Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+8
Gypsy
Mermaid
Daryn
Adam Mint
searcher
3rdforum
Topdog
Campbell Brodie
12 posters

What are you doing today??

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

What are you doing today?? - Page 19 Empty Re: What are you doing today??

Post by Adam Mint Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 18:06

Just back from the Freebird One whales and dolphins trip, three hours, have done the Freebird a couple of times before, the four and a half hour Los Gigantes/whales and dolphins trip, but she wasn't sure about being four and a half hours on a boat so the three hour trip it was, advertise at €41 per head including free food and drink the whole trip not just during the hour or so food is served as many other trips offer, on the Los Gigantes/whales and dolphin trip you set sail from Porto Colon down to Los Gigantes, moor under the cliffs for about threequarters of an hour while you demolish a giant paella and a few glasses of red and have a dip off the back of the boat to keep cool before heading out to see the whales/dolphins, today, hardly out of the harbour guy comes round with a cool box full of either cheese and ham or cheese and tomato butties, ok we have one, out we head to see the whales /dolphins, best I've seen, plenty pilot (small) whales and dolphins, plus a few big whales, then we head La Calleta bay for a swim (and food I suspect), got there , swim yip, paella no, I ask where's the paella, got offered another butty...
    Got to say we didnt pay the €41 excursion shops were asking, had looked the net and it was on offer for €35, told this to guy in excursion shop so got same price...
    All in all a very nice day, that €12 I saved,,, one paella coming up...

Transport
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 19:29

Bad day out: Went to Wells this morning while tide was out to look for a hole with a few feet of water in it for my boat which is still currently tied to a barge. Walked down the slipway and bang, arse slid straight into the sea, baccy comes flying out my pocket, cut left arm and fingers. Blox! Anyway found a hole so me and the dog walk back paddling along and taking great care on the slipway. Get to car and theres a bleeding parking ticket on it! Grrrrr.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 16779677  2 more cars there in this layby both with blue badges so they get nowt along with their free bloody road tax. Not a human in sight so they aint very disabled are they? Whats the point of a layby if you cant park in it? Drove back through the main town and of course loads of cars on DOUBLE yellow lines causing havoc but no sign of my traffic warden who obviously likes patrolling the more remote and scenic regions. £35.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 1498946960 
    Tenerife on Thursday, no car and no boat. I should be safe then. Just bought the ticket for coming back. Yesterday it was 62€ today it was 76€. I've got a bleeding arm and a bleeding fecking pocket too.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 19:46

aww you have had a bad day. Can it get any worse What are you doing today?? - Page 19 2761542443
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 19:59

Yesterday wasnt much better, bought a new 3 in 1 printer from Argos, a whole £29.99 it was, complete with ink, bargain me thinks. Spent hours trying to get it working without result so got Freddie to try, no joy. I told him to try it on his laptop, it works on his! WTF?????? Upshot is,,,, Freddie has a new printer.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 1498946960
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 21:49

Perfectspecimen wrote:Yesterday wasnt much better, bought a new 3 in 1 printer from Argos, a whole £29.99 it was, complete with ink, bargain me thinks. Spent hours trying to get it working without result so got Freddie to try, no joy. I told him to try it on his laptop, it works on his! WTF?????? Upshot is,,,, Freddie has a new printer.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 1498946960

Are you using an old laptop? What version of "Windows" are you on? Vista or Win7 or Win8? You may have to download the driver for that particular make of printer if you're using an older version of windows. Try doing that before you give it ti Freddy. Freddy probably has a more modern one... What are you doing today?? - Page 19 3025408739 
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 22:28

agree with Cam go on makers site and download software.....out again, just coz one pouch got wet.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 22:44

Its Vista, too old obviously like its owner. Freddie done all the downloading bit last night to no avail. It doesnt work properly on his either he has to save the web page then print it, I understand little or none of it  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 206331103
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 22:55

give me make and model number
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 23:14

