Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
3rdforum
Perfectspecimen
Adam Mint
Campbell Brodie
searcher
9 posters

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland

Anonymous

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland Empty SNP to win ALL seats in scotland

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 11:06

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/318815-stvipsos-mori-poll-snp-set-to-win-all-scots-seats-at-general-election/

59 seats SNP everyone else sod all

this would give them 54 %-  more seats then the 

The Irish general election of 1918 was that part of the 1918 United Kingdom general election which took place in Ireland. It is now seen as a key moment in modern Irish history because it saw the overwhelming defeat of the moderate nationalist Irish Parliamentary Party (IPP), which had dominated the Irish political landscape since the 1880s, and a landslide victory for the radical Sinn Féin party, which had never previously enjoyed significant electoral success

67 seats at 47% of the vote for Éamon de Valera and Sinn Féin
    5 seats other at 25% of the vote

THIS LEAD WITHIN TWO YEARS TO AN INDEPENDENT IRELAND

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland Empty Re: SNP to win ALL seats in scotland

Post by 3rdforum Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 14:40

It also led to civil war SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 2419626307
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 15:20

TVTenerife wrote:http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/318815-stvipsos-mori-poll-snp-set-to-win-all-scots-seats-at-general-election/

59 seats SNP everyone else sod all

That would be terrible Dermot  Flag SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1887251641 Flag SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1887251641 war I mean SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1293740352

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 17:12

Never count your chickens until they are hatched... SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 17:22

On our holiday we noticed quite a lot of anti Scots rhetoric, in fact one chap waved a red flag at dinner one night and he upset other diners at the table more than he upset me , he had the cheek to ask me how I voted in the referendum,  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 16779677
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 18:23

searcher wrote:On our holiday we noticed quite a lot of anti Scots rhetoric, in fact one chap waved a red flag at dinner one night and he upset other diners at the table more than he upset me , he had the cheek to ask me how I voted in the referendum,  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 16779677
    where did you go on holiday ????
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 18:43

3rdforum wrote:It also led to civil war SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 2419626307
    the irish Civil war was between those who wanted to accept the IRISH FREE STATE within the british empire
    and those who wanted to go to the republic . so it was a mostly political war . 
    it was intresting that it did not lead to a north south war until the 1960s

to be honest if you can get have FIVE IRA MPs  at westminster ,going on about we aint talking to the SNP 
    makes you lauf ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 19:07

The Lone Ranger wrote:Never count your chickens until they are hatched... SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960
    yes the chickens of the TORY-LABOUR pact in the better together have hatched 
    and as for g.brown ......
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 20:37

The Irish civil war was between those who accepted a divided state ( i.e. the 6 counties remaining in the UK) and those who wanted the entire country to become independent. It didn't actually become a republic until 1949.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 0:43

searcher wrote:On our holiday we noticed quite a lot of anti Scots rhetoric, in fact one chap waved a red flag at dinner one night and he upset other diners at the table more than he upset me , he had the cheek to ask me how I voted in the referendum,  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 16779677

Yip it's the way forward, break up the UK/Europe, etc, it's the future...

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960   SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960  Twats, work together and sort it out,,, Arghhhhhhhhh,,, really annoys me how people want to break up something that has taken years to put together just because another few twats are managing it badly...

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:56

One week to go........  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 4134441833
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 21:01

Perfectspecimen wrote:One week to go........  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 4134441833
    yep doing well SNP higher then the REPUBLICAN VICTORY OF 1918
    Latest @LordAshcroft poll has Nick Clegg losing, and Nigel Farage not winning, their respective Commons seats
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 21:06

3rdforum wrote:The Irish civil war was between those who accepted a divided state ( i.e. the 6 counties remaining in the UK) and those who wanted the entire country to become independent. It didn't actually become a republic until 1949.
    oh no it was not ...it was between those that accepted the anglo-irish trety of 1920 to form the IRISH FREE STATE within the british empire and the king as head of state  and those that wanted to 
    maintain the IRISH REPUBLIC as declared in 1916 . no one in the south every accepted the north remaining in the UK ,that only changed in 1997 
    when EIRE voted to drop its claim ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 21:16

Adam Mint wrote:

Yip it's the way forward, break up the UK/Europe, etc, it's the future...

