Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+10
innit
Topdog
Perfectspecimen
zdeekie
Adam Mint
3rdforum
searcher
Campbell Brodie
Mermaid
Mcqueen
14 posters

What are you doing today??

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 Empty Re: What are you doing today??

Post by Adam Mint Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 14:43

Well today Mathew I have purpose to drink and gamble, one of the pubs in our pool league which is situated just up the road from the Arena (not the snooker club just across the road from it) is putting on a fundraising day for the Manchester bomb victims, actually started at twelve o'clock but that's a bit early for me, DJ on all afternoon then a live singer tonight, pool and darts teams are putting on competitions all day, plan is you pay to enter competitions with half the money going to the winner the other half the fund, lot of donated stuff being raffled off as well, brewery that own pub (Holts) are putting on food plus have put up some of the raffle prizes, it's actually same pub as I watched football in and played pool with mates in yesterday so a bit same as same as,,, but with music and totty today...

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 1460810463  What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 1460810463
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 16:25

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 294053457 Sounds good...as long as you don't have work next day. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 0:27

Work,,, DOH...

Just home, good day, DJ played some crap but evening singer was brill, done a bit of everything, pool competitions consistent of normal games where if you won or lost you had to donate cash in to the jar, plus if you played a shit shot you had to contribute,,, I'm saying nothing...
    Then we started playing "Killer" a pool knockout competition, about twenty of us, so at two quid a head that was about forty quid a game in the jar, deal was winner gets a tenner the rest to the fund, no one took their winnings,,, plus people taking part just kept putting coins/notes in the pool table jar...

Someone donated for auction a Manchesrer United day out, tickets for two for first match of season, transport to match and back, meal, drinks etc, value put on it was £250, auction started at £80, it went for £160...

We ain't made millions for the fund, but it's a bit, I actually don't believe in charity, we live in a rich country and there should be no need for it, plus the directors of these so called charities taking mega salaries pisses me off...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 7:37

Fail to plan plan to fail, so today i'm planning future projects,
    then after tea and toast and a scan of the paper i will burst in to action Dancing
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 8:43

Good at planning me, failing to carry them out is my downfall. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 16:25

Today Mathew I've been reading this:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When we made to order a taxi last night to head home from the pub fundraising event we had great difficulty being given long wait times, one cab company told us it was because the trams weren't running and the Park Life music festival was coming out, after a long wait our cab arrived, leaving the pub the pavements were just full of people heading towards town, pub is located near to Victoria Station on the main road leading to Heaton Park where the festival was held. Strange thing, I had gone to our event mid afternoon, Annie was going out with her friend in the evening, they decided to come to fundraising event, if they had not I would have just got tram home and would have been heading Victoria Station to catch it... Getting a bit concerned about that Victoria Station, it was actually in the station the bomb went off, you can see the damaged area from the tram platforms, then that nutter on the tram the other night thumping me on the leg and ranting in my face, now someone pushing somebody in front of a tram,,, mmmm where's that bus timetable...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 20:03

Perfectspecimen wrote:Good at planning me, failing to carry them out is my downfall. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 15:16

Went for an MOT and the gaffer said hang about Reg i'll do it while you wait,so off i went down the reception and Jonda said hey Reg an old kid has a Mercedes 500 that has been stood in his Garage for 5 years and he wants shut of it, lovely i thought, It was in walking distance so off i went, had a look and made him an offer, the guy passed out as usual What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2419626307 I said so i start it up and the exhaust falls off, then all the brakes are stuck on, I'm not too bothered to tell you the truth i have enough on at the moment and who the feck wants a V8 petrol car anyway,
    he said he would ring me later which he will so i set off back to the garage, I came up the the exit of the DIY place and a pick up was waiting to pull out, I saw him look at me and i looked at him so he knew i was there, anyway i set off across and the kent knocked me down, as i was sliding down his bonnet i thought what a shame it isnt a call centre i could go for an Oscor and early retirement, the poor lad was shaking as he pulled me out from under his truck, Oh i'm sorry i forgot all about you and saw a gap and went for it, you dont say pal look at my second best work shirt its torn and sullied What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 Look i'm alright get yourself off, ars you sure he said, yes yes go man i'l be ok once the blood clears out of my eyes laying it on thick, i was more shocked for for crossing but you know whats its like when you busy busy,  What are you doing today?? - Page 31 1498946960
    I'm hurting now and will be bruised in the morning but it could have been worse, silly boy
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 18:40

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 1498946960 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 0:16

Bottom line, old twat walks in front truck...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 0:41

Well today Mathew (well technically yesterday) it was Thursday night quiz night, my mates other half was quiz mistress so only left two of is in team, as Gary didn't turn up (again), so we think we're fecked, we won by 10 points,,, so that was a free round, then the raffle, three of us in it my mate his other half and me, won £140 between the three of us..........

Pool bunch night out tomorrow, Bellview Dogs, so there's my gambling money...

