Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
3rdforum
cunningham
Campbell Brodie
Mcqueen
8 posters

TD on the rock

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

TD on the rock Empty TD on the rock

Post by Mcqueen Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 19:56

Mary has landed, I asked if it was raining, No reply yet, He will be watching cases going round, I let Janet do that, Cant see him getting away with that one, She shouts and he jumps, Big girls blouse,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

TD on the rock Empty Re: TD on the rock

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 20:00

He'll be off to get a car hired and let Jan get the cases. Time & Motion innit...
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 20:05

Lone Ranger wrote:He'll be off to get a car hired and let Jan get the cases. Time & Motion innit...
    has he got his laptop in his case , or is the arse going to drop out of the post count for a few weeks?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 20:08

cunningham wrote:
    Lone Ranger wrote:He'll be off to get a car hired and let Jan get the cases. Time & Motion innit...
    has he got his laptop in his case , or is the arse going to drop out of the post count for a few weeks?

Dunno mate. Has Reg got wifi in his gaff?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 20:15

TRG has Wi Fi TD on the rock 871748619, Kev hasent been posting much since he got binned at work, So it wont make a differance,
    Been busy carving out a living on fleabay with the rest of the great unemployed, TD on the rock 1498946960,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 20:48

I'm sure he will have a better time than us as he knows the owner. I've already enquired about a villa in Lanzarote for next year. Only 40 quid dearer than the sweatbox we got in Los Gig and has air con and a private pool.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 21:23

Tell us all the gory details D, we haven´t heard why you had a bad holiday. Mind I'm not surprised there is sod all to do in LG these days.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 21:29

Kev says 30dg, Just brushing his pony tail then he's out, TD on the rock 1498946960 , I asked if he would clean the windows, He told me to blox TD on the rock 3275847336, Strange lad,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 1 Aug 2012 - 22:18

Gypsy wrote:Tell us all the gory details D, we haven´t heard why you had a bad holiday. Mind I'm not surprised there is sod all to do in LG these days.

I thought I mentioned it before, no?? Anyway, it started with flight delay of 2 hours. Then when we got to the apartment at 2.00am, the welcome pack we ordered wasn't there, so the kids had nothing to eat for 18 hours. The following night we found our first cockroach. We thought it was our fault because we left the patio doors open ( the resident lizard got in, we had great fun chasing him out again!). More cockroaches the following night. Decided to clean the apartment from top to bottom with bleach to try to get rid of them. Found several more bodies under various bits of furniture ( obviously, the cleaner hadn't moved anything when mopping the floor). Called the agent, who in fairness sent a guy round within an hour to spray around all the skirtings. He said we could well find more dead ones over the next few days, but that was a sign of the spray working. He was right! We found some for the next 3 nights, including dying ones on the terrace, which meant that they were coming in contact with the spray inside and getting out onto the balcony somehow. We put up with all this until the baby ones started appearing. I rang the agent and told her we were moving into whatever hotel had a vacancy. She had a friend whose apartment was empty and we moved there ( Pity there was only 2 days left of the holiday). It was stunning. Much nicer ( and cooler even though it too didn't have any air con). The original apartment was sweltering at night even with windows wide open.
    It was horrible. Every night I had to "sweep" the apartment looking for cockroaches. We were then afraid some of the baby ones got into our suitcases so all the clothes had to be washed and the cases sprayed. On talking to some of our neighbours, they told me that it wasn't the first time this apartment had to be fumigated because of a cockroach outbreak.
    Finally, upon landing back home, the battery in our car was completely flat and had to call out the airport services ( who took over an hour to get us sorted).
    Did I mention the ants in the apartment? They got into every bit of food, cereal, chocolate and even the fridge. We ended up being unable to eat in the apartment proper and resorted to eating all food on the terrace. By the time the second week came, we only kept water & milk in the apartment and ate out for breakfast and lunch.

All in all, I came back more stressed and definitely exhausted following our two weeks of "chillin". And to top everything off, we even managed to miss you in Route 66!
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 8:11

3rdforum wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:Tell us all the gory details D, we haven´t heard why you had a bad holiday. Mind I'm not surprised there is sod all to do in LG these days.

