Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:27

I never said I was British,you did.
    Why would it be interesting to know my views on my"homeland"?
    Whats that got to do with this?
    IF you want to know about the situation in my "homeland" start a thread about it.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction.

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:30

If you are from the North of Ireland you are British.................Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 Uk
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:34

Topdog wrote:
    CaribeCelt wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:
    CaribeCelt wrote:Here is a little article that explains a bit about these baddies that are "invading by stealth" and are going to smash our "westeren values"...whatever they are.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/825601/our-survey-shows-british-muslims-dont-want-sharia.thtml

I'm only on about the fundamentalists CC not the ordinary Muslim, Christian or Jew or whatever. I'm actually all for multiculturalism just opposed to fundamentalism.

I think most reasonable people are against fundamentalism of all kinds,Dermot.
    But this "backs to the walls stuff" is bollix and very dangerous bolix at that...not that you said it.
    Not so long ago these armchair generals of pure Britishness had the Irish in their sights.
    Excuse me could you remind me what forces you have served in. As I am ex forces, defoe not an armchair general.
    Backs to the wall is a term used to state we should ensure we are at a forward advantage at all times.
    I believe we had a previous thread where you were an armchair general and I ask you then what military experience you had.
    If it is about Ireland in our sights, never did agree and never will agree, think you should have carried on killing each other, I think that is what you want me to say. Actually I think you are right, some one probably did have Ireland in its sights, not me though, very sad that people have to fight their own for whatever reason.

The typical response from somebody who doesn't know the true historical facts about the situation here.
    You and being the peace keepers and all..heard it all before...maybe you should pick up a history book.
    And please stop with the "I'm Ex forces,stuff,I know that,you told me before...Whats your point?...Do you believe you are more knowledegable than someone with no military background?
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:36

I'd just like to point out that roughly 52% of the population in the north would consider themselves British, the remaining 48% think of themselves as Irish.
    If I can throw my tuppence in, the two of you guys will never agree on this. CC is Irish and grew up where that very fact meant oppression from the Unionist/ British ruling class. TD is a proud Briton who sees his core values being diluted/eradicated. In Cc's history, all these local "proud" Britons represented the hated ruling class ( they were a shower of bigots, every bit as bad imo as the Taliban). I think, (I'm open to correction) that CC sees TD as an imperialist. I don't think he is but British people need to realise that we Irish have been suffering this type of imperialism for hundreds of years and it is only in the last 20 years that we feel that British people treat us like equals ( I'm generalising but you get the point ). If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I apologise.
    Anyway, carry on, I bet this thread will bring in more guests than any other recently.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:36

Topdog wrote:If you are from the North of Ireland you are British.................Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 Uk

Yeah as British as FinchleyTribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 3025408739
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:37

Topdog wrote:If you are from the North of Ireland you are British.................Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 Uk

True, but we live in hope! Tribe in the Amazon faces extinction. - Page 2 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:39

3rdforum wrote:I'd just like to point out that roughly 52% of the population in the north would consider themselves British, the remaining 48% think of themselves as Irish.
    If I can throw my tuppence in, the two of you guys will never agree on this. CC is Irish and grew up where that very fact meant oppression from the Unionist/ British ruling class. TD is a proud Briton who sees his core values being diluted/eradicated. In Cc's history, all these local "proud" Britons represented the hated ruling class ( they were a shower of bigots, every bit as bad imo as the Taliban). I think, (I'm open to correction) that CC sees TD as an imperialist. I don't think he is but British people need to realise that we Irish have been suffering this type of imperialism for hundreds of years and it is only in the last 20 years that we feel that British people treat us like equals ( I'm generalising but you get the point ). If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I apologise.
    Anyway, carry on, I bet this thread will bring in more guests than any other recently.

I agree with Dermo, you're never going to agree so agree to disagree. I'm locking the thread before someone says something they might regret.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:42

No not at all but you said I was an armchair General. You obviously have tunnel vision in the way youread to, as I have never said I agree with any mission whatsoever in Ireland. I do not agree with any war actually and especially not ones that are so called religious wars. I certainly do not believe in persons killing age old neighbours and friends, or did this not happen. Lets forget what went on in Cromwell days, oops I know nowt, we live in the modern times and the world of war and battle is a whole new ball game. Forget the airplanes and ships.............computers do the lot now from satellites, one signal and wipe out time, modern history lesson.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:46

Topdog wrote:No not at all but you said I was an armchair General. You obviously have tunnel vision in the way youread to, as I have never said I agree with any mission whatsoever in Ireland. I do not agree with any war actually and especially not ones that are so called religious wars. I certainly do not believe in persons killing age old neighbours and friends, or did this not happen. Lets forget what went on in Cromwell days, oops I know nowt, we live in the modern times and the world of war and battle is a whole new ball game. Forget the airplanes and ships.............computers do the lot now from satellites, one signal and wipe out time, modern history lesson.

He can't reply Kev, I've locked the post. I agree with Dermo, the 2 of you will never agree on this. Don't post anymore, as he can't defend himself.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:50

Ok fair do's but if he does want to defend the last post then he can PM you to post it or PM me and I will not give a response.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 19:49