Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

2 posters

Mobility Scooter Danger

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Mobility Scooter Danger Empty Mobility Scooter Danger

Post by Adam Mint Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 13:21

Mobility Scooter Danger
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21551894

Well a friend of mine got her own back a few weeks ago, driving her car the traffic came to a stop, she was at a junction and decided to avoid the congestion she would turn right at the junction as opposed to going straight on as she had intended, to do this maneuver she needed to reverse her car back slightly, checking her mirrors she selected reverse gear and started to move backwards, “Thump”, she hits her brakes, looking in her interior rear view mirror she sees what looks like an angry dwarf, she gets out her car and goes to the rear to see what has happened, it’s not an angry dwarf, it’s an angry old git hanging on precariously to his mobility scooter which is at an angle of 45 degrees, seeing this she immediately jumps in her car and pulls forward allowing the scooter to reposition itself on the ground, she then exits the car again and it would seem no damage was sustained to persons or property, but unfortunately two cops had appeared on the scene, so details of each party were taken etc...
    A couple of nights later we were in the local, one of my mates, Mike, who she had not previously met came in, I introduced them, Mike is a criminal solicitor, I jokingly said Ann might be needing your professional advice and relayed the above story to him, she butted in, “well what I didn’t tell you was, he was on a pedestrian crossing at the time and the green man was on”, me and Mike hysterics... She then continued to reveal another part of the story, when she initially got out the car to investigate what had happened, she was greeted by the gentleman in question in a deep Irish accent “You donkeys prick”, now Ann is not the type to be messed with, but says she decided in this instance to let it go...
    She reported the incident to her insurance but to date it would seem no claim is being perused...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Mobility Scooter Danger Empty Re: Mobility Scooter Danger

Post by 3rdforum Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 13:46

Adam Mint wrote:Mobility Scooter Danger
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21551894

Well a friend of mine got her own back a few weeks ago, driving her car the traffic came to a stop, she was at a junction and decided to avoid the congestion she would turn right at the junction as opposed to going straight on as she had intended, to do this maneuver she needed to reverse her car back slightly, checking her mirrors she selected reverse gear and started to move backwards, “Thump”, she hits her brakes, looking in her interior rear view mirror she see what looks like an angry dwarf, she gets out her car and goes to the rear to see what has happened, it’s not an angry dwarf, it’s an angry old git hanging on precariously to his mobility scooter which is at an angle of 45 degrees, seeing this she immediately jumps in her car and pulls forward allowing the scooter to reposition itself on the ground, she then exits the car again and it would seem no damage was sustained to persons or property, but unfortunately two cops had appeared on the scene, so details of each party were taken etc...
    A couple of nights later we were in the local, one of my mates, Mike, who she had not previously met came in, I introduced them, Mike is a criminal solicitor, I jokingly said Ann might be needing your professional advice and relayed the above story to him, she butted in, “well what I didn’t tell you was, he was on a pedestrian crossing at the time and the green man was on”, me and Mike hysterics... She then continued to reveal another part of the story, when she initially got out the car to investigate what had happened, she was greeted by the gentleman in question in a deep Irish accent “You donkeys prick”, now Ann is not the type to be messed with, but says she decided in this instance to let it go...
    She reported the incident to her insurance but to date it would seem no claim is being perused...

Surely an insurance company would have to peruse a claim in order to determine responsibility and thereby costs?? Mobility Scooter Danger 3275847336 Mobility Scooter Danger 3275847336
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 14:02

As said no one was hurt and there was no damage, think if cops had not been on the scene both parties would have gone about their business, she only reported the incident to her insurance company to keep herself in the right should the other party pursue a claim for personal injury such as post traumatic stress disorder...
    Don’t think it would be in her insurance company interest to promote such a claim if the other party involved is not pursuing such, now whether they are legally obliged to I don’t know...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 5:43