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960   SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960  SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960  Twats, work together and sort it out,,, Arghhhhhhhhh,,, really annoys me how people want to break up something that has taken years to put together just because another few twats are managing it badly...

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 1498946960
    the UK is doomed . who cares . its a state not a country - europe is the way forward . i would not be able to live and work in spain if UKIP (soon to be in the dustbin of history) and the tories ,who done more damage to england then hitler have their way  ...what makes me lauf is same as US the right wing get in the cheap coolie workers ,but forget that coz they not been brain washed since the civil war they aint going to be treated like the white underclass and vote tory .so in affect over 30 years the tories will have voted themselfs extinct . ps i have now brought a flat in scotland for 4,500 pounds so i will be getting me kilt at the airport when i visit . ..
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 21:38

TVTenerife wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:The Irish civil war was between those who accepted a divided state ( i.e. the 6 counties remaining in the UK) and those who wanted the entire country to become independent. It didn't actually become a republic until 1949.
    oh no it was not ...it was between those that accepted the anglo-irish trety of 1920 to form the IRISH FREE STATE within the british empire and the king as head of state  and those that wanted to 
    maintain the IRISH REPUBLIC as declared in 1916 . no one in the south every accepted the north remaining in the UK ,that only changed in 1997 
     The Irish Free State was formed in 1921 which superceded the republic declared in 1916 ( in what was a failed rebellion essentially and not recognised by the anti treaty forces). Michael Collins and Arthur Griffiths ( the original Sinn Fein, ( nothing to do with the modern one) representatives who led the rebel government ) eventually signed an agreement in London which brought this state into being after being told by Llyod George that the British forces would resume hostilities if agreement wasn't reached. The country was war weary after 5 years of bloodshed.  Collins signed and said at the time that he had just signed his death warrant. The Sinn Fein party split along those who thought the Irish Free State would be a stepping stone for an all island independence and those who were afraid that the 6 counties would never be returned ( this side led by Eamon DeValera ). On his return the Dail ( parliament ) was convened and a walkout occurred of those who opposed the treaty, under De Valera. This is how civil war broke out. I'm very proud of the fact that my grandfather fought in both the war of independence ( was nearly caught gun running) and in the civil war ( on Collin's side ). We only found out of his involvement after he died.

With regards to Ireland dropping its claim in 1998, it was the price of peace ( a hefty one imo ).
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:19

SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 4134441833  Thanks to SNP the UK will be saved from doom...........
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:23

Who gives a shit religion innit
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:32

Perfectspecimen wrote:SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 4134441833  Thanks to SNP the UK will be saved from doom...........
    When is the big day? Tomorrow week?? I reckon Nigel will get about 18 seats. You could well have a 3 party coalition
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 1 May 2015 - 0:37

3rdforum wrote:
    TVTenerife wrote:
     The Irish Free State was formed in 1921 which superceded the republic declared in 1916 ( in what was a failed rebellion essentially and not recognised by the anti treaty forces). Michael Collins and Arthur Griffiths ( the original Sinn Fein, ( nothing to do with the modern one) representatives who led the rebel government ) eventually signed an agreement in London which brought this state into being after being told by Llyod George that the British forces would resume hostilities if agreement wasn't reached. The country was war weary after 5 years of bloodshed.  Collins signed and said at the time that he had just signed his death warrant. The Sinn Fein party split along those who thought the Irish Free State would be a stepping stone for an all island independence and those who were afraid that the 6 counties would never be returned ( this side led by Eamon DeValera ). On his return the Dail ( parliament ) was convened and a walkout occurred of those who opposed the treaty, under De Valera. This is how civil war broke out. I'm very proud of the fact that my grandfather fought in both the war of independence ( was nearly caught gun running) and in the civil war ( on Collin's side ). We only found out of his involvement after he died.

