Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

2 posters

Diabetes diet.

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Diabetes diet. Empty Diabetes diet.

Post by Topdog Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 11:18

Reg done a bit of looking things up for you. If you increase Protein and cut down carbs, you should lose weight and eventually need less insulin.
    Carbs produce sugars which make you need insulin to balance. Protein increases natural insulin balance and makes sugar less absorbant. Don't eat Banana's either, high carb.
    Just a thought but been looking at Jan's Harcombe book.
    If you need to know what food just ask.
    Have you considered getting a cross trainer at home, you can hire them rather than buy, again let me know if you need any contacts.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Diabetes diet. Empty Re: Diabetes diet.

Post by Mcqueen Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 11:39

Got a cross trainer, Does programes of runs, Up hill down dale, Hold the bar and it takes your pulse, And recovery rate, I'm not unfit, Can run up and down stairs, All that stuff, Its just the stone the nurse said i would put on that i dont like, I mean i'm no bloater, Just dont want a tum.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 11:48

If you control your insulin yourself by readings you should be able to adjust food intake.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 12:34

Set amount of insulin, I dont adjust it, Just need to eat the right things, 5 a day my ase the nurse said, Too much sugar in fruit, Grapes bananas are really bad, Pairs a bit dodgy, Apple are ok, Oranges maybe, So 5 a day of what, I have one telling me one thing, And another something else, I should be 6 stone with what i get by on, Diabetes diet. 16779677

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 2 May 2024 - 8:46