Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. Empty Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 15:56

Tragic story this is.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/save-them-before-it%E2%80%99s-too-late--why-the-world%E2%80%99s-most-threatened-tribe-faces-extinction-.html
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. Empty Re: Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 16:21

Stranger in the forest.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. Empty Re: Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 16:31

What about the Great Briton, that race is facing extinction.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 17:56

The Great Briton race?
    Are you talking about the Britons who were a Celtic people and spoke a Celtic language?
    Sure that race is long gone from the shores of Britain.
    If your talking about the people who inhabit Britain today,are people who declare themselves British a race?
    And what is defining characteristics of this great race?
    Colour,language is it?,please explain I await in anticipation to hear about this race.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 17:59

Great link LR.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 18:54

You can wait all you like as you know very well exactly what I mean.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:00

Topdog wrote:You can wait all you like as you know very well exactly what I mean.

I don't thats why I asked for a explanation.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:05

British born and bred, English speaking people that have had ancestors paying taxes and building our great lands.
    We are being overruled by people from other shores that want our laws changed to ones of the countries they have left. etc.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:05

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/20/indigenous-britons-far-right
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:10

Never ever stated we should not have people from foreign lands here, we should not be forced to change our way of life to suit. Neither should we be referred to as being racist if we say anything or do anything as these peoples can say and do what they like to us, but they are not racist. We do not and can not do it in their countries of origin.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:41

I'm shocked Nick Griffin thinks of the Irish as "one of his own". Perhaps he meant the dwindling majority in the north. Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. 878948377

Without saying "yea" or "nay" on this subject, it seems to be that Britain is being colonised by the very peoples that Imperial Britain colonised over the last 300 years. Times have moved on since those days, so I don't hold much belief in the case here of "you reap what you sow". This modern phenomenon supersedes any old notions of racism but is rather a culture clash. It is an invasion by stealth and all of us who hold western values dear, should be aware of what's happening. Whether it happens on the streets of Dublin, Belfast or London, is immaterial. And its not just Islamic fundamentalism we should be wary of, Christian fanatics are every bit as bad . If we are not careful, we will be living under the control of one religion or another. Speaking from a country that has only thrown off the shackles of the Catholic Church in the last 30 years, I'm damned if we got rid of one zealot, to be replaced by another. The answer, in my opinion, is quite simple, a secular state in which those values are enshrined in that country's constitution.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:52

3rdforum wrote:I'm shocked Nick Griffin thinks of the Irish as "one of his own". Perhaps he meant the dwindling majority in the north. Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. 878948377

Without saying "yea" or "nay" on this subject, it seems to be that Britain is being colonised by the very peoples that Imperial Britain colonised over the last 300 years. Times have moved on since those days, so I don't hold much belief in the case here of "you reap what you sow". This modern phenomenon supersedes any old notions of racism but is rather a culture clash. It is an invasion by stealth and all of us who hold western values dear, should be aware of what's happening. Whether it happens on the streets of Dublin, Belfast or London, is immaterial. And its not just Islamic fundamentalism we should be wary of, Christian fanatics are every bit as bad . If we are not careful, we will be living under the control of one religion or another. Speaking from a country that has only thrown off the shackles of the Catholic Church in the last 30 years, I'm damned if we got rid of one zealot, to be replaced by another. The answer, in my opinion, is quite simple, a secular state in which those values are enshrined in that country's constitution.

Feck me D! That's a bit deep! I'm trying to watch walruses on Sky Docs "The Blue Planet"...I'm all confused now. Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. 4226408756
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 20:04

Here is a little article that explains a bit about these baddies that are "invading by stealth" and are going to smash our "westeren values"...whatever they are.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/825601/our-survey-shows-british-muslims-dont-want-sharia.thtml
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 20:27

what a bollox article we are being taken over by one religion or group or another and at this point in time we should have our backs to the wall.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 20:35

Where is this proof of being taken over?
    Show me where this religion is making in-roads in government policy.
    "Backs to the wall"!!...you my friend are talking bollix...this is the very nationalistic crap that gets fair minded British people bad press around the globe...age old Churchillian colonist bull crap.
    Better run off and get ready for the war Enoch!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 20:56

so is it ok to say whiteboard in a school, kids can't sing baa baa black sheep coz it is racist, wake up.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 21:05

Topdog wrote:so is it ok to say whiteboard in a school, kids can't sing baa baa black sheep coz it is racist, wake up.

