Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Adam Mint
Gypsy
6 posters

New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced Empty New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 17:19

HERE  It goes from Southend and flights including tax are from £33.49
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced Empty Re: New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced

Post by Adam Mint Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 17:37

Friend wanted to see Montenegro (don't know why) she picked up cheap fights from one of the London airports, can't remember which, her outbound flight time clashed with working day peak travel times for her train trip down from Manchester, her return flight wasn't so bad, rail ticket prices £250 odd pounds, plan B, travel down the night before off peak, night in the Airport Hilton, off peak return, £170 all in, still not cheap, but at least she was there for her morning flight and not having the worry of her trains being on time...

Sometimes it can be as cheap flying from your local airport when all costs are factored in...

You heard it here first...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced Empty Re: New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced

Post by Mcqueen Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 17:42

Agree, We tried Manchester and that was a day out, New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced 1498946960  We can leave our house 30 mins before boarding and its a breeze, No luggage to faff with, walk in, get on, then it go's tits up,
    Leaves on the runway etc, New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced 16779677 
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 18:22

Agree with the logic above, but someone, must live near Southend
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 18:33

Is there a Northend? New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced 3025408739 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 19:00

Knott end, opposite Fleetwood, no airport tho, Bet Vince would travel to Southend and give that a try,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 19:24

Would you admit it if you lived near Souufend.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 9:39

Its called Sowfend. Us Essex boys cant say th but we can at least spell and make ourselves understood. Thanks for that Gypsy. Trouble is I dont want to wait til December!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 9:46

Tell them then Vince, you are a good customer they should listen
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 9:57

My son in law uses that airport to Faro. He informs me HMRC have their reps there for the unwary. Certainly will on Tuesdays and Fridays I guess. New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced 1498946960  Easy pickings.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 22:28

Got to get their own duty free's from somewhere.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 14:24

No, I dont believe they behave like Guardia Civil. They give you a receipt for it........
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 18:22

2.6 million people live within 40mins drive of southend airport ...that half the population of scotland
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 18:25

Perfectspecimen wrote:My son in law uses that airport to Faro. He informs me HMRC have their reps there for the unwary. Certainly will on Tuesdays and Fridays I guess. New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced 1498946960  Easy pickings.
    all the clever smugglers fly to the small airports on the mainland  from tenerife then change flight to england and as there is no ´´personal´´ limit from there 
    they dont get stopped ...as far as i know there is no ´´personal´´ limit from faro to southend?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 18:34

TVTenerife wrote:2.6 million people live within 40mins drive of southend airport ...that half the population of scotland
    I couldn't get down there in that time even with that HS2 train thingy! New easyJet Flight to Tenerife announced 3025408739 
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:22

TV my son in law had tobacco taken off him there last year from Faro. (Hand luggage) Customs keep changing the guidelines but basically once they decide they are going to take it thats it. 
    Everybody knows most of it comes by sea, at my local dock (both) theres is not even a dock gate. Of course it takes days to search a ship and then they probably wouldnt even find it anyway. Airports, easy pickings.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:29

oh yes you could - it would be stopping when you got there that would be th problem ..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:33

Perfectspecimen wrote:TV my son in law had tobacco taken off him there last year from Faro. (Hand luggage) Customs keep changing the guidelines but basically once they decide they are going to take it thats it. 
    Everybody knows most of it comes by sea, at my local dock (both) theres is not even a dock gate. Of course it takes days to search a ship and then they probably wouldnt even find it anyway. Airports, easy pickings.
    yes your right - its only 800 now,if you over they take the lot ....long time since my 3 times a week flights to the uk
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:41

8 times a year is quite enough for me thanks. The novelty of planes soon wears thin, like the cushions on those seats.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 20:53

havent been on plane for 5 years now - suits me ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 11:45