Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Mcqueen
searcher
6 posters

LANZAROTE TRIP

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

LANZAROTE TRIP Empty LANZAROTE TRIP

Post by searcher Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:22

I don't think that I've mentioned this trip before so here goes.

My brother in law had never visited Lanzarote before so Val and I really hoped they would enjoy our trip, well all went well until we reached our hotel, La Geria on Los Pocillos beach , we presented ourselves at reception and told them we had a reservation, " yes you have announced the head receptionist but we have no rooms for you at this moment as we are full"[ lots of jokes about this happening to better folk than us] but they had taken the liberty of booking us into the San Antonio hotel a few hundred yards along the prom with the option to stay there if we so wished, so of we went on our travels courtesy of a taxi provided by the hotel.
    On arrival at the San Antonio the reception staff were expecting us and we were quickly checked in to our rooms which were overlooking the gardens and the beach.
    For those who don't know Puerto Del Carmen the San Antonio is a bit like the Bitacora in P.D.L.A. very British ,e.g we arrived on Sunday and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was on for lunch , the hotel is spotless and the food is fairly good but the best thing about this place is the entertainment, they have various acts on each night from 20-00hrs till 2359hrs and every act we saw was great, the rooms as usual were a bit tired but very nice.
    On the second day we held a meeting to decide if we should go to La Geria or stay where we were, we decided that as La Geria was our original choice we should go back there and see what it was like, so we informed everyone concerned of our decision and left the next morning.
    On arriving back at La Geria we were treated like royalty champagne flowers etc and lovely modern rooms overlooking the pool, I must just add that the head receptionist Rita is the best that we have ever encountered, nothing was a problem ,
    La Geria is a very modern hotel with a very cosmopolitan clientele ,lots of German, Swiss and French to name just a few who were there, un fortunately this was reflected in the nightly entertainment which was not very good,
    If asked which hotel would we return to we would all say the San Antonio, but both are very good in their own ways
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

LANZAROTE TRIP Empty Re: LANZAROTE TRIP

Post by Mcqueen Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:39

LANZAROTE TRIP 3318427985  LANZAROTE TRIP 294053457 
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:39

Nice wee review Searcher! LANZAROTE TRIP 294053457 
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:56

Is the resort nice, we have booked in there for next year with our kids and heard very mixed reviews about what is available to see and do.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 19:00

Lots of very glitzy contemporary asian restaurants sitting side by side with the likes of Linikers. The old town is lovely ( down near the harbour). Very busy spot. Not for me but then again what do i know??
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:04

Gypsy wrote:Is the resort nice, we have booked in there for next year with our kids and heard very mixed reviews about what is available to see and do.
    It depends on what you mean by "nice" it is what it is a custom built holiday resort, if you want "nice" you have to travel to find it.
    we love Arrecife which is 5 minutes drive away but there are lots of lovely villages around the island and the usual national parks I would say driving is a must here as the buses are nowhere as good as T.I.T.S.A. but taxis are cheap but grumpy when it is a short journey
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 23:12

Thanks S, we will be taking the car so planning on travelling around, just wondered if there was much to do in the resorts but if it is just more LC or LA then we will be driving.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 23:56

It is a great review, We found the resort ok but a lot of glitz and more Pr's than punters

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 1:37