Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+7
Mcqueen
Perfectspecimen
searcher
Topdog
3rdforum
Gypsy
Campbell Brodie
11 posters

Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 18:36

Rajoy's gonna kick all the ex-pats oot! Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2419626307 Local.es
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain.

Post by Mcqueen Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 18:48

Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2485877773 Where would they get their money from  Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3275847336 Do you need to be stupid to be a prime minister
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 18:50

I know. All the EU PMs are getting together and having turns at frightening us! Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739 Erses!
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 19:39

The Lone Ranger wrote:Rajoy's gonna kick all the ex-pats oot! Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2419626307 Local.es

So you didn't read it then, just added the link  Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 19:42

I did read it...I don't pick links out of thin air. Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 506932706
    marbro8
    marbro8

UK Male Posts : 446

Post by marbro8 Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 21:35

The Lone Ranger wrote:It's the BCC not the BBC... Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2485877773
    yes but they are more or less the same letters Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739 anyway i don't think it is fair that people living abroad should get a vote. unless they are voting out anyway Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739
    marbro8
    marbro8

UK Male Posts : 446

Post by marbro8 Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 21:38

Adam Mint wrote:If we do will I have to go back to Scotland...

Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 878948377
    well after spending a few days in largs with ecky and his lovely wife i could think of worse places Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 294053457 "WOW" what a lovely place Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 1887251641
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 0:47

Sun was out then?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 8:48

Did you see the big Viking? We whopped their asses there and gained all the West coast islands for Scotland. Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 1887251641 Flag Dancing
    angusjim
    angusjim

UK Male Posts : 877

Post by angusjim Sat 4 Jun 2016 - 10:05

The Lone Ranger wrote:Rajoy's gonna kick all the ex-pats oot! Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2419626307 Local.es
    This clown makes Boris look quite sane Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 17 Jun 2016 - 15:05

The passport office over here has had to hire an extra 20 temporary staff to cope with the demand from British people who qualify for an Irish passport.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Mon 20 Jun 2016 - 17:58

I got it wrong, over 200 staff taken on!!! Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2419626307

Canarian Weekly

Britons race
    to be Irish
    THE Republic of Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs has been inundated with a significant rise in applications from British people for Irish passports.
    The clamour for Irish citizenship is believed to have been sparked by the prospect of a UK Brexit, although officials aren’t actually claiming that.
    Irish Foreign Minister Charlie Flanagan said: “We’ve had an unprecedented level of applications. We have in excess of 200 new staff on a temporary basis in our passport office.”
    He added: “I don’t have any evidence that you can forge a link between an increase in passport applications and the current Referendum, but I do acknowledge the factual position that there is heightened interest in Irish passport application and Irish citizenship.”
    Figures obtained by Sky News reveal a 25% increase in the number of applications from England, Scotland and Wales.
    In the first five months of 2016, there were 1,901 applications, compared with 1,518 in the first five months of 2015, which adds up to a 25% increase. And in April alone, the figure zoomed up 42%, from 695 last year to 987 this year.
    But obtaining an Irish passport isn’t as simple as it might seem.
    Ireland will grant citizenship to applicants who have an Irish parent, grandparent or even great-grandparent. However, grandchildren need to have been recorded in the country’s foreign births’ register for their children to be eligible as well.
    People living in Northern Ireland are considered a special case, with the same right to claim Irish citizenship as those living south of the border.
    No one has to state a reason, but it is seems clear that some have applied to ensure they remain citizens of the EU in the event of a British exit from the European Union.
    Martin O’Neill, a politics professor from York who already holds both British and Irish passports, has applied for his children to become dual citizens.
    He told Sky News: “I think we always thought that, eventually, it might be nice for the children to have dual citizenship as well. But the fear of Brexit, and the fact that the Referendum was happening, really concentrated our minds to try to get that all sorted out sooner rather than later.”
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 9:59

Watched another debate last night, Paxman was running the show so i thought this should be good, Nah
    One thing stuck in my mind, If you vote to stay in you will never have to vote again Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2419626307
    Why ? Because we wont be running our own country, Brussels will Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3561243520
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 10:53

I'd imagine if the vote goes to remain, then the Uk will push for major reforms and will get the backing of a lot if not most of the smaller countries. The EU is being run by Germany and to a lesser extent France and Italy. They seem to think whatever works in their countries will work in others . This isn't the case.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 12:03

Italy want out too, mainly so they can kick the africans out as they should. Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 1483819851
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 13:39

OMG just seen the news with the MP going to vote ,Jeremy Corbyn looks like like a tramp , now I'm always up for not judging people on how they look , but hey ho your supposed to look the part abit arnt you Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3561243520 x
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 15:28

Went to vote this morning, was undecided up to the very last second, thought of lying Cameron and voted to leave. Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2024858757 not
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 17:33

Well done Sir. Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3318427985  You searched for the truth and found it. All we need to swing it now is just one more Scottish vote. Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739  Wouldnt be surprised if Corbyn and Cameron voted OUT either....... The liberal muppet wouldnt have though, he looks both young AND stupid so no chance then.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 17:41

It seems there is a big decision to make, I have enjoyed reading peoples opinions, There has been heated debates, a lot of people have been very vocal, and a lot of my friends have fallen out over this. All I ask is whatever the decision is we accept it.

I personally think it should be Sturridge and Vardy up front with Rooney just behind.  Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 17:45

Indeed, with Rooney even further back. On an important note I have just been reading about a Swedish plyer who has been sent off for farting....   Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 2419626307
    angusjim
    angusjim

Post by angusjim Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 18:57

Gypsy wrote:It seems there is a big decision to make, I have enjoyed reading peoples opinions, There has been heated debates, a lot of people have been very vocal, and a lot of my friends have fallen out over this. All I ask is whatever the decision is we accept it.

I personally think it should be Sturridge and Vardy up front with Rooney just behind.  Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3025408739
    I think have read this on another forum Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 294053457
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 19:42

Don´t know I'm not on any other forums apart from this and Tripadvisor and if it was on TA it would be deleted almost as soon as posted.  
     I pinched it from Tony Burgess who has The Pub in Tenerife and posted it on Facebook.  Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 755705644
    angusjim
    angusjim

Post by angusjim Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 19:48

Gypsy wrote:Don´t know I'm not on any other forums apart from this and Tripadvisor and if it was on TA it would be deleted almost as soon as posted.  
     I pinched it from Tony Burgess who has The Pub in Tenerife and posted it on Facebook.  Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 755705644
    Exit thread on TF by Garlicbread Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3318427985
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 23 Jun 2016 - 19:57

angusjim wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:Don´t know I'm not on any other forums apart from this and Tripadvisor and if it was on TA it would be deleted almost as soon as posted.  
    Exit thread on TF by Garlicbread Brexit: Ex-pats would not be allowed to live in France or Spain. - Page 2 3318427985

Not been on there for years I posted it in Tenerife 4 All F/b group about 8.30 this morning before heading out to hairdressers, so Garlicbread either posted it yesterday and Tony pinched it from him or vice versa.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 25 Jun 2016 - 16:38

We didn't like the result, can we have another go? BBC News

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 22:32