Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
Mcqueen
Perfectspecimen
7 posters

Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Another mess started by the Labour Party. Empty Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 21:23

British Gas prices for dual fuel up by 9.2%. Follows similar price rises announced by other power providers. 
    Now a few years back the labour party introduced measures to encourage people to go Green and put Solar Panels on their roofs and to make it quite enticing some very generous terms were introduced. Pensioner mate who lives across the road from me had 10k sat in the bank earning nowt so he spent it on solar panels for his roof. Now he gets not only free electricity but actually makes a profit too! And who is paying for this? ME, and all the others who cant afford 10k for some nice Solar Panels. Well done Labour Party, clobber the people at the bottom, another fine mess you've got us in to.

Another mess started by the Labour Party. 16779677
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Another mess started by the Labour Party. Empty Re: Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Post by Mcqueen Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 21:38

Ugly, I hate them panels everywhere, Another mess started by the Labour Party. 1498946960  I just fixed my energy prices until 2017,
    EDF Another mess started by the Labour Party. 3275847336 
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Another mess started by the Labour Party. Empty Re: Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Post by Topdog Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 22:09

Mine have dropped this year.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 22:23

Yeah, my incomes dropped too.......
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 22:35

wud love to know the make of those panels. he must live on his own cos the amount of electricity produced by those things means you will never get your money back and certainly wouldn't produce enough for a family
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 22:42

Is it not strange that all the money spent on home insulation ,new and more efficient boilers and all the other energy saving schemes haven't resulted in people saving fuel and cutting their utility bills, or is that not news worthy

Angry3
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 22:46

Big polystyrene box you need, and one candle. Bit of a fire hazard but hey-ho. Another mess started by the Labour Party. 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 22:54

3rdforum wrote:wud love to know the make of those panels. he must live on his own cos the amount of electricity produced by those things means you will never get your money back and certainly wouldn't produce enough for a family
    He lives in a fairly old bungalow with one wife and a pussy cat. Assures me its the bees knees. He has 16 panels. Burns wood (pallets, trees etc) for heating. They face SE.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 9:40

Our gas meter is hotter than the radiators Another mess started by the Labour Party. 3025408739 
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 11:59

No gas in our village so thats one bill I dont have. 19kg gas bottle for gas hob, about £20 a year, hate electric hobs. Got a ceramic one in Tenerife, press printed 'buttons' which beep annoyingly to control the uncontrollable, boil fiercely or nowt. Rubbish. Spend more time cleaning it than cooking. Ham salad rolls and beer, thats what I live on out there.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 13:21

Perfectspecimen wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:wud love to know the make of those panels. he must live on his own cos the amount of electricity produced by those things means you will never get your money back and certainly wouldn't produce enough for a family
    He lives in a fairly old bungalow with one wife and a pussy cat. Assures me its the bees knees. He has 16 panels. Burns wood (pallets, trees etc) for heating. They face SE.
    16 panels?? he musn't have any roof showing at all!!
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 18:51

Panels are only about 4' X 2', long roof, all in one line. Next time I'm out I will check how many. How many do you get for 10 grand anyway?
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 19:05

hotobucket.com/user/vrsanders/media/003.jpg.html]Another mess started by the Labour Party. 003[/URL]

Found a photo!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 19:17

Should be against the law, like wind turbines, blots on the landscape...

Angry3
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 19:38

I like wind turbines. There are some just beyond that bungalow. We got feck all else to look at anyway, just fields.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 19:40

Yeh, Looks a bassa Another mess started by the Labour Party. 1498946960 
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 19:54

Nice in Karachiville is it?
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 20:14

I like wind turbines too. Don't see what the problem is with them. They look great. Could watch them all day. Modern engineering at its best
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 22:43

Another mess started by the Labour Party. 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 18 Oct 2013 - 23:35

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder AM, not the bottom of a glass. Another mess started by the Labour Party. 3025408739 
    Anyway, the score is 2-2.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 13:50

I really, really, really, don't like them, so I get a extra half point for that, so it's, 2.5 to 2, somebody mention a beer...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 13:51

PS; it's not just that they look crap, there feckin useless...

Angry3
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 15:34

I like the look of them too, but people who live near them say they are noisy Another mess started by the Labour Party. 3275847336 
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 15:36

Do you lot drink more than me...

Another mess started by the Labour Party. 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 16:09

You read too much propaganda AM. Put out by the NIMBY brigade. Fact is fossil fuels are running out so alternatives need to be sought. I dont mind living in the shadow of wind turbines and they certainly dont cause a lot of noise, in fact I have stood by one and you could compare the noise to the rustling of wind in the trees, and at 400m I doubt you would even hear that on a windy day. You can ask the Japanese about the safety of nuclear plants, or the ex residents of Chernobyl. US had a close call at 3 mile Island too. I know which I prefer on my doorstep.
    I quite like the idea of this fracking malarky. But there again thats probably mainly because the NIMBYS hate it so much. Another mess started by the Labour Party. 3025408739 

UKIP dont like wind farms either, it wont stop me voting for them though. Lets face it, they wont get everything right. Another mess started by the Labour Party. 878948377

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 12:33