HP 1510, just dont buy one.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 23:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    select 32 or 64bit
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 11:15

I have since found a GENUINE review site that frankly slated this machine unlike the reviews on the Argos page. Many of the issues were similar to mine plus it is likely to start chewing paper and is very hungry on ink cartridges so I have decided to take it back to the shop and hopefully get my 2999 pennies back.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 22:32

Perfectspecimen wrote:Bad day out: Went to Wells this morning while tide was out to look for a hole with a few feet of water in it for my boat which is still currently tied to a barge. Walked down the slipway and bang, arse slid straight into the sea, baccy comes flying out my pocket, cut left arm and fingers. Blox! Anyway found a hole so me and the dog walk back paddling along and taking great care on the slipway. Get to car and theres a bleeding parking ticket on it! Grrrrr.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 16779677  2 more cars there in this layby both with blue badges so they get nowt along with their free bloody road tax. Not a human in sight so they aint very disabled are they? Whats the point of a layby if you cant park in it? Drove back through the main town and of course loads of cars on DOUBLE yellow lines causing havoc but no sign of my traffic warden who obviously likes patrolling the more remote and scenic regions. £35.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 1498946960 
    Tenerife on Thursday, no car and no boat. I should be safe then. Just bought the ticket for coming back. Yesterday it was 62€ today it was 76€. I've got a bleeding arm and a bleeding fecking pocket too.

You over Thursday,,, mmmm, what time you arrive...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 23:05

Had a big one last night in the Times,,, so breakfast was about twelve thirty today in a very nearby bar/restaurant, plan was two beers two breakfasts, ended up one beer, one red wine, one sangria, one breakfast, one mussels spanish style,,, and I wasn't on the sangria and breakfast, that sorted me good, went to hire bikes, needed photo ID, so tell her to have a drink while I head back to apartment to get ID, bump in to Mcqueen, catch up on the world, get back to bike shop, she's sheltering from sun behind a telephone kiosk, cos she thought I was only going to be a few minutes and didn't go for drink,,, my head starts to hurt again,,,,, bikes hired off to PDLA bus station to check the time of the only bus up Teide, 09:15, (bus up, bike down) so an early one tonight,,, then we headed Fanabe beach, then Othello II for chicken and rabbit to watch the sunset, told her it was a flat ride along the prom back, so ears hurting again,,, I'm going to head up to Topdogs for a nightcap while she prepairs herself for tomorrow, she's in training, her training regime, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 23:18

Yeah what time you here as Reg has his last night, my anniversary too
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 0:57

You weren't there, but the Fosters was ok, so didn't miss you... x
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 2:35

Heyup Minty I arrive just in time for karaoke in Sundowners on Thursday, well, if I'm lucky. Flying Yorkshire International (Jet2). I used to wonder why the flight numbers started LS, its the Leeds postcode innit  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 3025408739 
    Feck all planned for the next 5 days seeing as England have let me down............... Yes, thought I would be watching a match on Saturday or Sunday, but on the plus side I wont need to pack the new England shirt  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 1498946960 
    I know where most of the Scottish and Irish bars in LA are. Kev and Reg have my phone number.  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 2084528412
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 17:09

Topdog wrote:Yeah what time you here as Reg has his last night, my anniversary too

Which anniversary? Wedding or Tenerife flit? What are you doing today?? - Page 19 3275847336 
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:25

Have a nice last night Reg but I will give that a miss. I am free Friday, Saturday and Monday.
    Today I went to Argos to return printer, no probs, ended up with a Canon one for same price. Compatible with Vista!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 21:03

