Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+11
knitwit
Perfectspecimen
cunningham
Vera Lynn
CaribeCelt
Mermaid
Adam Mint
Jimandsi
Campbell Brodie
innit
Gypsy
15 posters

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Empty Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:30

Just had a phone call from my daughter asking which horses we wanted to bet on - Had forgotten it was the National tomorrow so let's have a bit of fun.

Ok, No money involved just the prestigious prize of choosing the winner. Maybe LR can stick our choice on a spreadsheet.

Synchronised We held our collective breaths as AP McCoy took Synchronised to first place in the Cheltenham Gold Cup… Now can he do a famous double that hasn’t been won since the days of the legendary Golden Miller way back in 1934. Odds: 9/1

Junior Promoted to favourite following a very narrow defeat in the williamhill.com Grimthorpe Chase at Doncaster. Trainer Donald McCain claims Junior was not meant to win this race, which was just a warm up for the big Aintree occasion.Odds:10/1

West End Rocker A rarely seen creature these days (what with the credit crunch and all that) with many claiming the horse won’t run. The word on the stalls is that if Alan King does decide to run West End Rocker, he could well be rolling into the top places.Odds: 12/1

Cappa Bleu Trainer Evan Williams has been very vocal about his belief that 2012 could be the year for ten year old who’s already picked up a win at Haydock and came third in the Aintree acid test that is the Welsh National.Odds:12/1

Ballabriggs Will history repeat itself as Ginger’s son Donald tries to emulate his dad’s famous back to back wins with Red Rum? Ballabriggs is the current champion racehorse of the track and is attempting to repeat his 2011 success.Odds:14/1

Chicago Grey We haven’t seen a grey win the Grand National for some time… Surely that’s all about to change, well it is if you listen to owner Gordon Elliot – and he should know, after all he won the race as a jockey…Odds:14/1

Killyglen Has some good Grand National form – the ten year old was seen to be running well in the final stages of last year’s race until he fell a few from the last. A good outside bet…?Odds:14/1

Sunnyhillboy No, nothing to do with the famous ITV series ‘The Bill’ – Sunny Hill Boy has been marked for success for some time. Could 2012 be the year when he finally fulfils his potential? A good win in the Kim Muir at Cheltenham could be an earlier indicator…Odds:16/1

On His Own Young, strong, impetuous – No, we’re not talking about the boss’s wife, we’re talking about the exciting 8 year old On His Own who’s already impressed many pundits with his brilliant win in the Thyestes Chase in Ireland.Odds:16/1

Arbor Supreme This JP McManus owned horse hasn’t faired so well in the last two years following a good season in 2008. Whilst this horse has exhibited some strong finishes this season there are doubts about it having what it takes to go the distance.Odds:18/1

Seabass Looks like Ruby Walsh might be on the back of this one as opposed to his younger sister. Said to be getting better all the time as the race approaches… A definite contender.Odds:16/1

Becauseicouldntsee Charmingly named nine year old hasn’t had much success in recent times, with no finishes of notes outside of a third place in the Cheltenham Festival two years ago.Odds:18/1

Organisedconfusion One for the girls? Nina Carberry’s chosen steed for the day could be carrying her to an epic win for the so called fairer sex if previous form is anything to go by – this was the 2011 winner of the Irish National.Odds:20/1

Shakalakaboomboom You’d be forgiven for thinking this might be a horse owned by Ali G… Well we’re almost as in the dark as you are about this young runner trained by Nicky Henderson.Odds:20/1

Treacle We’ve not seen much from this sweet runner this year due to injuries. Some claim he is coming back into form, but we’re doubtful as to whether or not Treacle has had the runs this year to put in the practice.Odds:20/1

Calgary Bay Not much to say about this 9 year old who gave us an average performance before stumbling over a fence in last year’s National… Has Calgary Bay improved? Well the word in the stables is expect a much better performance in 2012.Odds:25/1

Neptune Collonges Even the linguistic experts on our writing team have no idea what this runner’s name is supposed to mean… But one thing we’re sure of is that Neptune Collonges is a good, powerful jumper, which may put him in with a chance of a good finish in the National.Odds:25/1

