Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Algarve trip No 2

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Algarve trip No 2 Empty Algarve trip No 2

Post by searcher Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 16:15

On our last visit to the Algarve we promised we would return as we liked it so much, this time we visited Vilamoura which is not far from where we stayed the last time ,
    The hotel is one of the old style hotels found on the peninsula and cities like Santa Cruz or Las Palmas in the Canaries, quite dark when you enter with lots of greenery and huge potted plants everywhere, the reception staff were wonderful and nothing was a problem, our room was quite big but part of it was taken up by the balcony which looked as if it had been added as an after thought, but it worked out fine, the whole place was spotless and the beds were great firm and supportive with quality bed linen and towels,

We stayed half board and the food was fine ,not a great choice of main courses but the food that was there was very good always hot and replenished often, the restaurant manager Luis was fantastic he always found time to speak to everyone and he is a true gentleman of the old school

Vilamoura is really quite small which suited us as Val was limited in her walking abilities, the hotel was near the beach ,marina and all the bars and restaurants, away from the marina prices were very good 2 euro 20 for a pint of local brews 3-50 euro for Guinness etc snacks for lunch were really good value I.E. a huge steak sandwich and salad 3-50 euro ham and cheese toastie 2-50 euro but again they are huge the bread is fantastic ,we ate lunch mainly in the local bakeries/ cafes which are scattered around the resort and found we always got really good value for money.

The big question !will we go back? of course we will especially when we receive our discount card  Hi
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Algarve trip No 2 Empty Re: Algarve trip No 2

Post by Gypsy Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 18:51

Sounds lovely, I just keep adding to my wish list.    Algarve trip No 2 294053457   

But how much is the daily allowance from an ATM   Algarve trip No 2 2485877773  Algarve trip No 2 2485877773
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 20:10

Glad you enjoyed it Searcher! Great review!  Algarve trip No 2 294053457 
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 20:10

Did it look as if I was narked??? he obviously didn't read the O.P.
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 20:21

Learned a lot about Portugal on this trip, mainly about their hatred of the Spanish, it is not just banter like we have between Scots and English they really detest the Spanish and it has nothing to do with football, their language is quite odd and if you try and get away with a word or two of Spanish like for example pequeno  which has stress on the n they go mad and insist you must not put stress on the n and they take it very seriously , funny lot but they are lovely towards us Brits
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 10:17

Fancied the Algarve for a while now after seeing friends photos.

Thanks for the review  Algarve trip No 2 3318427985
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 17:45

searcher wrote:Learned a lot about Portugal on this trip, mainly about their hatred of the Spanish, it is not just banter like we have between Scots and English they really detest the Spanish and it has nothing to do with football, their language is quite odd and if you try and get away with a word or two of Spanish like for example pequeno  which has stress on the n they go mad and insist you must not put stress on the n and they take it very seriously , funny lot but they are lovely towards us Brits

¿qué? ... "Quote":- "it is not just banter like we have between Scots and English"...

This from a Alex Salmond arse licking jock,,, to quote an Englishman, " I don't believe it"...

I  Algarve trip No 2 3561243520  ...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 17:57

Daryn wrote:Fancied the Algarve for a while now after seeing friends photos.

Thanks for the review  Algarve trip No 2 3318427985

Place didnt do it for me, Tenerife.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 18:12

I've been to Portugal 3 times twice to Lisbon second time to confirm I didn´t like it the first time around and once to Algarve we were in Albufeira so that could explain why I thought it was Blackpool.  Vilamoura could be worth a look though I think I have similar taste to B & V so might take a short break.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 18:25

Done the Algarve one end to the other, was on a house hunting trip, based near Albufeira, some nice properties but miles from anything, plus they have a winter...

Algarve trip No 2 1498946960 
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 20:25

Adam Mint wrote:
    searcher wrote:Learned a lot about Portugal on this trip, mainly about their hatred of the Spanish, it is not just banter like we have between Scots and English they really detest the Spanish and it has nothing to do with football, their language is quite odd and if you try and get away with a word or two of Spanish like for example pequeno  which has stress on the n they go mad and insist you must not put stress on the n and they take it very seriously , funny lot but they are lovely towards us Brits

¿qué? ... "Quote":- "it is not just banter like we have between Scots and English"...

This from a Alex Salmond arse licking jock,,, to quote an Englishman, " I don't believe it"...

I  Algarve trip No 2 3561243520 
    ...pissed again then
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:01

What you mean again,  I  only got pissed once to get on the plane here as I dont like flying , since then I' ve only had the occasional drink to keep me topped up for the return journey...
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:57

Knew that!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 1:15