Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Adam Mint
Gypsy
Campbell Brodie
7 posters

England to start charging for plastic bags...

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

England to start charging for plastic bags... Empty England to start charging for plastic bags...

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 9:18

5p for a plastic bag which will begin after the 2015 election. Money collected will go to charities...BBC News
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

England to start charging for plastic bags... Empty Re: England to start charging for plastic bags...

Post by Gypsy Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 10:06

I thought the supermarkets charged anyway
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

England to start charging for plastic bags... Empty Re: England to start charging for plastic bags...

Post by Adam Mint Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 12:56

Tax, it's just another tax...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 16:12

nah, proceeds have to go to charities...England to start charging for plastic bags... 294053457 
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 19:52

Quite a few shops charge for bags already here. I don't mind so long as they are not really thin plastic ones that rip and cut your hands

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 1:10

The Lone Ranger wrote:nah, proceeds have to go to charities...England to start charging for plastic bags... 294053457 
    Get decent governments on the planet and there would be no need for charity, robbing fat bast^rds rob the shit out of us then spend it on themselves, when they sort it it out there would be no need for charity, I find it hard to give, but if you can get a job as a charity cause director on £60 to a £100 grand a year, you must look as if you care,,, Fu#k Off...

England to start charging for plastic bags... 3417148095 

Example, until this year when money got really tight Manchester Council supported "Gay Pride",  a bunch of poofs and lesbos wanting a good time, I've no prob with that, BUT WHY THE FECK SHOULD I PAY FOR IT...

End off..............................
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 2:49

Going back on topic, I have to say that since the charge came in to Ireland EIGHT (8) years ago, it has been  a huge success. Our litter problem has been reduced considerably ( at least 50%)
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 3:28

Don't disagree with you, but just make it the law,,, don't piss around,, problem is decades away, what the fu#k they gonna do with all the feckin bags I got in the cupboard....................

They're  just delaying the inevitable, plastic wins...

mmmm, think there may be a future,,, the don't put beer in plastic..

Must be the future,,,

England to start charging for plastic bags... 1483819851  hic...
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 10:33

My mate Gaz has got one of those plastic blow up girlfriends, its the future.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 15 Sep 2013 - 11:05

Open fires, Cheap free heating, less rubbish to get rid of, And the greatest idea of all - no bags at the tills, take your own Roy Cropper style bags, if you dont you struggle to carry all the tins etc you just bought, I believe you will only forget once,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 12:29