Chilling out over a nice red,,, the day ain't been all easy, alarm set for seven thirty, bit of breakfast then off to bus station to catch the 09:15 bus up Teide, plan was get off bus about five mile or so before Tiede's cable car base so as to miss out the three mile or so up hill mountain bit, load bikes in to bus luggage compartment, gets on bus map in hand, points out exactly where we want to get off so as to have no up hill sections, driver acknowledges my request, off we set, bus was pretty full but seats behind driver were empty, so we plonk ourselves down, we ain't even out of PDLA and she's asleep...
    Gets up to Vilaflor and a couple get on kitted out for walking, mmmm I think, I know this guy, the penny drops, he drank in the same bar as I did when I lived out here, was a United fan so we had often sat together while watching games,,, anyway someone pings the bell to get off, it's him and his wife, I give him a tap on the arm and a reply of ain seen you for ages came, that was it as they were the only two getting off, we were at the big picnic/barbecue area which in my mind was pretty near where you go over the top and start heading downhill again so I say to driver should we just get off here, he, no, no, no, the top, ok, we sit back, we were at the top in a few minutes and start to head down hill,,, I say to him anywhere here,,, no, no, to dangerous, I stop soon,,, soon my fu#king arse, right down where the road splits to go to Los Gigantes, bas#ard, sorry Spanish fu#king bas#ard,,,,,, one and a quarter hours rucksack on back pushing bikes up a feckin mountain, sweating like pigs, to say nothing of the earache...... The irony of it is we ended up having our picnic at the barbicue area where we could have got off,,, arghhh... Then we head off downhill, fast,,, hit Vilaflor , first bar for a beer, as we're having it the cloud moved in, jeans and sweatshirts on off we head again, only gone a hundred yards or so and there's my friend and his wife, got talking, they were heading back to there minibus (they do organsised walking trips), they're heading down to the next village El something,,, for a coffee, invites us along, I look, ok a beer then,,, we both get to place about same time, good catch up, they're having a great life out here (she's German), they travel everywhere in the world walking,,, beer and coffees finished they offer us and bikes a ride down,,, where the feck were they when we needed them,,, we decline...
    Next stop a nice little place in Chayofa, a couple of tapas with wine, then the last leg back to the apartment, great day despite the hill climb...
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 22:25

I hope Annie didn´t try to do it in her high heeled shoes.  They looked very pretty but made my toes pinch just looking at the height. What are you doing today?? - Page 19 Go-girl
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Jun 2014 - 23:34

Wedding erm ?years...ok Mince.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 17:26

Minty just in the pool with two blondes. Mmm
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 18:30

Pervadido...

I give you mates rates,,, but I get to watch..................
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 18:55

Last full day, don't fly till 21:15 so still got a bit of tomorrow, had to return bikes today at 15:15, so up early it was again  nosey  ...

Decide light breakfast in apartment then nice lunch somewhere pre handing bikes back, decided Los Cris end, off we head, bumped in to Mcqueen and J, well to be honest I tried to hit him but missed, must have been the beer I had for breakfast,,, I had a place in mind, the restaurant just up past the Beverly Hills Club, just kept telling her it was around the corner,,, cardiac hill job,,, but the views and the food 10/10...
    Got there (sweating like pigs), a large and a small beer to cool off, really just wanted a snack lunch as we intend to go out tonight, order one melon and ham to share as a starter, waiter brought it divided on two plates, four slices of melon each and three of ham plus orange and parsley to garnish, half was more than enough for one person, to follow two further starters, her the Caesar salad and me mussels in white wine, we both left half, not because it was not good, just the portion sizes, both huge and ment to be starters,,, plus a nice bottle of red, in English money, £24...
    Then we roll down the hill and return bikes, see a sign for those underwater scooter things, I say I've allways fancied it but no one would ever go with me, she says she's up for it, all hired out for the day, sob, sob, sob,,, so jet ski it was, she's as mad as me, full throttle all the way, well my hand was on top of hers on it......
    Another very nice day, shame it's the last...

What are you doing today?? - Page 19 2681204924 What are you doing today?? - Page 19 2681204924
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 26 Jun 2014 - 19:49

Looks like you're having a grand old time Minty! What are you doing today?? - Page 19 3318427985  What are you doing today?? - Page 19 294053457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 16:57