Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+11
Adam Mint
3rdforum
Blyth Spirit
Davie Thistle
NEMESI5
Jimandsi
Mermaid
Topdog
Gypsy
Mcqueen
Cruella de Vil
15 posters

Is this a forum about Tenerife??

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a forum about Tenerife??

Post by Gypsy Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 21:56

Topdog wrote:So are we trying to ruin the forum or get some threads going..........please enlighten.

We have had this discussion earlier today off line and I said And how can we be different to other forums. Come on guys it is your forum so start spouting your ideas And apart from not receiving anything other than TD saying he would make a move in the right direction, some people didn´t even acknowledge receiving an email never mind 2 or 3, so does that mean
    you are happy with things as they stand,
    you couldn´t care less what happens or
    you suffer from sloping shoulders and leave it to some bugger else. I may have a username of Gypsy but I don´t have a crystal ball so can´t read minds.

So perhaps it is a good thing that Cru has brought this out and we can discuss it openly, what do the members of this forum REALLY WANT. I am happy to go along with the majority, but I am not prepared to be heading off in one direction, wasting my time when nobody could care less.

Jimandsi wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:

¿Que? How do you figure that out. If the forum was over moderated it wouldn´t be full of threads that go off topic within 3 posts. Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 3275847336

So how long will a thread about members / owners of another Forum last then ?

I would have thought that someone of your intelligence would have had better things to do than want to discuss other forums, especially forums that have made it totally clear that you /me / us are not welcome there. To my mind they do not deserve even the passing of a thought let alone a discussion.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a forum about Tenerife??

Post by Mermaid Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:02

I did reply to messages. Not everyone I admit.
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:03

Gypsy wrote:

I would have thought that someone of your intelligence would have had better things to do than want to discuss other forums, especially forums that have made it totally clear that you /me / us are not welcome there. To my mind they do not deserve even the passing of a thought let alone a discussion.

Freedom of speech (within reason) is all I want Gypsy.

Simples. Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 294053457
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:08

Mermaid wrote:I did reply to messages. Not everyone I admit.

Yes you did Mermaid, so please don´t take this as personal. If we want to attract more members we have got to do more than we are doing at the moment.

Jimandsi wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:

If that is what you want Jim, within reason I cannot see a problem speaking for myself, the way we have been discussed in the past I wouldn´t give them the sweat from my brow if they were dying of thirst.
    NEMESI5

Russian Female Posts : 75

Post by NEMESI5 Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:10

Jimandsi wrote:

You can never be too careful these days regarding libel.
    Not saying that you are that way inclined, but as a forum owner your first thought would be to avoid any conflict with other groups or persons so we must all respect that because I certainly wouldn't want that hassle.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:15

NEMESI5 wrote:

You can never be too careful these days regarding libel.
    Not saying that you are that way inclined, but as a forum owner your first thought would be to avoid any conflict with other groups or persons so we must all respect that because I certainly wouldn't want that hassle.

Sorry but it's worse than that! someone once asked if Joe Blogs came on this forum and I answered with "no they don't" the post was altered! how can this possibly be libel? Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 3275847336
    NEMESI5

Post by NEMESI5 Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:24

Cruella de Vil wrote:
    Sorry but it's worse than that! someone once asked if Joe Blogs came on this forum and I answered with "no they don't" the post was altered! how can this possibly be libel? Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 3275847336

No ides, possibly a genuine mistake.
    Like I said, it's good that this is being discussed in a mature manner. In other places the thread would be closed without a proper discussion or debate.
    That's what makes here different in some ways.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:28

I agree but feel it very damaging to state that all posts are shite and not very nice for the posters of some very good and very informative threads/posts.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:44

Sorry members but i have been a bit busy, I had very little education and sometimes i'm out of my depth, Sure i'm ok with common sense stuff but when you lot start going on about things i dont understand i keep stum, I'm all for moving on but dont ask me why or how, Most of you are much brighter than me so whatever you lot think i'm up for it, I know in life if you dont try you dont get, So get on with it the clocks ticking, If we became number one in less than a year well i for one would be proud, Any beefing though should be done in a PM, It dont look good if we start falling apart at the seams in view of the others, Dont forget most of us dont live in Tenerife so we tend to talk about where we are, The weather for one is a great british tradition, Now get fecked i'm off to bed, Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 871748619
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 27 Jun 2012 - 23:48

weather weather weather
    NEMESI5

Post by NEMESI5 Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 7:13

Mcqueen wrote:Sorry members but i have been a bit busy, I had very little education and sometimes i'm out of my depth, Sure i'm ok with common sense stuff but when you lot start going on about things i dont understand i keep stum, I'm all for moving on but dont ask me why or how, Most of you are much brighter than me so whatever you lot think i'm up for it, I know in life if you dont try you dont get, So get on with it the clocks ticking, If we became number one in less than a year well i for one would be proud, Any beefing though should be done in a PM, It dont look good if we start falling apart at the seams in view of the others, Dont forget most of us dont live in Tenerife so we tend to talk about where we are, The weather for one is a great british tradition, Now get fecked i'm off to bed, Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 871748619

You've got to stop talking to yourself.
    It ain't healthy mate. Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 3025408739
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 7:57

Interesting read Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 878948377

Well my sixth peneth for what it's worth...