With regards to Ireland dropping its claim in 1998, it was the price of peace ( a hefty one imo ).
    the IRISH CIVIL war was the IRISH FREE STATE on one side under collins and the IRISH REPUBLIC on the other under deValera.at no point did the IRA accept the IRISH FREE STATE and would not even take seats in the Dail until not that long ago (they still wont take seats in westminster) .again neither side agreed to the north staying within the UK . there was a UNITED IRELAND with HOME RULE from 1920-1922 ,it was the IRISH FREE STATE that was set up without the northern counties . bit of who writes the history me thinks ....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 1 May 2015 - 0:40

3rdforum wrote:
    Perfectspecimen wrote:SNP to win ALL seats in scotland 4134441833  Thanks to SNP the UK will be saved from doom...........
    When is the big day? Tomorrow week?? I reckon Nigel will get about 18 seats. You could well have a 3 party coalition
    the man will be brown bread by xmas ,so what i have heard about his health .. 
    2017 scottish ref vote ....within 5 years of QE2 dying it will be a republic .... 
    next will be the NORTHERN LEAGUE asking for self rule for liverpool/manchester/newcastle
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 1 May 2015 - 7:58

Irish problems was religion and nowt else, all those that don't give a shit about religion don't give a shit what happens.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 1 May 2015 - 9:02

The Dail sat with the entire rebel government after the agreement and there was a walk out led by De Valera. The "Dail" was the parliament st up by the original rebel government which held meetings in secret. So, everyone took their seats. And enough of the CAPITAL letters. I appreciate you think you are right , but I know you've got things slightly askew. Wikipedia isn't always right.
    Not going into the religion bit, but it wasn't all about that in Ireland. It just so happened that political opponents found themselves tied into religious sections.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 1 May 2015 - 11:07

3rdforum wrote:The Dail sat with the entire rebel government after the agreement and there was a walk out led by De Valera. The "Dail" was the parliament st up by the original rebel government which held meetings in secret. So, everyone took their seats. And enough of the CAPITAL letters. I appreciate you think you are right , but I know you've got things slightly askew. Wikipedia isn't always right.
    Not going into the religion bit, but it wasn't all about that in Ireland. It just so happened that political opponents found themselves tied into religious sections.
    it my degree in political history that's right .... the official elections were for the Irish Parliament which only sat once and without the s.f MPs
    who formed the second dail instead .... it was an internal nationalist civil war in Ireland ,the north was not the cause . 

anyway im glad that Scotland will get its freedom without a shot being fired .
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 1 May 2015 - 12:52

I'm not on about any official elections. The original Dail did not "officially" exist. And the North was the cause of the split. The agreement allowed the 26 counties to attain home rule and allowed the 6 counties to stay out. Collins agreed with this, De Valera didn't. Thats what caused the war. But what would I know, I only studied it for 8 years and my family were part of it. Time to get back on topic methinks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 1 May 2015 - 20:53

SNP welcomes latest Ashcroft polls
    Fri, 01/05/2015 - 16:45

Welcoming the latest Ashcroft polls which put the SNP ahead in East Renfrewshire and Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale & Tweeddale, SNP General Election Campaign Director Angus Robertson said:
    "These are very welcome polls, putting the SNP ahead in both the Scottish Labour leader's seat and the sole Tory-held constituency in Scotland.
    "We take absolutely nothing for granted, because polls do not win seats - only hard work does.
    "If the people of Scotland come together next Thursday to elect a big team of SNP MPs, Scotland will be in a decisive position at Westminster for the first time - ensuring that Scottish interests are protected and helping deliver progressive politics across the UK."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 12:49