

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Ssadeje_g1
    Is it around now they have the Blessing of the animals in Los Silos, Gypsy.
    I went to that 2 years ago and it was fabulous.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie
     
     

    Scotland Male Posts : 59106
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 66
    Location : Scotland

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 16:51

    Drown the horses, Bathe the Goats, Bury the Sardines...some weird fiestas going down over there...



    Helpful Links.
          Tenerife living guide. | FAQ | Forum Help |
               

    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21262
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : England

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Topdog Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 16:56

    The Lone Ranger wrote:Drown the horses, Bathe the Goats, Bury the Sardines...some weird fiestas going down over there...
    Dining with Gypsy's.......
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen
     
     

    England Male Posts : 30546
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : England

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Mcqueen Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:10

    Thought it was Appleby fair at first Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy
     
     

    Spain Female Posts : 12655
    Join date : 2011-08-14

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Gypsy Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:22

    Topdog wrote:
    Is it around now they have the Blessing of the animals in Los Silos, Gypsy.
    I went to that 2 years ago and it was fabulous.

    January is the feast of San Antonio de Abad and there are fiestas all over the island. This is a great write up by my friend JACK who lives in the North. which is where you are talking about TD. And McQ you are not far wrong, it is like a gypsy fair at least in the north of the island. We are far more sophisticated here in the south and there is just a long procession after Mass then the animals are taken down to the sea whether they want a bath or not.
    Topdog
    Topdog
     
     

    England Male Posts : 21262
    Join date : 2011-08-13
    Age : 62
    Location : England

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Topdog Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:46

    Gypsy wrote:
    Topdog wrote:
    Is it around now they have the Blessing of the animals in Los Silos, Gypsy.
    I went to that 2 years ago and it was fabulous.

    January is the feast of San Antonio de Abad and there are fiestas all over the island. This is a great write up by my friend JACK who lives in the North. which is where you are talking about TD. And McQ you are not far wrong, it is like a gypsy fair at least in the north of the island. We are far more sophisticated here in the south and there is just a long procession after Mass then the animals are taken down to the sea whether they want a bath or not.
    Yes it is and the Big man of Tenerife was there when we went and he just said Hi to everyone. It was a fabulous experience and Paella flowed. There were Guinea Pigs to big fat porkers.

    Sponsored content

    Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje Empty Re: Romería of San Sebastián in Adeje

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 5 Aug 2021 - 16:28