Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
3rdforum
Campbell Brodie
Mcqueen
7 posters

Mary's mystery illness

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Mary's mystery illness Empty Mary's mystery illness

Post by Mcqueen Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:01

Latest news on Mary, Mary's mystery illness 1360271561 No answer, he must be asleep Mary's mystery illness 4047409108, Bet he got some bug off the plane,
    i have a sore throat and a headache, Jet 2 the bassa's, some git behind me was barking all the way home, I'l update when he reply's,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Mary's mystery illness Empty Re: Mary's mystery illness

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:18

I gave you a new avatar 'cos your ciggie had gone out...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:18

Betcha he has whooping cough. I had it for 3 months.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:21

The Lone Ranger wrote:I gave you a new avatar 'cos your ciggie had gone out...
    Spotted that Cam thank you, could i have an English flag instead of that thing that covers all sorts of free loaders please,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:22

Mcqueen wrote:
    The Lone Ranger wrote:I gave you a new avatar 'cos your ciggie had gone out...
    Spotted that Cam thank you, could i have an English flag instead of that thing that covers all sorts of free loaders please,

Done. Mary's mystery illness 4226408756 Click on "Profile" on the Navbar, then "Information", it's all in those buttons.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 6 Jan 2013 - 22:44

Think Mary had fluid on the lungs. I try to swallow my beer but hey, you know what these sailors are like. Mary's mystery illness 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 18:49

No answer from Mary yet Mary's mystery illness 878948377Not like him to be quiet, Mary's mystery illness 3275847336Glad he dosent owe me anything,
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 20:00

Now i'm getting worried, still nothing on Mary, cant sleep this long surley, Mary's mystery illness 3275847336
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 20:30

Let us know if you hear from him.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 7 Jan 2013 - 22:07

Mary's a bit better, but really tired, i told him to rest and let everybody run round for him for a change, Mary's mystery illness 1483819851
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 22:54

Mary's home, he aint too bad he said, but this cold damp country wont be as nice as Tenerife i'm sure,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 0:03

I had a chest infection when I came back last time and went out with a bad chest infection. I got some meds when first out and started to feel a little better. On the day we all met I was a little better. I took a turn for the worst that afternoon and in the night became very sick.
    I did not sleep all night just could not switch off. My heart was pounding I was sweating bad and I had severe chest and heart pains. By morning I was struggling to breathe and I was very grey in colour. They took me to med centre who dealt with me fast. I had a large injection which she put a lot ot stuff in. I then went on a nebuliser with moreshite. I left there with pencillin and another drug to take. Didn't eat properly for days. Stu and Clare scared when they saw me as I looked like a ghost. We thought I had a blood clot and still not sure, bum Defoe had fluid on lungs. I have been so tired since and if I do anything i am out of breath, altogether be scary
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 9:04

Get to an English doc quick Kev. I'm not saying he's better than the Spanish Doc, but at least you'll understand what he's going on about a bit better.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 9:24

She knew her onions Cam and fluent English. Much better than the fobbing off you get here. I would have got some antibiottics and a waiting list to stay on.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 9:38

Yeah, I must admit when Trish went to that clinic for her leg condition they were excellent. Mary's mystery illness 294053457It said you may need an interpreter when you visit, but most of them there spoke pretty good English.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 9:43

That is scary Kev. I would definitely see someone now you are back. Take care. Mary's mystery illness 4248600970
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 10:08

They didn't like the krauts, they were in there for a headache, one couldn't sleep and wanted pills, if genuine they are brilliant
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 10:34

There has been a massive outbreak of respiratory illness in the UK and Ireland since last summer Kev. I had a chest infection for 3 & 1/2 months. Even now, my sinuses are still "funny". I had 4 doses of antibiotics and when they didn't work, my doctor told me I might have Asthma. I didn't go back to him after that and just took things easy and took plenty of fluids. Went to a different doctor eventually who said it may have been whooping cough ( you don't necessarily get the crazy cough ) or simply a new virus. He said there has been a threefold increase with people complaining of chest infections particularly here and the UK and not so much in Europe. The scientists are thinking it may have something to do with the wet summer we got. Get yourself sorted and put the feet up for a week.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 10:58

This is a wee bit more than a cough D, but I think chest infection didn't help. I am still not sure on blood clot I will keep on asprin till doc's but pain in my leg was bad. When I was at my worst I didn't just have breathing problems, Jan was scared stupid and she is an ex nurse.
    I will say to anyone the health care in Tenerife is superb don't hesitate and carry an eh1c card at all times.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 11:19

Must be carefull if you get trouble after a flight, them clots kill, Guy we knew had one and he wouldnt stay in hospital, got back to Graciosa 11 and decided to hose the patio down, bang, goodnight nurse, Mary's mystery illness 1498946960
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 11:26

yeah will get it checked Monday Reg.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 13:58

hope you get sorted quickly Kev, it was awful seeing you not being your chirpy self, quite worrying as so out of character. But that was the day you really went from bad to worse.

Topdog wrote:She knew her onions Cam and fluent English. Much better than the fobbing off you get here. I would have got some antibiottics and a waiting list to stay on.

Topdog wrote:This is a wee bit more than a cough D, but I think chest infection didn't help. I am still not sure on blood clot I will keep on asprin till doc's but pain in my leg was bad. When I was at my worst I didn't just have breathing problems, Jan was scared stupid and she is an ex nurse.
    I will say to anyone the health care in Tenerife is superb don't hesitate and carry an eh1c card at all times.

on the positive side, it is also great to hear how good our medical services are when you need them, that was one of the things I looked at when we were considering moving here - none of us are getting younger so it is important. Tenerife came out far better than any of the other island and IMO better than the UK as I have had some terrible treatment there in the past (so bad I'm just grateful to still be here) and although the GP was in UK THEY didn´t speak very good English!!!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Jan 2013 - 15:09

Thanks M. yes that was the day and it happened so quickly too, but equally as quick are the services. When I was waiting to see the doctor, the nurse checked my blood pressure and temperature every few mins. The doctor was so good and spent 30 mins examining me and doing tests. All the time I was on the Neb, the nurse was monitoring me and after I was released she told me to sit in the cafe outside and drink water, but came and checked on me, now that is service.
    I went to see a doctor back here with Jan's Dad who actually did not speak English apart from a few basic words, he used the nurse, from same country to translate.
    All said and done they got me well enough to continue life, they also got me back eating as apart from the lunch I had with you I had eaten very little since arriving.
    You can go there if from UK and you are low on your own medication, just take your meds and they will give you a repeat prescription, with your passport and eh1c card.
    My whole treatment, including all the meds in the injection, the meds in the nebuliser, 7 days penecillin and 10 days of another drug, was 5 euro.
    Golden rule, always carry an in-date EH1C card.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 29 Jan 2013 - 20:33

Should have had check up today phoned for appointment as told, receptionist said phone back tomorrow. Said doctor said I only have five days to live so hope you get me one by Friday. She said what makes you think you only have five days, I said see him five days ago and he said I would be on tablets for the rest of my life and gave me ten days of tablets.
    Will phone tomorrow be same though, no appts.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 29 Jan 2013 - 21:29

Just turn up at the end of Surgery hours Kev. Tell em you will take the place of the 10 muppets who never turn up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024 - 16:51