Of course it is ok to say those things....It was your government through outside bodies who banned the use of these sayings,not black people or muslims.
    Is this your argument for people to get their backs to the wall?
    Very strange.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 21:06

Bloody hell Kev looks like you need some backup whilst putting peoples backs up. Where's that Reg when you need him? Adeje Chic Ken I guess. Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 21:39

I don't need back up mate, says it all "it was your government", so if you are not British but trying to say how we should be what is that if it ain't dictating to nationals of their own country. I don't dictate how you should run Eire.
    True fact is it is do gooders and complaints against such words that have changed these things, the government really had no choice as things stand. We also can't say Humpty Dumpty, oz it is fattest, or jack and Jill for sexual reasons.
    What you put links to is just pure Jounalistic Opinion, mine are facts.
    But if you want someones opinion look here

And if you think I am Racist think again, I have many Black friends, I have Muslim neighbours who are great and they also feel it is wrong, yes they were born here. I actually never mentioned Muslims until now, shows how the mind works.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 21:47

CaribeCelt wrote:Here is a little article that explains a bit about these baddies that are "invading by stealth" and are going to smash our "westeren values"...whatever they are.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/825601/our-survey-shows-british-muslims-dont-want-sharia.thtml

I'm only on about the fundamentalists CC not the ordinary Muslim, Christian or Jew or whatever. I'm actually all for multiculturalism just opposed to fundamentalism.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 21:52

Well Done Dermo some sense being spoken, I never mentioned anything other than the fundamentalists that want to try and change our wee country to suit them and rule us out. In general most are happy to chug along with the laws of the land or change those that all creeds, and religions agree with.
    We had a guy with a Turban worked at a place I used to be at, he was allowed to wear it, yet a Rasta got a warning for not taking his hat off.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 21:58

Well what religion are you talking about that is taking over?....Christians...me thinks not..name the religion..
    Dictating to foreign nationals???...I am from the North of Ireland so people like you would regard me as British,so I can say what I want.
    And your opinions are fact,are they?...your a fantasist.
    All the points you make about Jack and Jill,Humpty Dumpty,and Baa Baa Black Sheep...whats your point.
    You said British people should have their backs to the walls,
    Do you want to start a war over nursery ryhmes?...probably to last drop of someone elses blood too.
    The mind is a wonderful thing TD,as you seem to be living in a fantasy with those banished fantasy characters you shed tears for.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:05

3rdforum wrote:
    CaribeCelt wrote:Here is a little article that explains a bit about these baddies that are "invading by stealth" and are going to smash our "westeren values"...whatever they are.

I'm only on about the fundamentalists CC not the ordinary Muslim, Christian or Jew or whatever. I'm actually all for multiculturalism just opposed to fundamentalism.

I think most reasonable people are against fundamentalism of all kinds,Dermot.
    But this "backs to the walls stuff" is bollix and very dangerous bolix at that...not that you said it.
    Not so long ago these armchair generals of pure Britishness had the Irish in their sights.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:10

So you are British but state "your government". I n relation to Nursery rhyme characters, I am merely stating that even kids have been affected by the racism and anti social laws. We should be letting our children say these things why are they being segregated, why can they say Whiteboard but not Blackboard.
    Just for your record there are more than 2 religions on this planet and I was not just referring to a religion.

I think it is you that lives in a fantasy world if you think it is ok for us to be held to ransom in our own country.
    Obviously you did not bother to open the link I put.

Be interesting to know where you stand on the previous happenings in your homeland.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:15

CaribeCelt wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:

I think most reasonable people are against fundamentalism of all kinds,Dermot.
    But this "backs to the walls stuff" is bollix and very dangerous bolix at that...not that you said it.
    Not so long ago these armchair generals of pure Britishness had the Irish in their sights.
    Excuse me could you remind me what forces you have served in. As I am ex forces, defoe not an armchair general.
    Backs to the wall is a term used to state we should ensure we are at a forward advantage at all times.
    I believe we had a previous thread where you were an armchair general and I ask you then what military experience you had.
    If it is about Ireland in our sights, never did agree and never will agree, think you should have carried on killing each other, I think that is what you want me to say. Actually I think you are right, some one probably did have Ireland in its sights, not me though, very sad that people have to fight their own for whatever reason.

Last edited by Topdog on Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:27; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 0:38