Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+15
CaribeCelt
Blyth Spirit
betty swollocks
Adam Mint
innit
Mermaid
Perfectspecimen
cunningham
Mcqueen
3rdforum
Shakira
Campbell Brodie
Gypsy
Cruella de Vil
Topdog
19 posters

Where am I talking about in Tenerife...

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Empty Where am I talking about in Tenerife...

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:55

Exactly what it says,
    Start with a description and give clues if no one gets it.
    There are 2 of these (that I know of).
    One is in Adeje, the other is on the under prom in Fanabe/Del Duque area.
    It has a nickname and I am looking for both.

Easy one to start, if you get it right your turn and it can be anywhere in Tenerife and anything, as long as it is feasible that members will know it.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Empty Re: Where am I talking about in Tenerife...

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 19:05

Nobheads perhaps? Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2419626307
    Topdog
    Topdog

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Empty Re: Where am I talking about in Tenerife...

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 19:17

Cruella de Vil wrote:Nobheads perhaps? Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2419626307
    No stupid woman PIKE. :Big Smile:
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 21:13

Is that Adeje town or Costa Adeje - I am thinking about these photo in Adeje

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2570874629_6a6313b540
    Click for Google Map Canon by Faro Chill but I don´t know any nickname for either.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 21:36

Gypsy wrote:Is that Adeje town or Costa Adeje - I am thinking about these photo in Adeje

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2570874629_6a6313b540
    Click for Google Map Canon by Faro Chill but I don´t know any nickname for either.
    Nope, the one in Fanabe/del Duque area is run by the son of the Adeje one.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:07

Is it the Chicken place, Othelo at the entrance to the Barranco del Infierno and the one in Fañabe.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:20

Gypsy wrote:Is it the Chicken place, Othelo at the entrance to the Barranco del Infierno and the one in Fañabe.

Pretty similar to a cannon a chicken place...you're grasping at straws here Gypsy aren't you? Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 3025408739

I least you're having a guess, I don't have a clue!
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:25

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 3012860646 Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 4251995413
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:26

Otelo's 1 and 2 yes also know as the Chicken Shack. Brilliant chicken and the spuds are top nosh.
    Well Done, your Shout.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:28

Topdog wrote:Otelo's 1 and 2 yes also know as the Chicken Shack. Brilliant chicken and the spuds are top nosh.
    Well Done, your Shout.

Yes! yes yes!

My turn... This is easy

On the way into a town in the North of the island, the road passes a fountain on which there is a statue of a woman who surveys the valley below. She can also be found in the South of the island where she offers plenty of accommodation to tourists – who and what is she?.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:41

Gypsy wrote:

Yes! yes yes!

My turn... This is easy

On the way into a town in the North of the island, the road passes a fountain on which there is a statue of a woman who surveys the valley below. She can also be found in the South of the island where she offers plenty of accommodation to tourists – who and what is she?.
    Is it at La Oratava and Guache and also perhaps this place and this is she Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Princesadacilbestresised
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:43

Topdog wrote:
    Is it at La Oratava and Guache and also perhaps this place and this is she Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Princesadacilbestresised

Oh, well done TD! And you Gypsy! Two well travelled clever-clogs. Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 3318427985
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:48

Yes that's her Princesa Dácil was the daughter of Guanche mencey Bencomo, King of Taoro - who was a bitter enemy of the Spanish invaders. However, all is fair in love and war and the princess fell in love and married one of the conquistadors, Captain Fernán García del Castillo.

He built her this place in Los Cris lol!

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqsposqW1pWTAxgMqKqxg0nMlc3sdKgI6pJW5PxUAtZIIHwot3
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:52

I guessed a bit and checked it out. Remember Princess Dacil was someone special and I love La Oratava and know the fountain and Statue, so checked it out.

Next one is a picture one.Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 220px-Abadesweb
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 22:53

Gypsy wrote:Yes that's her Princesa Dácil was the daughter of Guanche mencey Bencomo, King of Taoro - who was a bitter enemy of the Spanish invaders. However, all is fair in love and war and the princess fell in love and married one of the conquistadors, Captain Fernán García del Castillo.

He built her this place in Los Cris lol!

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqsposqW1pWTAxgMqKqxg0nMlc3sdKgI6pJW5PxUAtZIIHwot3

What a lovely story. I've stayed there 3 times over the years. Getting a bit worn now though, built in 1974/75 Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 294053457
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 13:32

Topdog wrote:.

Next one is a picture one.Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 220px-Abadesweb

That picci is a bit small, have you got a bigger one Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2419626307
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 14:45

Gypsy wrote:
    Topdog wrote:.

That picci is a bit small, have you got a bigger one Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2419626307

Think "Leper"...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 15:05

You mean it was taken from up here.

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 5568160315_2c91e0cac0

In that case it is Abadas
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 22:25

Queenie wrote:You mean it was taken from up here.

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 5568160315_2c91e0cac0

In that case it is Abadas
    Yep, the lovely beach by it.
    Well Done.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 23:16

I spy through my little eye the sea and if I am lucky a ship. I hide from the wind in a shady corner Where am I?.

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 310 Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 410
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 6:37

If it is shady it must be one of Reg's car lots :Crazy:
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:28

Topdog wrote:

This thread seems to have died ..... but reverting back to an earlier question here is a nice article about the GuancheS including TS's picture.

DISCOVERING THE GUANCHES
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:47

Queenie wrote:I spy through my little eye the sea and if I am lucky a ship. I hide from the wind in a shady corner Where am I?.

Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 310 Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 410

If it's a shady place out of the wind then I would guess at El Medano. Is that the corner of Montaña Roja in the first piccy?
    Shakira
    Shakira

Male Posts : 8

Post by Shakira Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 21:10

Looks like a grizzly bear to me - or have I got Jungle Book on the brain?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 21:23

Shakira wrote:Looks like a grizzly bear to me - or have I got Jungle Book on the brain?

Haha! I thought it looked like a face as well! Where am I talking about in Tenerife... 2908439648

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 17:20