I think you've got it pretty much spot on with the mixture, forums by there nature are self evolving anyway unless they are strictly moderated and not allowed to go off topic but TFOF covers a very wide & extremely varied cross section of topics.

Personally I like & enjoy variety and read with interest the island info & posts by those fortunate enough to live on the island, gives a real insight to life in Tenerife. If it was all about the island and nothing else then it probably would be used as much 'it does what it says on the tin', there plenty of info if you need it and plenty of very helpful friendly people only to willing to help out.

Keep up the good work.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 8:29

Nice post BS, thanks.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 8:30

thanks BS your post is appreciated.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 9:40

Blyth Spirit wrote:Interesting read Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 878948377

Well my sixth peneth for what it's worth...

I think you've got it pretty much spot on with the mixture, forums by there nature are self evolving anyway unless they are strictly moderated and not allowed to go off topic but TFOF covers a very wide & extremely varied cross section of topics.

Personally I like & enjoy variety and read with interest the island info & posts by those fortunate enough to live on the island, gives a real insight to life in Tenerife. If it was all about the island and nothing else then it probably would be used as much 'it does what it says on the tin', there plenty of info if you need it and plenty of very helpful friendly people only to willing to help out.

Keep up the good work.

It is nice to hear from someone who has not been a member since day one as to how things look from the outside. I think the few of us that were around on day one or two feel very protective of this little place and want it to succeed, hence feel we need more members. I am proud of being a member of this forum but when people tell why me they don´t join in I feel the admin team should be aware and try and address the issues not ignore them or even take them as a personal dig, this is not true. If we are criticised we should accept it and do something constructive about it. How the hell else will we learn - we are all beginners at this game.

I am happy to give as much information about Tenerife as I know and I am sure Cru, PS and Adam (sly old dog knows loads) are too. What I and it would seem others object to is the fact that when something informative is being asked or added, someone comes along with a comment that takes it totally off topic. If it is moved elsewhere we are being 'over modded' if it is left we are seen as being incapable of having a serious discussion about anything. There has got to be a happy medium whereby a serious topic is treated as such and the rest of the posts are fair game.

Perhaps other people reading this thread could also give their views, maybe start a new topic and see how we progress.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 10:11

Here's where I stand. I'm all for getting more members and if that means having sections e.g. info on Tenerife, where things should be kept on topic and factual, brilliant. However, I think I may have said this in the past, I don't consider our google ratings as a barometer as to how successful we are ( in particular who has got top spot). I don't want this place to become the Tenerifeforumoffacts.com . If that happens, how will we be any different from the others? So, my proposal is to keep anything pertaining to Tenerife on a serious level and everything else as it is.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 10:11

It has been said that this should be discussed via pm with the powers that be, however I think many of us have tried this avenue before and failed...

When I logged on yesterday and looked at my posts since last visit none of them had any relevance to Tenerife. I agree that it is nice to get a balance, jokes, sport etc. The international news thread is good as there are some bits that I have read first on here. If a member does not want to read it they don't have to. Some threads should be left as serious and if you cannot make a valid contribution don't say something for the sake of saying it. (People are doing that a lot lately)

Yes TD it is very traditional for Brits to talk about the weather and probably one of the most annoying things about them lol! Perhaps good morning folks, what's the weather like in Tenerife today, rather than the doom and gloom of it's raining in Bristol and I can't take the dog out Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 878948377
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 11:00

Cruella de Vil wrote:It has been said that this should be discussed via pm with the powers that be, however I think many of us have tried this avenue before and failed...

When I logged on yesterday and looked at my posts since last visit none of them had any relevance to Tenerife. I agree that it is nice to get a balance, jokes, sport etc. The international news thread is good as there are some bits that I have read first on here. If a member does not want to read it they don't have to. Some threads should be left as serious and if you cannot make a valid contribution don't say something for the sake of saying it. (People are doing that a lot lately)

Yes TD it is very traditional for Brits to talk about the weather and probably one of the most annoying things about them lol! Perhaps good morning folks, what's the weather like in Tenerife today, rather than the doom and gloom of it's raining in Bristol and I can't take the dog out Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 878948377
    As I see it we all have the option to post to Tenerife posts, but not many are bothering. If you look they are a little off topic but not that bad.
    It wasn't me but Reg that said about the weather.
    My biggest gripe yesterday was people were referring to posts been utter shite, that means all of you are a bunch of shite posting ignoramuses, which is not true.
    You do need some shite as that makes a forum and makes it fun, plus gets some interest at times.
    I think 3D posted a very sensible comment, does it matter if we are the same as the others, no, we want to be different.
    We do want and need more peeps but in reality we have done far better than others, as they have taken ages to build.
    Yes Nem does have some good ideas and wants to move us up the rankings, which is great, but at what cost?
    It has actually moved us down the rankings so far, which I understand the logistics to this, but whilst all joining many other places to help along, we are not concentrating on here.
    I have started some Tenerife threads and just re-ignited some older ones, how about joining in, instead of moaning about nothing to do with Tenerife.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:11

OK, tried to hold my tongue on this one but when someone call me “old” that’s it...