Giles Cross We’ve got nothing bad to say about Giles Cross other than we’re a little surprised that this contender isn’t more strongly favoured considering his National pedigree extends to two runners up places in the Welsh National.Odds:25/1

Rare Bob Well, rare usually means in scarce supply and it’s wins that have been rare for Rare Bob. Do we think there’s any chance of the frequency picking up when it comes to the 2012 Grand National… Well it’s unlikely but possible…Odds:25/1

Planet of Sound Even though this ten year old has a name that reminds most people of a 1990s dance event, its put in a good showing in 2012 already, finishing runner up in the highly prestigious Hennessey Chase.Odds:28/1

The Midnight Club Our favourite pick in 2011 let us and everyone else down. Are our fingers burned on the oil of the Midnight Club? Well, it’s unlikely to have Ruby Walsh on its back in 2012, so we’re saying it’s unlikely to place, but then again, you know it’s got the legs for the finish.Odds:33/1

Burton Port Difficult to say anything about the form of this runner as he spent most of 2011 injured. Tipsters claim that he’s coming back into it, but we’re looking elsewhere when it comes to placing our money.Odds:33/1

Black Apalachi Another Grand National regular… Put in a very respectable running in 2010 when it finished third overall in the big race. We know Black Apalachi’s got the legs, but has it got the desire to go all the way on its fourth try in 2012?Odds:33/1

Alfa Beat Has won twice this year in Ireland. Many pundits are claiming that Alfa Beat is being specially prepared to have a shot at the National. If this is true then we’re of the opinion that it could be a very good small speculative bet.Odds:40/1

Mon Mome If you haven’t heard of Mon Mome then you’re probably not a fan of the Grand National. Set the world alight back in 2010 when it stole the win at the famous Aintree course from the back of the field, making the bookmakers a happy bunch at 100-1.Odds: 40/1

Le Beau Bai This nine year old is another in the field who’s shown some good form in recent times, winning the Welsh National, but the form book says Le Beau Bai will need to see some very soft running if we’re to see the best out of it.Odds:40/1

State of Play If you’re any kind of Grand National fan then you’ll know that State of Play is a bit of a legend in the game – three top place finishes in the past, but has it got the youth, strength and determination to grab that elusive top podium place?Odds:50/1

Midnight Chase A runner that’s always been just bubbling under the red hot heat of success, scoring several wins in minor races. Went up against (and lost to) Synchronised in the Cheltenham Gold Cup… Can Midnight Chase get some revenge at Aintree?Odds:50/1

Quiscover Fontaine This is a young chaser that’s still unproven in competition. Do we think it’s got the legs to really leave the field behind in the 2012 Grand National… It’s unlikely, but the experts claim this horse is improving all the time.Odds:50/1

Weird Al “Look at me I’m white and nerdy” said the real Weird Al in his famous re-jigging of the Chamillionaire hit record, however there’s nothing weak and feeble about racehorse who won the 2011 Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby.Odds:50/1

The Package We’ve been here before with The Package, who many claimed would be a good contender for a place back in 2010. Now, two years later with the pressure off, could this now be its time to perform?Odds:50/1

Vic Venturi No not the star of such films as “Predator” but rather a pacey runner who’s failed to finish the Aintree course on its last two Grand National outings. However, could be an outside gamble as many in the know are claiming it could be dangerous if it puts in a clear run.Odds:50/1

Apt Approach We really don’t have much to say about Apt Approach. For the first time in this listing we feel compelled to choose the words ‘a dark horse enters the race’. If you roll the bones of fate and they say put your money on this runner, then dance with the moon, otherwise you might find your hard earned better placed elsewhere in the field.Odds:50/1

Deep Purple There has been much discussion amongst those in the know about whether or not Deep Purple will have the legs for the 2012 Grand National. Apparently he’s won a big race over 3 and a half miles silencing his doubters… The question is however, just how good will his finish be on the day?Odds: 66/1

