Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+16
Mcqueen
3rdforum
Adam Mint
searcher
Mermaid
Topdog
kev23a
WeeBoabfaeGovan
Daryn
pat4fun
Hayzer
innit
Blyth Spirit
JaBBa
Perfectspecimen
Mischief Maker
20 posters

Where are you today?

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Where are you today? - Page 12 Empty Re: Where are you today?

Post by Topdog Thu 8 May 2014 - 5:06

I went through Stockport yesterday, some Nurse pulled out of a junction as I was passing and bumped my hire car, not looking one of those where you are busy along a main a road and someone decides to just not stop at a junction, she only touched my bumper, no sweat.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 8 May 2014 - 8:56

Topdog wrote:I went through Stockport yesterday, some Nurse pulled out of a junction as I was passing and bumped my hire car, not looking one of those where you are busy along a main a road and someone decides to just not stop at a junction, she only touched my bumper, no sweat.
    at least you are ok..
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 8 May 2014 - 20:01

Topdog wrote:I went through Stockport yesterday, some Nurse pulled out of a junction as I was passing and bumped my hire car, not looking one of those where you are busy along a main a road and someone decides to just not stop at a junction, she only touched my bumper, no sweat.
    Please drive on the left............  Where are you today? - Page 12 1498946960 
    You got wet feet yet? Rain all day here.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sun 11 May 2014 - 15:04

See your in London Cam, if you hang around there till the weekend we can meet up, heading down there Friday, her birthday treat, train down Friday, theatre Friday night to see Mamma Mia, she loved the film, plays it over and over and over again, Saturday night hit the town (probably Soho, if I'm going to have to sit through Mamma Mia, I want my bit fun as well), train back up Sunday...

Couldn't book it in advance cos she had to organise the Friday off work, so looked on line and saw there were train and theatre tickets plus hotel accommodation available for the whole of May, so just slipped a small card in to an Easter egg saying "Mamma Mia London", (her birthday landed Easter Sunday), she managed to get Friday 16th off work so I then set about getting tickets etc,, when I had looked at ticket availability the return train ticket for both of us was £160, one of my mates works with the rail authorities, so I was winding him up saying "come on pull a few strings and get me some cheap rail tickets", I knew he couldn't, but he informed me Virgin were having a May Day sale, you had to buy the tickets on the first of May, so come midnight I was straight on the computer £9.50 each way each, so that was £38, plus a pound postage, saved £121 quid,,, needed to, thought I was buying the hotel not booking a room for a couple of nights, Travelodge Manchester if you book in advance £19.50 a room per night, Travelodge Euston London, two nights £197... Arghhhhhhhhh...
    And yip I searched around, could have got cheaper but we'd have been out in the sticks, this way it's off the train and across the road to the hotel, theatres about a fifteen minute walk, plus we're central for sight seeing through the day so will save a bit on taxis, tube etc, plus when I told the quiz team what we were doing, one of the girls said she had stayed in the hotel recently when she was down in London on bussines, and the hotel had just reopened after a major refurbish and looked the part, so all in all should be ok hopefully...

Not booked a table for a pre theatre meal yet, could have paid a tenner extra each on the theatre tickets and got a two course meal flung in, had a look at a few of the restaurants and sample menus, what was on offer was very poor, we arrive midday Friday so my plan is to head down to the area where the theatre is and see first hand whats on offer, she loves her steaks...

So as said, hang around Cam and you can buy me a pint...

Where are you today? - Page 12 1460810463
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sun 11 May 2014 - 15:46

Adam Mint wrote:See your in London Cam, if you hang around there till the weekend we can meet up, heading down there Friday, her birthday treat, train down Friday, theatre Friday night to see Mamma Mia, she loved the film, plays it over and over and over again, Saturday night hit the town (probably Soho, if I'm going to have to sit through Mamma Mia, I want my bit fun as well), train back up Sunday...