I thought I mentioned it before, no?? Anyway, it started with flight delay of 2 hours. Then when we got to the apartment at 2.00am, the welcome pack we ordered wasn't there, so the kids had nothing to eat for 18 hours. The following night we found our first cockroach. We thought it was our fault because we left the patio doors open ( the resident lizard got in, we had great fun chasing him out again!). More cockroaches the following night. Decided to clean the apartment from top to bottom with bleach to try to get rid of them. Found several more bodies under various bits of furniture ( obviously, the cleaner hadn't moved anything when mopping the floor). Called the agent, who in fairness sent a guy round within an hour to spray around all the skirtings. He said we could well find more dead ones over the next few days, but that was a sign of the spray working. He was right! We found some for the next 3 nights, including dying ones on the terrace, which meant that they were coming in contact with the spray inside and getting out onto the balcony somehow. We put up with all this until the baby ones started appearing. I rang the agent and told her we were moving into whatever hotel had a vacancy. She had a friend whose apartment was empty and we moved there ( Pity there was only 2 days left of the holiday). It was stunning. Much nicer ( and cooler even though it too didn't have any air con). The original apartment was sweltering at night even with windows wide open.
    It was horrible. Every night I had to "sweep" the apartment looking for cockroaches. We were then afraid some of the baby ones got into our suitcases so all the clothes had to be washed and the cases sprayed. On talking to some of our neighbours, they told me that it wasn't the first time this apartment had to be fumigated because of a cockroach outbreak.
    Finally, upon landing back home, the battery in our car was completely flat and had to call out the airport services ( who took over an hour to get us sorted).
    Did I mention the ants in the apartment? They got into every bit of food, cereal, chocolate and even the fridge. We ended up being unable to eat in the apartment proper and resorted to eating all food on the terrace. By the time the second week came, we only kept water & milk in the apartment and ate out for breakfast and lunch.

All in all, I came back more stressed and definitely exhausted following our two weeks of "chillin". And to top everything off, we even managed to miss you in Route 66!

A holiday from hell by the sound of it.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 8:16

But apart from that not a bad break TD on the rock 577704309 TD on the rock 16779677 TD on the rock 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 8:21

Mary went for a crepe last night (Think i spelled that right), Said the first 4 pints didnt touch the sides, i would be unconcious after 2, Seemed jolly enough though, Well you cant really be othrwise can you ? (Dermot) TD on the rock 16779677
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 9:04

Mcqueen wrote:Mary went for a crepe last night (Think i spelled that right), Said the first 4 pints didnt touch the sides, i would be unconcious after 2, Seemed jolly enough though, Well you cant really be othrwise can you ? (Dermot) TD on the rock 16779677
    lets hope he doesnt crepe through the eye of a neadle this morning eh?TD on the rock 3025408739 TD on the rock 1293356558
    sadie.16
    sadie.16

UK Female Posts : 8

Post by sadie.16 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 12:53

I can reassure you all that kev has his laptop with him! And no doubt will be commenting on here at some point to make us all more jealous!! Oh well hopefully be getting some good news whilst he's there and then it won't be long til me and my family will be in the sunshine for good!!

:D
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 14:33

That is good news Sadie. I hope your lovely Amelia is keeping cool in the heat. I have my fingers crossed that everything goes really well for you and your family. Keep TD on his toes TD on the rock 3025408739
    sadie.16
    sadie.16

Post by sadie.16 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 15:35

Unfortunately Amelia and I are not in Tenerife, just kev and jan have gone over this time, but on my partners behalf to find out more info, have my fingers and toes crossed haha :)
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 16:27

sadie.16 wrote:Unfortunately Amelia and I are not in Tenerife, just kev and jan have gone over this time, but on my partners behalf to find out more info, have my fingers and toes crossed haha :)

Sorry I just thought you all had gone. Kev will be very busy finding stuff out for you. You must be so excited.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 20:51

Very decent of Kev and Jan to go to Tenerife just to help you out Sadie!
    sadie.16
    sadie.16

Post by sadie.16 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 20:56

I know!! I appreciate it very much, Although it's such a chore having a week of beautiful sunshine and away from this place!! I'm very jealous! Anyway it's not just for me it's for everybody in a way.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 21:02

I'l second that, I have him doing things for me too, TD on the rock 3025408739 Poor bugger wont have two minutes
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 7:24

Mcqueen wrote:I'l second that, I have him doing things for me too, TD on the rock 3025408739 Poor bugger wont have two minutes

So you have got TD doing your DIY for you TD on the rock 2485877773
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 9:39

Not quite DIY, But a bit of Running about TD on the rock 4226408756
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 14:29

Mcqueen wrote:Not quite DIY, But a bit of Running about TD on the rock 4226408756

I thought he was bragging he had hurt his leg trying to get fit so I think he will not be doing much running about.TD on the rock 1498946960
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 14:39

he will be hobbling
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 8:27

Message from Kev, "Sat outside listening to the waves having a coffee, Cold 22dg, 8am, TD on the rock 16779677 Bassa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 14:28