Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
searcher
Joel David
Mcqueen
Topdog
Gypsy
9 posters

REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos Empty REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos

Post by Gypsy Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 8:52

In a word FABULOUS

Not got time to do a review as yet (but will) have an appt in Los Cris this morning and then meeting Cru for lunch but it is worth making a special trip to eat here. Not the cheapest €120 for dinner and pudding x 4 people but quality food, quality staff and great ambiance.

Your word for the day ............

Placeres = Pleasure

Last edited by Gypsy on Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 11:16; edited 1 time in total
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos Empty Re: REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos

Post by Topdog Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 10:08

That ain't a bad price for decent fodda.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 11:17

I have just edited the title of this thread because I have now got written a review of the restaurant so thought it easier to update than add a new post.

Placeres - The Pleasure of Dining

Edit: Didn´t read before posting hence crap REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos 1498946960

Last edited by Gypsy on Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 12:02; edited 1 time in total
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 11:31

Looks very nice, But if its windy your screwed, Bit like the Beach club, Get a good day and a good seat its perfect, End up inside or round the back, whole different experiance, REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos 871748619 Good review tho REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos 3318427985
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Post by Joel David Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 14:07

Great revue Gypsy, i am so pleased you have discovered PLACERES, i have to say that it is my favourite eatery and i dine there most nights (whilst i am on the Island) Pablo is an exceptional host and he deserves every success, i have known him for many years, i first encountered his skills as a Matre-D when he worked at BENCOMO then followed him to Los Rocas and was elated when he opened PLACERES. Have to disagree with MQ regarding the wind... the outside terrace is sheltered from the west side and if the wind is strong from the east or if it is a cold evening Pabs puts woolen blankets on every chair. I have played my piano there on several occaisions and it is a sheer joy to take in that beautiful view whilst singing my favourite songs.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 14:37

It is a while since I have been to the BENCOMO I wonder if he was the chef then, (can´t remember it's an age thing!!)

We have a place we go to CAFE 5 in Los Cris for coffee that during the winter put blankets on the chairs it makes it so comfy, only trouble is once you are wrapped up and start reading your book you forget where the time goes. It is these little touches that make them stand out from the crowd and stay in business where others fail.

Another leche leche por favor.
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 15:35

No Gypsy Pablo wasn't the chef he was restaurant manager, the chef was Laslo and i believe he has now gone back to Hungary (great loss to the island). with regard to to blankets i know what you mean, one night last january i was shrouded in a very comfortable red blanket i had endulged in one of Pabs's mixed tapas platters but regretably i had consumed a little too much excellent red wine and instantly fell asleep in my chair, when i awoke Pablo had put a large sombrero on my head and they had turned my chair to face the road, i looked like Pancho the pratt....
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 16:18

We use Cafe 5 quite a lot for coffee and snacks ,also handy for British newspapers.

January is our next visit to the island and as we are staying in Golf Del Sur we shall obviously now be visiting this restaurant ,the presentation alone is really first class so roll on January
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 0:34

I will be playing my piano and singing some of my favourite songs (and yours if you ask me) at PLACERES on Wednesday the 14th of November. Now I know you all know that i don't usually 'blow my own trumpet' but imagine eating sensational cuisine served by silver service hosts in a beautiful romantic setting enhanced by relaxing and sophisticated live music!!!mmmm . Hope to see you there...ps i was chuffed to be included in BBC Radio 3s Jazz program last saturday. What a line-up...Fatts Waller, Errol Garner, Ella Fitzgerald and Luis Armstrong, Tony Bennett and Meeeeee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 8:30

I will hah a little ponder in January
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 9:18

Joel David wrote:I will be playing my piano and singing some of my favourite songs (and yours if you ask me) at PLACERES on Wednesday the 14th of November. Now I know you all know that i don't usually 'blow my own trumpet' but imagine eating sensational cuisine served by silver service hosts in a beautiful romantic setting enhanced by relaxing and sophisticated live music!!!mmmm . Hope to see you there...ps i was chuffed to be included in BBC Radio 3s Jazz program last saturday. What a line-up...Fatts Waller, Errol Garner, Ella Fitzgerald and Luis Armstrong, Tony Bennett and Meeeeee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's easier to blow a trumpet than a piano REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos 3025408739 Jim has put the date in his diary we will try and come along but I will phone to book a table as I expect we would be unlucky to get one just going on spec as it is very popular.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 15 Nov 2012 - 21:17

I wrote this review for Tripadvisor today Much more than just the food and couldn´t believe they published it immediately, it normally takes several days. You can see what we had to eat last night, although the photos aren´t very good as they were taken with the phone - forgot the camera.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 15 Nov 2012 - 21:29

Sounds super
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 8:36

sounds good
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 14:41

A kebab shop thats open at 2am next to Sundowners sounds good to me. REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos 3025408739 Not had one for years actually. Probably why I'm still alive. lol!
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 11:45

