Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
Mcqueen
Perfectspecimen
7 posters

Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Another mess started by the Labour Party. - Page 2 Empty Re: Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Post by Adam Mint Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 16:59

I'm all for renewables, but wind farms, no, low output, hence you need thousands of them blotting the landscape, plus you still need back up power plants for when the wind don't blow. Ain't got a problem with hydro, ok you end up with a dam, but with good design it can blend in, tidal barrage, don't have a problem with that one, and my favourite, tidal turbines, the tides allways on the move somewhere around these islands we live on, it don't stop like the wind, so no need for back up facilities, I'd rather see a few new dams, tidal barriers, and invisible tidal turbines rather than the thousands of useless wind turbines that are going up,,, lot of big brown paper envelopes going round to sway the grants on that one at the time I bet...

Angry2
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Another mess started by the Labour Party. - Page 2 Empty Re: Another mess started by the Labour Party.

Post by 3rdforum Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 17:57

I agree that they aren't the most efficient of power generators but I still like the look of them. And noise? Our wee fella stayed sound asleep standing beside one of them few years ago. Just for the record , tidal generators are less cost effective. With regards to dams, that would be the way forward if only there were enough suitable valleys to dam up.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 19:05

Is Bradford not in a valley? Another mess started by the Labour Party. - Page 2 3025408739 

As for the tides that wouldnt be constantly the same either. They go in 2 week cycles. At Wisbech for example which is on a tidal river Spring tides produce a flow of about 3 knots (a 6 metre rise) while a week later on a neap tide there will only be a flow of about 1 knot (3 metre rise). 
    A drunken Pole falling in at this location then will take between 2 and 6 hours to reach the North Sea, a sobering thought. Another mess started by the Labour Party. - Page 2 3556750539
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 19:17

I like the sound of Bradford flooding :puzzled: 
    Just make sure all the roads are blocked first,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 19 Oct 2013 - 19:23

Get some Romans to build a wall first then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 14:20