I view myself as a lurker, in my intro I more or less stated that, I also stated I viewed all the Tenerife forums (daily), on the other two forums I have posted 45 and 18 times, on this one 1128, that’s because its shite.

Being constructive, one thing that is annoying about this foum apart from the twats on it is its format, in that once you log in and see “posts from last visit”, if you log out say to visit another forum,,, when you log back in you have no history of the past unlike “other places”, I know this has been commented on before and is probably out with the forums hands to do anything about, but it is annoying and must be off-putting especially for an newcomer unfamiliar with the site, as it still annoys me if I unintentionally lose all recent posts and have to search for them, most newbie’s would just give up.

That said zzz

Yours, looking for a bun fight.

Adam

NEMESI5

Post by NEMESI5 Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:22

Topdog wrote:
    Yes Nem does have some good ideas and wants to move us up the rankings, which is great, but at what cost?
    It has actually moved us down the rankings so far, which I understand the logistics to this, but whilst all joining many other places to help along, we are not concentrating on here.

How ungrateful, you're beginning to sound like a pisshead TD
    If you bothered to read my emails and actually tried to comprehend what I write, you would realise that I have already stated that.
    At what cosr? No ambition, just another wannabe like the rest of them.

I've had enough of this crap mate. Jack off.

Cheers.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:38

Cruella de Vil wrote:I must say that if I was a prospective member then I would be reluctant to join this forum! There is very little interest in what is going on here in Tenerife by it's current members. Gypsy posts news articles and reviews frequently and gets very little response. The good morning thread is nothing but a uk weather thread and saying happy birthday to people that have never posted has no appeal to me at all.

Yesterday I wanted to post about the weather here in Tenerife so went to the weather section as I did not want to start a new thread. There I saw two sticky threads for weather in the uk??? WTF is that all about eh? I decided to tag my photo of the calima which started in Marakesh onto an existing weather thread for Tenerife. The only response I got was something about a vaccume cleaner being emptied!

Do you realy think that any prospective member would join this forum to learn about the uk weather?? I somehow don't think so. To be honest they and neither do I give a toss. When I'm flying over to the uk that is the only time I'm interested about the weather there, and likewise people who are looking to come to Tenerife surely are interested about the weather HERE.

I am a member of a facebook group related to where I come from and that is where I have been for the past few weeks as they talk about just that! Memories of our childhood, share photos and experiences, looking for old school friends etc. Yes we do have a laugh but we all have something in common and everyone responds to the topics posted.

I hope this does not sound harsh but if you want to compete with others and move up in the google search then show an interest in what is going on in Tenerife, as to what is going on in the uk!!

Lots of luv Cru Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 4248600970

If you want to discuss nothing but Tenerife and don't like how things are done there are other forums about Tenerife.

This forum's name says exactly what it is for - FUN.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:45

But Bob, you only post on the sport Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 3275847336
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 16:47

BobMac wrote:

If you want to discuss nothing but Tenerife and don't like how things are done there are other forums about Tenerife.

This forum's name says exactly what it is for - FUN.

Please read ALL of my posts before you comment like this Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 294053457
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 17:18

I like the crack on here as I do on my site too its similar.

We do have seperate sections and maybe one would be good on here as well. We have accommodation review section, resort review section and help section all in there own section if you know what I mean lol. Maybe add something like that and everytime someone goes over there they can take photos and do these seperate reviews to help others.

We have these for Tenerife as well within the spanish resorts sections and Im sure we wouldnt mind sharing a few of them on your site until you get up and running with them or you could use ours with a link if you like Im easy.

Or should I Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 1293740352 lol.

We also have a weather section but its for all over the world TBH and not just for Mallorca but we dont have alot of members that live over there so really its just members that or on holiday that let us know about the weather.

If you need any ideas then feel free to look at the way I set ours up or ask away its not a problem.
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 17:27

Gypsy wrote:But Bob, you only post on the sport Is this a forum about Tenerife?? - Page 2 3275847336

Pardon

I'm mainly active on the Rangers thread at the moment but I have posts in several other threads - Jokes, Fate of Euro, and others

Last edited by BobMac on Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 17:36; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 12:30