Placeres - The Pleasure of Dining

Goodmorning my friends, iv'e just used the forum 'Trip Adviser Link' and found a review by someone calling themselves "Adam G" from Manchester who claims to have visited Placeres several days ago...he claims on the night that he dined there his meal was ruined by the "terrible noise created by an elderly english man playing a keyboard"...as no other entertainer plays at the restaurant i presume that he means me?. The revue is quite damning and i feel very unfair to the restaurant and the staff, the man clearly has an issue with me and he, as is anyone, entitled to their opinion as to the quality of my music but there is suspicion as to the validity of the revue. Adam G claims his hotel made the reservation for him, but on consultation with the restaurant NO telephone bookings from ANY HOTEL were made or accepted on the nights that i played there as both nights were fully booked by regular diners and FaceBook friends of the restaurant, in actual fact due to both nights being fully booked only ONE telephone booking was accepted and we know who that was. I find it very sad that someone who has a grudge against me should penalise a wonderfull restaurant by making a clear and concise effort to discredit me, very sad!!. Best regards Joel.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 12:13

I read that too Joel. Seemed a bit odd to me too. That's the problems with these type of review sites though, if someone has a grudge against you, they only need to write a negative review. REVIEW - Placeres - Los Abrigos 1498946960
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 12:31

I agree with you L.R. i have contacted the restaurant and suggested they get in touch with Trip Adviser to validate the revue and to investigate the member (who appears to have joined to make that one revue). It won't be hard for them to get the I.P address of Adam G from manchester and to validate which hotel made his booking and where he actualy sat in the restaurant if he was ever there at all which i very much doubt. If it is bona-fide then he is entitled to his opinion but it stands out like a pork chop at a jewish wedding amongst all the rest and hopefully intelligent people will access it for what it is.. a derogatory attack on me
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 13:13

I know everyone has to start writing reviews sometime but I am always amazed that those who write bad review never ever seem to come back to review other restaurants or add information to the forums.

I also noticed Barry D. It is interesting that when one bad review appears another usually comes alongside it. Now call me suspicious but are Adam and Barry connected in any way. Both joined together, both were unimpressed with only one restaurant, both say diddlysquat on their profiles.

If I were you I would suggest that the restaurant owner replies to the reviews (good as well as bad - it always impresses) and tell the guy that they have not in the past 6 or 7 weeks received any reservations from hotels on behalf of their clients so they can only assume he has the wrong restaurant !! Then ask TA to remove the post as false.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 15:33

that is the best thing for Joel to do.
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 15:54

Mermaid wrote:that is the best thing for Joel to do.

Thanks for your comment Mermaid, as stated in my earlier post anyone who has a grudge against me and needs to write vindictive and derogatory comments about me are at liberty do so but to penalise and derogotise the owner and the staff of PLACERES on what is supposed to be an influential and respected advisary platform of information is quite abhorrent and i am sure the restaurant will respond correctly and responsibly unlike Adam G and Barry D who i am in no doubt are one in the same. There is a legal implication regarding Trip Adviser, they have legal terms and conditions which must be abided by when posting a revue on the site as revue's can and are meant to be influential therefore the origin and authentisity of posts can be traced and verified. I do hope Adam G and Barry D can prove they were actualy there because if they can't by the legal terms and conditions of Trip Adviser they or "he" could find himself in breach of a legaly binding law of libel.
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 11:39

Gypsy wrote:I know everyone has to start writing reviews sometime but I am always amazed that those who write bad review never ever seem to come back to review other restaurants or add information to the forums.

I also noticed Barry D. It is interesting that when one bad review appears another usually comes alongside it. Now call me suspicious but are Adam and Barry connected in any way. Both joined together, both were unimpressed with only one restaurant, both say diddlysquat on their profiles.

If I were you I would suggest that the restaurant owner replies to the reviews (good as well as bad - it always impresses) and tell the guy that they have not in the past 6 or 7 weeks received any reservations from hotels on behalf of their clients so they can only assume he has the wrong restaurant !! Then ask TA to remove the post as false.

Hi Gypsy, Looks like Pablo has taken your advise and he has replied very diplomaticly to ""Adam Gs"" revue.. A good friend of mine who is a General Manager of a 5 star Castle Hotel in Yorkshire rang me about T.A., he told me his establishment constantly get mallicious revue's from competitors or 'dick-heads' with nothing better to do. He said T.A are very slow to act (but they do eventualy) and an establishment response countering false and mallicious revue's are usualy the best way of dealing with the 'saddo's'. Tis brass monkey weather here in blighty and i would much rather be languishing on beautiful Tenerife..still only 5weeks to go.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 11:47

Glad something was done Joel
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 12:03

Mermaid wrote:Glad something was done Joel

Thanks Mermaid, as i have mentioned before i am quite used to being 'sniped' at but to penalise Placeres for some small minded idiot's 'beef' with me is simply distastefull.....parden the pun.
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:39

Hello all, down on the island enjoying this fab weather, i will be playing my piano and singing a few song at PLACERES this saturday (19th) hope to see some of you there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 0:04