Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Monarch shedding a third of their workforce

Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Monarch shedding a third of their workforce Empty Monarch shedding a third of their workforce

Post by Joel David Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 12:08

Monarch are stopping all their long haul flights and shedding one third of their workforce, hopefully they'll  get shut of their rickety airbus A300 cattlewagons. I have used Monarch for 15 years flying to Tenerife 8 to 10 times per year, the one and only reason I still use them is I hold a Vantage card which up until a few months ago fast tracks check-in, boarding, seat selection and exec lounge. Most of these benefits are slowly being eroded in that for a few quid extra you can use express check-in/boarding making the queues longer and there are now payable supplements for the lounge's. Not much incentive now continually use them.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Monarch shedding a third of their workforce Empty Re: Monarch shedding a third of their workforce

Post by Gypsy Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 12:20

Not my favourite budget airline but being selfish I hope they stick to aircrew, I use Cosmos/Archers/Monarch quite a lot for my major holidays and the staff there are excellent so I hope it doesn´t affect any of these guys.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Monarch shedding a third of their workforce Empty Re: Monarch shedding a third of their workforce

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 22:44

Mate of mine maintains the fleet at Luton, hope his jobs OK, and yes, not used them for years.......... Not because he smokes strange smelling stuff and I know him from the pub obviously.   Monarch shedding a third of their workforce 2419626307
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Post by Joel David Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 10:25

Not quite sure his job will be safe as Monarch look like they are being 'prepped' for sale to EasyJet...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 17:12

Joel David wrote:Not quite sure his job will be safe as Monarch look like they are being 'prepped' for sale to EasyJet...

Found a wee snippet in The Times...

Monarch shedding a third of their workforce Captu208

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 9:00