Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+9
Mcqueen
3rdforum
Adam Mint
Gypsy
Topdog
cunningham
Mischief Maker
Campbell Brodie
CaribeCelt
13 posters

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot"

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 Empty Re: Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot"

Post by Adam Mint Tue 15 May 2012 - 18:13

I’m with LR on this one, no sympathy for the drunken tw#ts, but they aint the first and for sure won’t be the last, but total over reaction by those in charge on the plane and the authorities.

They fly four hours or so spending their money getting pissed on the plane, trolley dolly says no more booze boys, suddenly they become Abdul with a bomb, right................

OK, trolley dolly should say, you put away your bomb and be good boys and I’ll give you a beer, she gets a medal, boys get pissed, passengers are saved, simple, but no, sirens and blue flashing lights, drama queens the lot, get fecking real.......................

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 1460810463
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 Empty Re: Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot"

Post by Mermaid Tue 15 May 2012 - 18:35

When this event happened My initial reaction was they deserve to be punished and no sympathy for being held in a spanish jail. I have now calmed down and thought more about it and they were just silly lads who said the wrong thing. I am sure they will be given grief when they get home.. We all have our own views and this is mine
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Tue 15 May 2012 - 18:45

Gypsy wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:Nothing to do with this particular case, but in general I think my lad is right, the trouble with the world today is there are no deterrents. People know they can get away with anything and the worst they will get is a bit of community service or a fine paid at a few pence a week from their ill gotten benefits.

Now if the birch was still around the threat of half a dozen quick lashes would make a lot of people think twice about what they are about to do. Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 506932706 Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 755705644

Just re-read my post, it must be the heat that is making me so grumpy Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 16779677
    grumpy my arse its.the most common sence post, ever written on this forum.read it again everyone.
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Tue 15 May 2012 - 18:49

Adam Mint wrote:I’m with LR on this one, no sympathy for the drunken tw#ts, but they aint the first and for sure won’t be the last, but total over reaction by those in charge on the plane and the authorities.

They fly four hours or so spending their money getting pissed on the plane, trolley dolly says no more booze boys, suddenly they become Abdul with a bomb, right................

OK, trolley dolly should say, you put away your bomb and be good boys and I’ll give you a beer, she gets a medal, boys get pissed, passengers are saved, simple, but no, sirens and blue flashing lights, drama queens the lot, get fecking real.......................

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 1460810463
    go back to sleep adam.Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 15 May 2012 - 18:51

Do you think they had a bomb....
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:04

Does anyone here actually remember anyone getting birched? I sure as hell don't! Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:04

Ive been poked in the eye Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 2419626307
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:05

Adam Mint wrote:Do you think they had a bomb....
    thats not the issue here adam,its a case of knowing right from wrong.i thought i was hard done to when i got fined £60 and three points on my driving licence,for doing 34 mph in a 30 limit.its the law weather we like it or not,we have to tow the line or face the consequences.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:08

Mcqueen wrote:Ive been poked in the eye Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 2419626307

When? Who did it? Does it hurt? Is it all red now?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:12

44 years ago, Sammy Stewart, Yes it did, No blue as usual, I went in the bike shed and cut all his spokes, Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 871748619
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:24

As said I think they are a pair of twa#s and would not have liked to have been on plane or in departure lounge bar with them, but whole incident is being blown out of proportion, yes throw the book at them for what they done, drunk and out of order on a plane, but terrorists!!!!

If they had said to trolley dolly give me a drink or I’ll kill you, do you think there would have been the same reaction, no, they would have been ignored.

As for the birching, as long as it’s being metered out by a scantly dressed leather clad female where do you sign up....

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 2839888827
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:31

Pub quiz night so out of here soon, and we have free meal tickets for winning last week so its wine and dine first....

If we’re doing badly may throw in I’ve got exploding underwear on if you don’t give us a clue...

Being Manchester they probably have their own version of John Smeaton behind the bar for such events..................

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 612048519
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 15 May 2012 - 19:55

Adam Mint wrote:Pub quiz night so out of here soon, and we have free meal tickets for winning last week so its wine and dine first....

If we’re doing badly may throw in I’ve got exploding underwear on if you don’t give us a clue...

Being Manchester they probably have their own version of John Smeaton behind the bar for such events..................

enjoy the quiz and good luck
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 15 May 2012 - 20:10

Isle of Man still has the birch I think, not far from Manchester so they could divert and drop em off there. Does Isle of man have 2km runway? Never mind, take a chance. Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 3025408739 Yesterday I paid a 60 quid fine for doing 46mph in a 40 zone. Do I feel hard done by? YES. Pathetic, dual carriageway too. I could have gone on a driver awareness course and not got points but they charge you £90 for the pleasure. Money making exercise. Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 16779677 Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 3417148095
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 15 May 2012 - 20:50

So if I get on the plane and see my mate Jack 15 rows down and call out Hi t him, I will get whipped. Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 3275847336
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 15 May 2012 - 20:55

Does your mate have a car on his head?
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 15 May 2012 - 20:59

Hi Jack, nice car on your head, does it weigh more than 10kg.Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 John-Evans-Balancing-a-Car-on-His-Head-02
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 15 May 2012 - 21:05

Topdog wrote:Hi Jack, nice car on your head, does it weigh more than 10kg.Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 John-Evans-Balancing-a-Car-on-His-Head-02

That's him! Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 2485877773
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 15 May 2012 - 21:07

I told him he would get nicked keep looking up Mini's
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 16 May 2012 - 5:34

Mermaid wrote:
    Adam Mint wrote:Pub quiz night so out of here soon, and we have free meal tickets for winning last week so its wine and dine first....

enjoy the quiz and good luck

Second place by two points, sob, sob, sob... Aw well £10 pub grub voucher rather than £20.

I was overruled on this one, which is nearest the equator, Lisbon, Rome or Barcelona?

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 878948377
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 16 May 2012 - 8:00

I¡d say a toss up between Lisbon and Rome but I would go for Lisbon. What did you say?
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 16 May 2012 - 8:29

Barca.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 16 May 2012 - 10:24

Lisbon.
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Wed 16 May 2012 - 13:51

yeah i agree lisbon
    was a toss up between lisbon and rome and then i looked at a map!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 16 May 2012 - 16:47

I said Lisbon, others said Rome, I tried to explain that "flat" maps are deceiving and that Italy is tucked up a bit further in the Med than you would think, I still protested as they wrote Rome as the answer and said I was sticking with Lisbon, but in fairness I usually get more wrong than right, but not in this case, we would have still lost by one point even if they had listened to me.

Two men arrested at Tenerife airport in "Bomb plot" - Page 3 871748619

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 21:48