Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

BT to put £2 billion in to their pension fund.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

BT to put  £2 billion in to their pension fund. Empty BT to put £2 billion in to their pension fund.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 21:49

Yippee, looks like my pension may be safe after all...

BBC News
    Vera Lynn
    Vera Lynn

UK Female Posts : 170

BT to put  £2 billion in to their pension fund. Empty Re: BT to put £2 billion in to their pension fund.

Post by Vera Lynn Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 21:55

Well im not happy as i was 60 in january and everyone tells me im a pensioner!! My argument is im not a pensioner until i get a pension and because im too young i dont qualify until im 61 and 9 months.... this is poo as far as im concerned and the bloody goverment are doing me out of nearly 13 thousand pounds.. Im not happy i can tell you...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

BT to put  £2 billion in to their pension fund. Empty Re: BT to put £2 billion in to their pension fund.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:01

I don't get my state pension until I'm 66! Equal rights for women indeed!
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:01

The Lone Ranger wrote:Yippee, looks like my pension may be safe after all...

BBC News
    When BT ring up begging me to go back, I just hang up, Never understood Urdu anyway,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:09

Mcqueen wrote:
    The Lone Ranger wrote:Yippee, looks like my pension may be safe after all...

BBC News
    When BT ring up begging me to go back, I just hang up, Never understood Urdu anyway,

I can't fault them, I get BT Infinity for free! And I get to drive round some of the most beautiful country in Britain in my wee van..
    BT to put  £2 billion in to their pension fund. 2Q== BT to put  £2 billion in to their pension fund. 294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:17

I don't do BT. I can't officially retire until 67, got 2 and a half years until I can claim my company pension at 55, spent me Navy one, my pension is the property, letting it out in a years time.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:17

Is your flashing beacon led or bulb ?, I had a led light bar on my last van, If i had been towing somebody they went into a trance with the flashing, I thought everbody was pissed that broke down BT to put  £2 billion in to their pension fund. 2419626307 , I get a firm in now, Them days are over, Twats that your towing trying to overtake you to tell you which way to go, Crazy, Smoke the brakes that much they boiled them, then run into the back of you, Nah, Got the t shirt,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:31

I could take my pension just now, but you lose a lot of the lump sum plus so much percent for each year before actual retirement date. I don't know what to do, so I'm leaving it 'til it matures. At least I know I'll get the maximum then. They stopped our "Final Salary" scheme 3 and 1/2 years ago and replaced it with a "Career average related earnings" scheme. I've got 31 years in the final salary scheme and that is protected but you have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to work out what you get under the "CARE" scheme. Our old final salary scheme was based on an 1/80 of final salary x years worked, so if you worked for 40 years you would get a pension of half your final salary per year.
    June, this year will mark my 35th year with GPO/BT and I hope to be with them 'til I am 65, another 8 years, which will mean I will have been with them for 43 years.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 23 Mar 2012 - 22:39

Well my mate geof who is exactly to the day one year older than me, Has worked for the NHS for 36 years, Got made redundent a few weeks ago, He earned £36k, He got £32k lump some, And £400 a month pension, Cant manage on that, So he has landed a job on £20k, so he has to work untill he's 65, Before he can bail out, He thinks he's lucky to get a job at his age, What that all about, He doe's try to tell me, But i tell him to shut up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 12:47