Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes...

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... Empty DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes...

Post by Adam Mint Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 13:25

Not at home on my normal computer, using a friends I Pad at moment and don't know how to copy/paste on it, but just read an item on the BBC News site about seven DVLA workers being suspended for jokes/comments they made on social websites while "away" from work !
    DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... 878948377
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... Empty Re: DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes...

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 13:44

Adam Mint wrote:Not at home on my normal computer, using a friends I Pad at moment and don't know how to copy/paste on it, but just read an item on the BBC News site about seven DVLA workers being suspended for jokes/comments they made on social websites while "away" from work !

Here's the Link
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... Empty Re: DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes...

Post by Adam Mint Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 14:01

Yeh thats the one LR, thanks, but am I reading it right, does it mean, let's say you, LR, could get sacked for a comment you make on here ???
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 14:05

I don't know if they are sure they were on shift or not, or if they were off-shift were they using the company computers? It's all a bit vague just now. They are "suspended" and not sacked yet though.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 14:13

Below is a paragraph from the article:-

But the staff are thought to have posted the remarks outside work and were later reported to management

By the way what is your bosses name?
    DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... 2839888827
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 14:16

Adam Mint wrote:Below is a paragraph from the article:-

But the staff are thought to have posted the remarks outside work and were later reported to management

By the way what is your bosses name?
    DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... 2839888827

Topdog... DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... 4226408756I don't know if they mean outside working hours or when they were actually at home. No doubt it will all come out in the wash.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:49

Oops, I should make it clear here that Sergei is in fact a puppet and doesnt in fact work for any Government agency. Fact. DVLA suspend workers for web site jokes... 1554180325
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:01

They're making up these "Social network" laws as they go along. There'll be some massive compensation claims in years to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 3 May 2024 - 0:11