Swing Bill Many are saying we’ve already seen the best from Swing Bill, who’s put in some good showings in the past, but has never done well in races approaching the distance of the Aintree circuit.Odds:80/1

Hello Bud Perennial Grand National favourite, although not so loved by the money in 2012 – a good solid runner who’s finished fifth in the National way back in 2010 and has also won the Becher’s Chase, which is run round the same Aintree course as the big race.Odds:80/1

Tatenen Young runner that really doesn’t look up to the task of the Grand National – still unproven at lesser distances so it’s doubtful if Tatenen will even finish.Odds:100/1

Viking Blond This seven year old has had a decent season but many are doubtful if he has the experience needed to step up and put in a good performance in the Grand National.Odds:100/1

In Compliance Could In Compliance be an upsetter? Only if you’re crazy enough to bet on the lowest listed runner in the Grand National… Tasted a little success in a Grade One race last year, will this little trickle of victory give it enough stomach for a National Win… Well, what do you think?Odds:150/1

I would like ORGANISED CONFUSION and I think I will choose for Reg, BECAUSEICOULDNTSEE which I think are both very apt.
    innit
    innit

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Empty Re: Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake

Post by innit Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:37

ON HIS OWN for me please as the oh has just gone out.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Empty Re: Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:40

I actually looked at putting a sweepstake (no money involved) on yesterday, but realised we wouldn't be able to fill the sheet of 40 runners. We'll have no chance of doing it by tomorrow I'm afraid Gypsy. Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 3913804730 But I'll give it a go... Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 4226408756 Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 4226408756 Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 4226408756

Pick your horses, in fact pick 2 each (it's the only way we'll fill it!)

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu147

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:00; edited 1 time in total
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:44

I've already put 10 bob on Chicago Grey for Cam so I'll stick with that please.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:48

Midnight Chaser...

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 2084528412

May bring the lurkers, sorry brothers out, any spaces an hour pre the off, free for all, grab them....
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:56

my pick would be Shakalakaboomboom
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 20:59

The Lone Ranger wrote:I actually looked at putting a sweepstake (no money involved) on yesterday, but realised we wouldn't be able to fill the sheet of 40 runners. We'll have no chance of doing it by tomorrow I'm afraid Gypsy. Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 3913804730

Aw, well let's just see how we go and if anybody actually picks the winner, we may just need to choose a 2nd or 3rd horse tomorrow.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:00

Jimandsi wrote:
    I've already put 10 bob on Chicago Grey for Cam so I'll stick with that please.

I've told my daughter to put my money on this one, I always choose a grey if there is one running.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:07

Right, we need 2 runners each guys. Here's the latest...

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu148
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:10

No2, Midnight Club...

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 2472758156
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:12

Latest...

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu150

CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:15

I'll go for Treacle...have him done in the bookies as well.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:15

Think TD would probably go for Always Right, and PS should no doubt have Vic Venturi

I will go for West end Rocker for my No 2

We have already picked TD's. We will pick another for PS
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:20

Giles cross for my No.2
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:25

Update...

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu151
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:28

Are the gov'ners online telling you their choice??
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:30

Put me down for SEABASS I like a bit of fish now and then.

Is ALWAYS RIGHT still running just the one for a estate agent.

Last edited by innit on Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:34; edited 1 time in total
    Vera Lynn
    Vera Lynn

UK Female Posts : 170

Post by Vera Lynn Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:33

this is the third time ive tried to put this on i dont know whats wrong.... anyway i want swing bill and viking blonde
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:38

Can you stick Pablo1 down for JUNIOR please.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:42

Gypsy wrote:Are the gov'ners online telling you their choice??

Nah, they texted Mermaid earlier on but they don't know about this...latest

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu152

Jimbo, we need another one from you mate...
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:49

weird al always right.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:53

Updated Howard... Where's Dermo? He better hurry or there'll be feck-all left! Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 3025408739

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu153
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 21:59

put cru down for according to pete. and tharawhaatGrand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake 294053457
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 22:00

Oh yes that's a good un 'According to Pete' she would definitely have gone for that
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 22:05

Good one Howard...

Grand National 2012 Runners - sweepstake Captu154

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 2:41