Couldn't book it in advance cos she had to organise the Friday off work, so looked on line and saw there were train and theatre tickets plus hotel accommodation available for the whole of May, so just slipped a small card in to an Easter egg saying "Mamma Mia London", (her birthday landed Easter Sunday), she managed to get Friday 16th off work so I then set about getting tickets etc,, when I had looked at ticket availability the return train ticket for both of us was £160, one of my mates works with the rail authorities, so I was winding him up saying "come on pull a few strings and get me some cheap rail tickets", I knew he couldn't, but he informed me Virgin were having a May Day sale, you had to buy the tickets on the first of May, so come midnight I was straight on the computer £9.50 each way each, so that was £38, plus a pound postage, saved £121 quid,,, needed to, thought I was buying the hotel not booking a room for a couple of nights, Travelodge Manchester if you book in advance £19.50 a room per night, Travelodge Euston London, two nights £197... Arghhhhhhhhh...
    And yip I searched around, could have got cheaper but we'd have been out in the sticks, this way it's off the train and across the road to the hotel, theatres about a fifteen minute walk, plus we're central for sight seeing through the day so will save a bit on taxis, tube etc, plus when I told the quiz team what we were doing, one of the girls said she had stayed in the hotel recently when she was down in London on bussines, and the hotel had just reopened after a major refurbish and looked the part, so all in all should be ok hopefully...

Not booked a table for a pre theatre meal yet, could have paid a tenner extra each on the theatre tickets and got a two course meal flung in, had a look at a few of the restaurants and sample menus, what was on offer was very poor, we arrive midday Friday so my plan is to head down to the area where the theatre is and see first hand whats on offer, she loves her steaks...

Have a lovely time.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 11 May 2014 - 15:55

Sounds like a plan Minty! Enjoy!  Where are you today? - Page 12 294053457 
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 11 May 2014 - 16:25

Yeah got very wet. Driving on correct side Vince, she has admitted liability and her insurance company asking to deal with me direct, yeah right.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 11 May 2014 - 17:39

Adam Mint wrote:See your in London Cam, if you hang around there till the weekend we can meet up, heading down there Friday, her birthday treat, train down Friday, theatre Friday night to see Mamma Mia, she loved the film, plays it over and over and over again, Saturday night hit the town (probably Soho, if I'm going to have to sit through Mamma Mia, I want my bit fun as well), train back up Sunday...

Hope its worth it considering how long it has taken you to write this post! Where are you today? - Page 12 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 11 May 2014 - 18:20

Wasn't doing anything else so it kept my hands occupied for a bit...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 May 2014 - 9:50

Says I'm in Glasgow,,, in London, fecking things useless...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 May 2014 - 20:41

Adam Mint wrote:Ah, yip I've surfaced in London...

mmmm, this looks ok...

Where are you today? - Page 12 The_al10
    Came across this place by accident today, thought that looks familiar, then it clicked, any excuse for a beer,photo to follow...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 19 May 2014 - 9:28

Map things gone tits up, message coming up saying sites exceeded its map limit...

Time to put another shilling in the meter me thinks...

Where are you today? - Page 12 878948377 

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 19 May 2014 - 19:01

Lovely architecture, the one on the left I mean...........
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Mon 19 May 2014 - 19:04

I am back in Dunfermline whoo hoo
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 20 May 2014 - 9:21

Back in Manchester...
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 21:01

This evening I appear to be having dinner in Paris  Where are you today? - Page 12 3275847336
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 21:05

Mischief Maker wrote:This evening I appear to be having dinner in Paris  Where are you today? - Page 12 3275847336
    lucky you,got there quick Where are you today? - Page 12 1913075024
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 21:08

I am in the middle of the road in Westminster.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 21:36

I'm in London in Westminster Conference Centre... Where are you today? - Page 12 3275847336 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 21:50

I dont know where to look  Where are you today? - Page 12 2419626307  So i'll stay in Leeds, Something going on in Headingley stadium tonight, Its like daylight outside with the floodlights, Plus some twats banging a drum,  Where are you today? - Page 12 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 19 Jun 2014 - 12:01

I'm up a barranco...

Where are you today? - Page 12 2419626307 
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:25

Looks like I'm still at the sea side, Southport today...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 21:30

Mermaid, the wee blue pointy thing is almost where you stay, that's a first, what you doing home...
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 12:01

Adam Mint wrote:Mermaid, the wee blue pointy thing is almost where you stay, that's a first, what you doing home...
    makes a change. Wonder where I can go next Where are you today? - Page 12 3025408739
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 7 Jul 2014 - 12:46

Still stuck in Southport...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 8:13