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 12:25

Friggin hell reg dont go damaging someones truck
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 14:15

My god Reg you were lucky ,glad alls ok x
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 17:51

Good job it was a truck, plenty of room underneath   What are you doing today?? - Page 31 1498946960 near do for sure  What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2419626307
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 23:00

Hope the bruises are not too bad Reg
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 23:35

This evening I called round to a house to get a list of what colour paint they want for me to paint the interior. The husband asked if I would paint a couple of walls in addition to what we already agreed. "No problem" I said. "How much" he asked? I told him I would do them for nowt as they are just being paint white and I am doing the ceiling of the room anyway. When I was leaving, he asked if I had scaffolding???? "Yes" I replied, "and a small cherrypicker". Can't say too much more but he gave me the heads up on the expected cost and time frame if I wanted to put in a bid to paint the exterior of a well known building in the city. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 294053457
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 1:10

Quality...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 2:18

Grenfell House in London needs a bit of painting. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 Might need more than a cherry picker though. When it came on the news it said it was in Latimer Road. Now this rang a bell, yep, Stamford House in same road, home for wayward boys and girls in the 70s. Been there! 
    What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2839888827
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 7:00

Mermaid wrote:Hope the bruises are not too bad Reg
    Not bad thanks, funny how people poke you in the wrong spot especially Lexie to see if it hurts  What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2419626307
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 21:36

Adam Mint wrote:Well today Mathew (well technically yesterday) it was Thursday night quiz night, my mates other half was quiz mistress so only left two of is in team, as Gary didn't turn up (again), so we think we're fecked, we won by 10 points,,, so that was a free round, then the raffle, three of us in it my mate his other half and me, won £140 between the three of us..........

Pool bunch night out tomorrow, Bellview Dogs, so there's my gambling money...

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2472758156

Well last night, The Dogs, we ain't done it for a couple of years, Bellview dogs track do a deal, one of the lads organised this for us, you pay two pounds to get in, but for that you get race program and a voucher for a pint, after that's spent they're asking £4:30 for a basic lager,,, so  there's two mini busses and a taxi load of us, second mini bus to leave pub arrives first, confusion.com,,, would seem the first mini bus went to the New Bellview Speedway Stadum,,, lads only found out when the tried to get in with Bellview dogs track vouchers,,, first laugh of the night...

What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739 What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739

Unfortunatly second laugh of the night was on me,,,  odds on a straight win at the dogs are shit 2 to 1, 3 to 1 etc, best price I saw was 7 to 1 but that was a oddball, best bet is a combination trio, you pick three out of the six dogs in each race, if the three come up in the first three in any order you win, win pay out is based on the starting price of each race, for a £6 bet the winnings ranged between £513 and £30 on the night, I'd made my mind up its dogs in trap 1, 2 and 4, statistics say that's good,,,,,,,,,, so first two races I've managed to pick the last three dogs Arghhhhhhhh, third race they come in, I'm going mental, wining price comes up on screen £66 a bit disappointing but it's a win, mate picks up my betting ticket off table and says you ain't won, I say yes I have 1, 2 and 4, he says your on 1, 3 and 4,,, Arghhhh again, silly English woman at betting desk didn't understand Scottish.................
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 23:20

Done very little, too bloody hot today and no wind. Bed time now, on it not in it. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Jun 2017 - 8:44

Getting the pool out and filling it up for the kids, then i'm a shade tree mechanic for a few hours,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Jun 2017 - 9:08

I've got a click and collect mission to Debenhams for a pair of natty shoes for me hols. Might be a bit of a disaster. I went into Debs yesterday and saw a pair that caught my eye, had a good look and saw 20% off as well, size 7 too. Put them down while I thought about it for a mo and some fecker picked them up! These shoes are on a shelf where they are the only ones available. Guy tried them on saying he's usually a size 8, but they fitted perfectly! What are you doing today?? - Page 31 2681204924 Salesman says I can order a pair for tomorrow for you online, go for it says I. Gets screen up on computer...only size 6 or 10 left. I says that last guy was an 8 and a 7 fitted him. I'm a 7, lets try the 6s. Can I get my money back if they don't fit? Certainly sir! Good enough, I'll nip up later today and try them on... What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 0:21

While youre there see if there are any woolly hats on special offer. What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739  Size 8. Does this mean you are going abroad to sunny climes? Been upside down cutting 4 inch holes through mahogany ply to fit exhaust system on new boet, thats a spelling mistake but if youre a Geordie you will get it. I thought I had purchased everything I need for it but no, it needs a big FAN! Jeez its hot in there when theres no wind.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 20:07

Mental day i've had   What are you doing today?? - Page 31 1498946960 a lesser man would have been in hospital on a drip,
    was at the docs for result of last weeks blood test the new young doc had me doing, it was to see what if anything was going on with how i have been feeling of late, well the stupid git got my diabetic results that we didnt need yet and feck all we did need, my usual doc just stared at his screen in disbelief, sorry Reg we will have to start again, but on a good note my diabetes is well under control, so when i got home i had 3 hob nobs to celebrate  What are you doing today?? - Page 31 3025408739
    I'm booked in for blood taking tomoro and a double appointment for needle in my shoulder, thats why i havnt been sleeping well ? he said ?. in a week, I'm sure they know what they are doing maybe ish

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 11:49