Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+17
Hayzer
Mozzie
innit
Blyth Spirit
searcher
Adam Mint
Elle1971
Mischief Maker
cunningham
Perfectspecimen
Topdog
3rdforum
Gypsy
Cruella de Vil
Mermaid
Campbell Brodie
Mcqueen
21 posters

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight?

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 Empty Re: What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight?

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:45

Beef strongenuff with rice...
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 Empty Re: What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight?

Post by Topdog Wed 1 May 2013 - 7:43

We had Chinese, Masher and Emily came over with Josh and Borat turned up (that is Gaz, who some have met). Really good and me and Borat grabbed a pint in the local.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Wed 1 May 2013 - 20:19

As promised earlier, the weekends food and drink binge, weekend lately has consisted of Friday takeaway, Saturday eat out, Sunday cook something if not going out, decision was made to have something traditional this weekend:-

Friday.
    She’s in charge, being of Irish decent she had often spoke of bacon ribs, cabbage and mash being part of her staple diet as a kid, so... Rack of a dozen ribs simmered for three hours in shallots and ham stock, savoy cabbage (buttered), champ (with shallots replacing spring onions as we had some,,, simple and yummy...

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 09910

Saturday Breakfast. (Well brunch)
    Leftover champ with chopped smoked bacon hash brownies, fried tomatoes (impregnated with salt, pepper, basil, garlic and oil), fried mushrooms, and fried bread,,, bliss...

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 11510

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 12110

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 12010

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 12310

Saturday Evening.
    Starter
    Cream of ham and vegetable soup, made from the stock of the bacon ribs from Friday night, veg added, carrot, turnip, cabbage, celery, garlic and pepper, (no salt required, the bacon ribs stock sufficed), double cream, helped down with crusty bread, mmmm tasty...

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 13010

Main
    Nice and easy (From a tin or freezer, except mash, didn’t have any so it was the real thing), throw back to when we were kids, loved it, “Fray Bentos Pie”, is it me got bigger or have they got smaller, plus the pastry was always crispy on top but mushy underneath, now it’s just crusty, or is it either my mother undercooked it and I overcook it, anyway, pie, cabbage, chopped onion, sweet corn, yorkshire puddings, mash and gravy, and as yummy as if all fresh...

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 11010

Sunday Breakfast.
    Smoked bacon on toast,,, needed it quick, so simples...

(No pictures)

Sunday Evening.
    Slow cooked lamb shank, shallots, mushrooms, celery, carrot, savoy cabbage hearts and turnips, seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper, and slow cooked 8 hours in a mix of veg and chicken stock. Once cooked stock thickened and mint sauce added and served with yorkshire puds and a mix of boiled baby potatoes and individual pots of dauphinoise potatoes,,, yum, yum, yum.....

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 11310

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 12810

Monday Evening.
    Starter
    Still on the soup...

(See above picture if req)

Main, pork and leek sausages plus leftovers and leek cheese and garlic stuffed mushrooms,,, yum...............

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 13510

And to accompany all of the above,,, copious amounts of beer and wine,,, Hic...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 1 May 2013 - 20:28

I've been working hard all day chucking stuff out at the council tip. 3 feckin journeys I made up there and also delivered bunk beds to daughter. So, at lunch time I took us to a restaurant for lunch and Mermaid had Cajun chicken. I had Penne pasta Napoli with added chicken, then I had a banoffee pie with ice cream. Mermaid had another coffee for dessert. Tonight after, going to Asda for messages, I said we'd go to the chippy so Mermaid only wanted chips and I had a haggis supper (Haggis with chips that means). Washed down with a tin of coke. Not at all healthy but I could care less... What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 294053457
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 1 May 2013 - 20:33

Heathen, no wine...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 1 May 2013 - 20:51

Adam, that all looks nice,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 1 May 2013 - 21:06

And not a chic ken anywhere Reg. What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 2419626307
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Wed 1 May 2013 - 21:25

Can we have next weeks previews plzz Adam? :dance1:
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 1 May 2013 - 21:30

Bassas, all I had was a cheese sandwich What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 1 May 2013 - 21:36

3rdforum wrote:Bassas, all I had was a cheese sandwich What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 1498946960

You should have put some Branston pickle on it...nice.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 1 May 2013 - 21:55

Well I was going to make savoury mince pancake rolls but I accidentally put too much pepper in the mixture, hmmm. What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 878948377
    So I bulked it up with a can of beans some mushrooms and chilli so its now chilli con carne..... What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 1 May 2013 - 22:06

Egg sausage beans, not a fecking chic ken in sight, irish pete was staying for tea, What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 3275847336
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 1 May 2013 - 23:42

You meals look good Adam.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 2 May 2013 - 18:14

Thank you food lovers, don’t know what’s planned for this weekend Cru, don’t normally plan it too far in advance, but as said we had decided to go traditional last weekend and had bought in accordingly, normally it’s a last minute decision, often see something on that Come Dine With Me program and think that looks yum,,, Couple of weeks back had this, and it was yum...
    Pork steaks poached in cider with cream and chopped garlic mushrooms, served with green beans, carrots, boiled baby potatoes, and copious amounts of dauphinoise potatoes, salt pepper and garlic to taste...

Plating up the dauphinoise potatoes, with the cider/cream sauce keeping warm on the side,,,
    What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 00610

Looks ok,,,
    What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 00910

Ready to go,,,
    What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 01011

Portions can look small on those plates, but they’re not, the plates are huge, so it takes a good few glasses of wine to wash down,,, Hic...

What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 2084528412
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 2 May 2013 - 18:28

And talking about Come Dine With Me, my favorite episode...
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 J110
    Yum, Yum,,,

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 2 May 2013 - 19:13

Blady hell, What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 2419626307 What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 2419626307 Fish & chips tonight from the chip shop, 8/10
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 2 May 2013 - 22:32

Just had mushroom and cheese omelette. Meat free day.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 May 2013 - 18:40

Chicken curry, couple of slice buttered bread and now finishing off with a pack of Hula hoops and a tin of coke...sophisticated me...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 3 May 2013 - 19:23

Chic ken pie, roast spuds and carrots, cauliflower peas and gravy. Fruit crumble and custard. I have some sherry to wash it down/get pissed with. You may be wondering why I am drinking sherry? Well the answer is my kids dont like it. What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 May 2013 - 19:27

Perfectspecimen wrote:Chic ken pie, roast spuds and carrots, cauliflower peas and gravy. Fruit crumble and custard. I have some sherry to wash it down/get pissed with. You may be wondering why I am drinking sherry? Well the answer is my kids dont like it. What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 3025408739

Neat trick Vince! Do you like it? What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 3 May 2013 - 19:30

At £2.99 a bottle I can live with it. lol!
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 3 May 2013 - 21:01

Meths next What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 3 May 2013 - 21:53

I used to have a little steam engine that ran on that when I was a kid. Seems like a bit of a fire hazard to me now.
    Thank god I was a sensible kid....... What Culinary Delight did you have for your tea tonight? - Page 14 755705644
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 3 May 2013 - 21:59

I remember them Vince, they used to sell them in those hobby/model shops. I could never afford one though, expensive little feckers they were. Didn't do too much either, just a little crank went up and down as a wheel went round. Hypnotic though.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 3 May 2013 - 22:12

Educational though, like Meccano and Lego.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 4:25